Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

choc e-Claire 10.23.2019 05:10 PM

Thinking this weekend I should probably go out and buy a hard drive to backup my laptop - it's getting pretty damn clunky and I'm worried it'll bug out on me at some point soon.

_slavo_ 10.24.2019 06:41 AM

Ohhh, now that's what I call stress.

!@#$%! 10.24.2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Ohhh, now that's what I call stress.

:D :D :D

NYCgaf16 10.24.2019 10:15 AM

Sy discord server
https://discord.gg/tdY6WKY

NYCgaf16 10.28.2019 12:29 PM

What is this green square underneath the post count?

h8kurdt 10.28.2019 01:45 PM

If you don't see that when you're online YOU GONNA DIE!

Edit:jeez from me posting that to refreshing, the rep just went to max. Well that was surprisingly easy for you.

_tunic_ 10.28.2019 01:57 PM

But if you ask more stupid questions like that it will turn red :D

I've never understood that rating. The bar only shows full green or full red. You can give people positive or negative credit by selecting the scale icon

!@#$%! 10.28.2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
But if you ask more stupid questions like that it will turn red :D

I've never understood that rating. The bar only shows full green or full red. You can give people positive or negative credit by selecting the scale icon

the more rep you have the more you can give/take so it was a bit of an exponential curve where old members had to work hard for each little square back in 2006 but new ones get megapoint doses from the outset

choc e-Claire 10.28.2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the more rep you have the more you can give/take so i was a bit of an exponential curve where old members had to work hard for each little square back in 2006 but new ones get megapoint doses from the outset

;)...

NYCgaf16 10.29.2019 10:55 AM

Cool thanks guys

EVOLghost 10.30.2019 04:54 PM

Another night at the arcade! Daisuke, the Japanese player, is back in town! Thank goodness that he is not working as late tonight and will be getting more matches with him too! I'll also be going in late tomorrow so I'll probably be closing out the bar...I'll probably have a 250mg edible before I head out....

EVOLghost 10.30.2019 04:58 PM

Also...I've sort of been gaining a little weight since I've been eating like shit...and well now that I haven't been eating out now...I've sort of been overeating here at home. I've been hearing something about this fasting thing....but I feel like that may encourage my overeating more. So I think I'm just gonna be real strict with fats and severely limit them. I have healthy? fats like Queso Fresco some milk fo rmy cereal and Avocados! As for meat, I will not cut it out, but I will be once again severely limiting it as....I had been before I moved. My main goal isn't so much losing weight but not gaining any more....and simply feel better after eating. Like I said...I had been overeating and man does it make you feel like shit...so yeah....more fruits n veggies. Less fat.

!@#$%! 10.30.2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Also...I've sort of been gaining a little weight since I've been eating like shit...and well now that I haven't been eating out now...I've sort of been overeating here at home. I've been hearing something about this fasting thing....but I feel like that may encourage my overeating more. So I think I'm just gonna be real strict with fats and severely limit them. I have healthy? fats like Queso Fresco some milk fo rmy cereal and Avocados! As for meat, I will not cut it out, but I will be once again severely limiting it as....I had been before I moved. My main goal isn't so much losing weight but not gaining any more....and simply feel better after eating. Like I said...I had been overeating and man does it make you feel like shit...so yeah....more fruits n veggies. Less fat.

what’s making you fat is the cereal....

fat is your friend, especially in winter. if you need to cut calories then reduce the carbs first (sugar and white/refined starches especially).

it’s also the carbs that make you feel shitty/sleepy when you abuse them. carb coma.

keep up your protein and vegs and eat good fats for hunger and cold. avocado is your friend, but (good) olive oil is a more direct way to get the same fats (oleic).

milk is designed to turn a calf into a bullock and is a weight gainer btw. unless you’re working out, skip it too.

EVOLghost 10.30.2019 05:08 PM

Oh dang...figured since it was breakfast, I'd be able to burn it throughout the day. As for the cereal, it's Raisin Bran...plus....a single bowl is so fucking filling....it really helps me not to overdo it.

But yeah...what's been making me fat are the carbs...

thanks bruh.

!@#$%! 10.30.2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Oh dang...figured since it was breakfast, I'd be able to burn it throughout the day. As for the cereal, it's Raisin Bran...plus....a single bowl is so fucking filling....it really helps me not to overdo it.

But yeah...what's been making me fat are the carbs...

thanks bruh.

yep anytime

actually when you wake up you’re in fat-burning mode, so you could prolong that pathway by ingesting some protein with fat.

my weekday breakfast is 3 eggs with 2oz cheese and about 3oz spinach. about... hm... 35g protein with a solid chunk of greenery. then maybe 2-3 hours later an orange with my coffee (not juice, juice = bad, lol)

watch your protein intake on each meal. often we overeat other things because we need the protein in it. e.g. a dose of pasta has 6g protein but like 40g carbs. whereas a medium egg has same protein but not carbs.

whenever i tried veganism i got fat immediately for this reason lololol: endless bowls of oats and no satisfaction

anyway do what works for you cuz everyone is different. but yeah watch them starches lol

EVOLghost 10.30.2019 05:58 PM

Oh! One thing....what about beer? I only drink on the weekends and the occasional weekday(like today). Will that really set me back if I drink like 3/4 beers? Should I be switching to like hard alcohol...or something?

Bytor Peltor 10.30.2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Almond milk would be a nice alternative. Also, a single boiled egg with a handful of almonds, grapes (raisins or dried cranberries) and some cubes of cheese is a fantastic protein pick me up.

!@#$%! 10.30.2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Oh! One thing....what about beer? I only drink on the weekends and the occasional weekday(like today). Will that really set me back if I drink like 3/4 beers? Should I be switching to like hard alcohol...or something?

beer carbs vary but you won't get a beer gut if you stay farily active

actually after a good bike ride i fucking want BEER! "recovery drink" i say :D

anyway, funny story for a winter beer: guinness is pretty low-carb. guinness draught, not extra-stout. i think it's like... 10 carbs per bottle? which is way less than 2 oz pasta lmao. miller lite has just 3 carbs per can but... stick to the guinness lmao.

choc e-Claire 10.30.2019 10:42 PM

I had to try and explain to a 14yo on Discord today why it's unlikely Jeffrey Epstein's 'suicide' actually was one.

He seemed to not get it for a while ("why would the news lie?"), but I was used to it. He's almost infuriatingly naive - over the last month, he's been an apologist for Ben Shapiro, Andrew Jackson, and Panic! at the Disco; but I don't think he's right-wing, he's just a moron. (And before you ask: yes, all right-wingers are morons, but not all morons are right-wing, and this is one that can be fixed ;) )

EVOLghost 10.31.2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
beer carbs vary but you won't get a beer gut if you stay farily active

actually after a good bike ride i fucking want BEER! and new mexico has some pretty awesome brews. "recovery drink" i say :D

anyway, funny story for a winter beer: guinness is pretty low-carb. guinness draught, not extra-stout. i think it's like... 10 carbs per bottle? which is way less than 2 oz pasta lmao. miller lite has just 3 carbs per can but... stick to the guinness lmao.

I like cheap and Mexican lagers lol.