Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

NYCgaf16 11.10.2019 03:06 PM

only back home by daniel spaleniak

it was the first time i saw him and immediately fell in live with his music

its the one next to the eddie vedder one

Bytor Peltor 11.10.2019 06:45 PM

I just checked out his BandCamp, The Burning Sea sounds lovely. Do you BandCamp? It’s a great way to check out new artist and take chances on different types of music.

NYCgaf16 11.11.2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I just checked out his BandCamp, The Burning Sea sounds lovely. Do you BandCamp? It’s a great way to check out new artist and take chances on different types of music.

Wait dont you have to pay to use bandcamp?

!@#$%! 11.11.2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCgaf16

wat

no!

!@#$%! 11.11.2019 10:38 AM

also, since you like the physical object music thing, have you considered collecting vinyl?

i’m a “fuck things” kind of person at this point in my life, but if you want true collectibles.... vinyl is what people could call a, *cough cough*, an “investment,” so to speak (not really an investment, but it can actually hold its value and even appreciate... maybe... i some special cases... if you’re ((very)) lucky)

e.g., this hilarious hoarder lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eph9Y1FnYnM

_tunic_ 11.11.2019 10:53 AM

Streaming on bandcamp is for free, if the artist has enabled it, which is nearly everyone except Nils Frahm :( . You can still pay for the digital and/or physical release

Bytor Peltor 11.11.2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

For some releases you must, but even then, they usually have a couple of tracks you can listen to for free.

But the vast majority of BandCamp is free streaming. Also, “name your price” where -0- is accepted......but it’s better to at least pay $1 when you can.

Last but not least -download codes- are the best!

EVOLghost 11.13.2019 07:16 PM

Hey look it's me! Just working on the stream. Gotta make a few more tweaks to insert player names and player score....but I am for some odd reason having a hard time with that...everytime I insert text, it's mirrored with the worst resolution. So...I'm trying to figure some shit out for it. I have a month to figure all this shit out before I stream our tournament at the arcade...

The image on the right is for the gameplay. Jazzy Circuit is a promo for the tournament circuit and my cam is a place holder for the player camera. Commentator cam will transition in between matches.

Bytor Peltor 11.15.2019 04:34 AM

Get Off The Fucking Bus

EVOLghost 11.15.2019 12:14 PM

I think I just got ghosted for lunch. The fuck...

NYCgaf16 11.17.2019 11:04 AM

Fuck it. Lets talk about nirvana

!@#$%! 11.17.2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Fuck it. Lets talk about nirvana

yes! let’s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW19lvBUmwI

:D

_tunic_ 11.17.2019 12:43 PM

Can you feel my love buzz?

choc e-Claire 11.17.2019 02:30 PM

As long as we agree In Utero > Nevermind.

NYCgaf16 11.18.2019 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
As long as we agree In Utero > Nevermind.

Maybe

choc e-Claire 11.18.2019 02:04 AM

Quote:

Maybe

I think, if you're going to hang out on this forum, you're going to learn that weirder and noisier almost always equals better. Sometimes they're talking out their ass, but not on this one. In Utero is the more unique, and superior, album.

choc e-Claire 11.20.2019 09:40 PM

Getting to learn about the charms of complex numbers in polar form in Spesh this year. Hooray...

In better news, I'm ahead of the curve in Physics, to the extent where my teacher's letting me go early so I can make it to the shift my boss wants me to work.

The downside is it's currently 33*C. Fortunately the cool change will hit.

h8kurdt 11.21.2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Getting to learn about the charms of complex numbers in polar form in Spesh this year. Hooray...

In better news, I'm ahead of the curve in Physics, to the extent where my teacher's letting me go early so I can make it to the shift my boss wants me to work.

The downside is it's currently 33*C. Fortunately the cool change will hit.

What a rollercoaster of emotions that was

!@#$%! 11.21.2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
What a rollercoaster of emotions that was

hey hey now

polar coordinates are cool as shit

as a visual person, you’d enjoy them

they make nice function curves

yeah, you know you wanna

h8kurdt 11.21.2019 09:41 AM

Sheet beach, get outta here with your numbers and lines and shit