Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

NYCgaf16 12.23.2019 01:27 PM

I mean... i dont really know. I was sitting on the internet, listening in school. Also watching a lot of youtube.

Bytor Peltor 12.23.2019 02:48 PM

Happiest of Birthdays Slavo

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
there are three threads for slavo's birthday and the queen of resurrecting old threads posts it here :-D :-D :-D

Happy birthday slavo! And best wishes for the new year.

===================

question to NYCgaf16:
how come your English is so good? I mean you're 16, and you live in Poland. Many Polish people I've come across don't speak a word of English, some speak a bit of German.

!@#$%! 12.23.2019 05:00 PM

choc e-Claire 12.25.2019 01:18 AM

Looking into university stuff. It's scarily close, and I'm excited but nervous.

Also, merry Christmas!

h8kurdt 12.25.2019 06:25 AM

Merry Christmas, sugar. Hope you had a fun one. Been busy playing super uncle and now Wallace and Gromit is on TV. That's a decent Christmas morning I reckon.

!@#$%! 12.25.2019 08:28 AM

good mornings

i had too much irish cream last night and needed some aspirin before bed hahaha

pick a good school claire. it’s going to be a lot of fun.

choc e-Claire 12.25.2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Merry Christmas, sugar.

Got a few books, an AM! hoodie, and a hilariously small music player that'll still serve me well. Plus a high-storage microSD card to put in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
pick a good school claire.

I at least now have a specific daydream aspiration - the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand. It's unlikely, but still within the realms of possibility.

_tunic_ 12.25.2019 07:05 PM

He aha me whiri ai a Ōtākou?

Wow, you have high standards ;)
That would be awesome if you could make it there. (I of course have no clue about uni's on your part of the globe, but the claims on their site are top notch)
What do you want to study?

choc e-Claire 12.25.2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Wow, you have high standards ;)
That would be awesome if you could make it there. (I of course have no clue about uni's on your part of the globe, but the claims on their site are top notch)
What do you want to study?

It honestly seems like it'd be a really fun place - I'd get to study overseas, it's a very student-heavy town in the only English country that's not actively regressing towards the right (Morrison, Johnson, Trump, etc.), and they evidently get enough Australians that it'd be fairly easy to sort out.

Probably major in mathematics or statistics, which are fortunately cheaper degrees.

Bytor Peltor 12.25.2019 10:55 PM

Daughters gave my wife a screen and projector for outside viewing.

Tonight, The Wizard Of OZ

!@#$%! 12.25.2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
It honestly seems like it'd be a really fun place - I'd get to study overseas, it's a very student-heavy town in the only English country that's not actively regressing towards the right (Morrison, Johnson, Trump, etc.), and they evidently get enough Australians that it'd be fairly easy to sort out.

Probably major in mathematics or statistics, which are fortunately cheaper degrees.

looks beautiful—fingers crossed!

_slavo_ 12.25.2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCgaf16
its my birthday today yay!

czesc, fellow Slavic member. I am from Slovakia, though I live in different lands nowadays. I have some Polish co-workers, I only hate one of them, so it´s all good

_slavo_ 12.25.2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I the only English country that's not actively regressing towards the right (Morrison, Johnson, Trump, etc.),

how about Canada?

choc e-Claire 12.26.2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
how about Canada?

Canada's doing well, I guess - but I've never lived in a country with a land border before, and I wouldn't want neighbours as testy as the USA.

Also, NZ is much cheaper, and less likely to cause homesickness. And it'll be cold, but not unreasonably so.

Bytor Peltor 12.26.2019 09:07 AM

How long after Christmas until your decorations start coming down?

NYCgaf16 12.26.2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
How long after Christmas until your decorations start coming down?

i don't really know. i think they stay to like half of january i think

NYCgaf16 12.26.2019 02:26 PM

polish sonic youth cassette. i think it's a bootleg. look at the mix of the songs.

i myself have that copy. the quality is well... how to write that... cassette-ish?

i was lucky that i bought it. it's a rarity :)

NYCgaf16 12.26.2019 02:33 PM

there was a lot of casstettes of this firm (did i wrote it good?). it was doing reprints of casstettes with music from the western countries.

you can read about why polish people couldn't listen to western music and couldn't have anything from western culture

sorry for my bad english

NYCgaf16 12.26.2019 02:38 PM

our lord and saviour Chris Lawrence should do an update in the discography section

Bytor Peltor 12.26.2019 03:36 PM

A nice addition to any cassette collection......how does it sound?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCgaf16

polish sonic youth cassette. i think it's a bootleg. look at the mix of the songs.

i myself have that copy. the quality is well... how to write that... cassette-ish?

i was lucky that i bought it. it's a rarity :)