Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

!@#$%! 01.17.2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Thinking I should make a little 'roadtest' holiday over the next school break, just to make sure pushing out on my own is okay. Can't decide where in Australia to go, though.

new zealand :p ;) :D

_tunic_ 01.18.2020 02:47 AM

Somewhere where it isn't burning....
Seriously, How about Tasmania?

Or if you want to go to concerts go to a big city where a bunch of good bands are playing (check with app like bandsintown). Or even follow one band on tour

choc e-Claire 01.18.2020 03:31 AM

The three main cities I'm considering are Adelaide, Canberra, and Hobart, although a friend suggested going to a smaller city on the NSW coast (Newcastle, Gosford, somewhere like that).

If I wanted to go to concerts I'm not going to travel; Melbourne's one of the two big cities for concerts and we try to market ourselves as the cultured one. And next month I'll be 18 and finally able to go to shit!

The football team I like is playing in Canberra during the school break... ;)

_tunic_ 01.18.2020 06:39 AM

Jeez, I should really stop taking shit literally. Now I can't stop wondering how it would be like to be constipated for 18 years.

!@#$%! 01.18.2020 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Jeez, I should really stop taking shit literally. Now I can't stop wondering how it would be like to be constipated for 18 years.

nooooo! please don’t stop. this way is much better hahahahahaaaa

!@#$%! 01.18.2020 08:28 AM

go here claire

NYCgaf16 01.18.2020 02:09 PM

i recently learned at school that the fires in australia are a natural thing and they happen once at (in?) a time but the one that is happening right now is like the largest one so far

NYCgaf16 01.18.2020 02:10 PM

or maybe i screwed somethin up i wasn't listening too well

choc e-Claire 01.18.2020 07:51 PM

Yeah, we have fires a lot - when I was seven nearly 200 people died in one of them. (I didn't notice, I was more chuffed to get a whole week off school.) That said, these ones are a lot bigger geographically, and they're exactly what was predicted months, even years ago.

And I'm not going to the desert again. Hell no.

choc e-Claire 01.18.2020 08:02 PM

I like that I've gotten to watch music videos for a couple of hours and pass it off as homework.

_slavo_ 01.19.2020 04:39 AM

The older I get, the more people keep telling me I look like Doug Stamper from House of Cards. Probably goes along my bald head and eyebrows.

_tunic_ 01.19.2020 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
The older I get, the more people keep telling me I look like Doug Stamper from House of Cards. Probably goes along my bald head and eyebrows.

People used to tell me I look like Gaston Lagaffe, I always took it as a compliment :p
He's a legend

NYCgaf16 01.19.2020 01:29 PM

what is this forums opinion on polish rock?

!@#$%! 01.19.2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCgaf16

like this?

eta: jokes aside i only know chopin, penderecki, and that guy who wrote the music for kieslowski... zzzzzigb... man, polish names are hard. zigbi.. i dont know. also i don’t know polish rock bands,

kieslowski though... wajda.... yeah i know a little more about film. not nearly enough though.

last polish film i’ve seen i think it was IDA. it was great!

_slavo_ 01.20.2020 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCgaf16

Hmm, not sure if I know too many Polish bands besides Vader and Behemoth

_tunic_ 01.20.2020 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
like this?

jeez! what did I say about taking shit literally? :D

I don't think I know any Polish rock though, I did like that guy you were talking about a couple of months ago. We do have Mr. Polska, who's a Dutch-Polish rapper, he's horrible according to my musical standards but I hate that kind of music. His lyrics are all in Dutch as well, so it's more Dutch music than Polish music I guess

(edit: this is a nice video as long as you switch off the sound [NSFW] :) )

choc e-Claire 01.20.2020 09:14 PM

I've been writing more lyrics lately, to keep alive my daydream of being a musician. True to form (of both my age and musical interests), they're about fucking.

choc e-Claire 01.20.2020 10:38 PM

Losing my mind trying to work out combinatorics for sports events.

NYCgaf16 01.21.2020 01:01 PM

i'm going to Gdynia to spend some time with my brothers tommorrow. yay! it's winter holliday in poland right now so that's also cool

choc e-Claire 01.22.2020 11:31 PM

Went to the dentist today. My teeth are doing great, I just need to start flossing.

...that's what they said last time as well :o