Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Cantankerous 06.30.2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
HA!

Thats totally understandable. I like how patriotic American's can be, it shows unity. Thats nice when its directed towards positive things.

yeah but when it's not directed towards positive things...ie iraq war

i find it weird that it would be considered racist to be proud to be english or have a flag. but then i grew up in a society where that kind of thing is encouraged.

screamingskull 06.30.2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
Weird. Is it only with that particular flag or with flags in general there?

English Flag = Widely seen as Racist

British Flag = Ok

acousticrock87 06.30.2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
yeah but when it's not directed towards positive things...ie iraq war

Exactly. Which is why I can't stand American patriotism anymore.

And call me ignorant, but I seriously didn't know there was a seperate flag for England. I though the union jack was it...

Cantankerous 06.30.2008 05:30 PM

oh i thought you meant the british flag was racist.

i can see how the english flag would be though.

Cantankerous 07.01.2008 03:36 AM

i had one where i slept with mick jagger (more like a nightmare but at least he wasn't old in the dream)

and another one but i forgot it

oh right,

that my dad had a band, which he does not. and he called a friend of mine to record his band. and i yelled at him for about two hours and called him creepy for calling my friend who he didn't know and without telling me.

_slavo_ 07.01.2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
yikes, i remembered my dream from last night. weird.
i was with a boy i know 20 yrs now and we were hanging around in a dungeon lookalike club or smth. we were disgussing to become boyfriend and girlfriend and damn the dream took a turn. he said, he was sick. his face was pale and he showed me his spine, which was starting to change. the bones were sticking out, like small balls and it was white.
(i hope he is ok!)

I had the weidest dream tongiht.
I dramed that my mom (passed away for two years now) has knocked on my door and told me she never really died, she was just hiding in the woods to take a break from people for a while.

HECKLER SPRAY 07.01.2008 08:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEXCy...eature=related

Everyneurotic 07.01.2008 12:00 PM

i just pulled a completely white hair out of my nose.

terriblecanyons 07.01.2008 12:04 PM

I just made a white chocolate cherry pie.

Rob Instigator 07.01.2008 12:05 PM

I liked that AT the drive in did that (hanging the flags of their respective countries)
it is not that in the USA there is excessive racism against hispanics, it is that most people, due to igorance, think any and all hispanics are "Mexican"

which is offeensive to anyone not from mexico, not because mexico does not rule, bu8t because it shows a deep ignorance of the USA;s neighbors to the south and in the caribbean.

I had a 4th grade teacher ask me to get up in front of the clas and show the students where in mexico Puerto Rico was located.

fucking ignorant bitch.

schizophrenicroom 07.01.2008 12:07 PM

http://www.fldsdress.com/

hell YEAH.

Rob Instigator 07.01.2008 12:08 PM

especially considering Puerto Rico has existed as an entity/nation/colony/commonwealth for longer than most any other "nation" in the western hemisphere, not counting the native american (north and south) nations

It's been there for fucking over 500 years goddamnit! Columbus stepped on it on his second voyage!

floatingslowly 07.01.2008 12:53 PM

lol @ public photobuckets

floatingslowly 07.01.2008 12:54 PM

ZOMG LAZ0R_CHICKENS

█████████ 07.01.2008 12:58 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to floatingslowly again.

Sonic Youth 37 07.01.2008 08:45 PM

I can't taste a damn thing. :(

Everyneurotic 07.01.2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I had a 4th grade teacher ask me to get up in front of the clas and show the students where in mexico Puerto Rico was located.

fucking ignorant bitch.

that's sad and hilarious at the same time.

Cantankerous 07.01.2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
lol @ public photobuckets

for real.

although i'm sure !@£$!% would tap that in 0.01 seconds.

Cantankerous 07.01.2008 11:27 PM

l. o. fucking. l.

nice wallpaper and vertical blinds.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.02.2008 12:56 AM

Am I the only one who loathes those in seek of intellect, yet hate the uneducated, but refuse to offer a helping hand to even an extremely small portion of others in seek of education (social and formal)?