Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

MellySingsDoom 08.24.2008 01:20 PM

SYRFox - oops! Will add you to my follows in a moment! :)

demonrail666 08.24.2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
I hope to see something from you soon, looking forward to some mellynoise

"I need time to be that great again. You must be patient!"

al shabbray 08.24.2008 01:26 PM

melly you got a shitload of comments from me :)

MellySingsDoom 08.24.2008 01:26 PM

Cheers man! I'll check out more of your stuff now (have finished uploading) :)

al shabbray 08.24.2008 01:27 PM

have fun, be honest :)

SYRFox 08.24.2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

I def take that as a compliment! i wanted to create some shoegaze-beat-driven shit out of it, thats what came to my mind when I heard the LoCo track drone the first time.

Yeah it definitively has a shoegaze feeling, I wanted to say that in a comment actually

al shabbray 08.24.2008 04:33 PM

shoegaze all the way :)
I really wanna listen to the mogwai remix album, wanted to ask you bout liks, the last time you mentioned it.
anything there? that I can check it before buying

SYRFox 08.24.2008 04:58 PM

Uh I don't know, I have it as a CD, so UH UH UH... It's really great anyway, seeing your tastes I'm 100% sure you would totally like it

al shabbray 08.24.2008 05:02 PM

that would be great if you would do that.
i wanna spend some money on some good records at the beginning of september. so the list is long but one more or less, I dont care :)

SYRFox 08.24.2008 05:42 PM

No problem - I'll do it tomorrow though, cause I won't have the time tonight (I'm listening to Genghis Tron's last album right now, then I'm going to sleep as I have to wake up early tomorrow to go to the dentist)

al shabbray 08.24.2008 05:50 PM

yeah, no stress for sure. btw hope its nothing serious why you are going to the dentist...

SYRFox 08.24.2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

yeah, no stress for sure. btw hope its nothing serious why you are going to the dentist...

Ahah, not now. Actually, 3/4 of one of my tooth fell a few months ago, so I had to "devitalize" it - it was the worst pain I ever felt, ever, even when I fell on a marble stair and could have broke my head it wasn't so painful -, but now it's done, the dentist actually put some kinds of iron stems in it without anesthesia last time and I felt absolutely no pain.
I'm going yesterday for a tooth decay though

acousticrock87 08.24.2008 05:59 PM

Argh! Tooth pain is terrible. No more stories.

SYRFox 08.24.2008 06:00 PM

Oh btw, do you UHUHUH the last genghis tron as well? I own it on CD too. It's really a good one - well it's hardcore / grindcore with screams ala Converge everywhere, but with electronic elements (drum machine, loads of synths), and a lot of different influences, it's really great.

al shabbray 08.24.2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
Ahah, not now. Actually, 3/4 of one of my tooth fell a few months ago, so I had to "devitalize" it - it was the worst pain I ever felt, ever, even when I fell on a marble stair and could have broke my head it wasn't so painful -, but now it's done, the dentist actually put some kinds of iron stems in it without anesthesia last time and I felt absolutely no pain.
I'm going yesterday for a tooth decay though

I know that. one year ago I was a whole weekend in total pain because of that. but there was one thing that lowers the pain even if nothing else helps. vodka, not drinkin! just put it in your mouth and keep it in there, try to flush it around the hurting tooth. it just works for some minutes, and then you have to do it again, but these minutes can be haeven when it comes to toothache

SYRFox 08.24.2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

I know that. one year ago I was a whole weekend in total pain because of that. but there was one thing that lowers the pain even if nothing else helps. vodka, not drinkin! just put it in your mouth and keep it in there, try to flush it around the hurting tooth. it just works for some minutes, and then you have to do it again, but these minutes can be haeven when it comes to toothache

Ha! But I couldn't do it as the meds I had had me stay away from alcohol - actually I never drink alcohol at all - okay I drank champagne two months ago, but that's all for it :D
The pain is gone now though - happily it has gone before I went to the Les nuits secrètes festival a few weeks ago, because the pain was so intense that I had "ear aches" as well, I could not see myself going to 7 hours of concert with that

SYRFox 08.24.2008 06:05 PM

Btw I wonder how you had got the idea of puttin' vodka in your mouth :rolleyes:

al shabbray 08.24.2008 06:07 PM

it was an advise from a actual doctor. but like I said you dont have to swallow it. but the alcohol in it lowers the pain, pretty fast. and it looks badass when you are walking through the city to your dentist with a vodka bottle in your hand at 11 am!!!

SYRFox 08.24.2008 06:09 PM

Ahahahah :D

al shabbray 08.24.2008 06:16 PM

btw your signature cat is the bomb!
I wonder what she is seeing at the end