Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

noisereductions 09.19.2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH So excited. Finally got SF3.3S to work on my Ps3.(Sorry NoizeRedux, it's not the PSN version). and I also finally got SSF4AE. yesterday I was actually doin' good against my rival(My cousin).

Just that....Vega...he is the death of me.

it's cool. I never bought the PSN version since I have it on the PS2 disc already. I didn't get AE either, just stuck with SSF4.

EVOLghost 09.19.2011 07:38 PM

played a little sf3. gonna play some Valkryia Chronicles when I get home frmo work. I gotta finish it still....and I have no idea where I left off.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.19.2011 08:01 PM

^ Wow! Valkyria Chronicles looks neat! JUST ANOTHER outstanding reason for me to try and nab a PS3 this holiday season!

Anywho...

I played some more CT this morning, followed by a brief round of Shock Troopers off my SNK Arcade Classics vol 1 (Wii) disc.

Later on, after running some errands, I decided to start a game in Devil May Cry. I'm new to the series, and I've gotta say...

... GEE WHIZ!! THIS IS FUN!!!!

The controls felt a bit wonky at first, especially with the dramatic camera angles, but once I started to get the hang of things, the game really started cookin'!

The combat is fast-paced, fun, smooth, and rewarding! I can already tell that it won't take long before this game becomes harder than all hell.

I also really like this game's use of the rumble feature during cut-scenes so far.

Very cool game; it's nice to finally see what all the hype is about.

noisereductions 09.19.2011 08:04 PM

yeah Valkyria Chronicles is one I keep meaning to get around to. I have too many unplayed games right now though.

EVOLghost 09.20.2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
^ Wow! Valkyria Chronicles looks neat! JUST ANOTHER outstanding reason for me to try and nab a PS3 this holiday season!

Anywho...

I played some more CT this morning, followed by a brief round of Shock Troopers off my SNK Arcade Classics vol 1 (Wii) disc.

Later on, after running some errands, I decided to start a game in Devil May Cry. I'm new to the series, and I've gotta say...

... GEE WHIZ!! THIS IS FUN!!!!

The controls felt a bit wonky at first, especially with the dramatic camera angles, but once I started to get the hang of things, the game really started cookin'!

The combat is fast-paced, fun, smooth, and rewarding! I can already tell that it won't take long before this game becomes harder than all hell.

I also really like this game's use of the rumble feature during cut-scenes so far.

Very cool game; it's nice to finally see what all the hype is about.

Valk Chronic is cool.

And DMC1 rocks. The first boss Lave Spider...maaaan...it took me a while to beat him. I actually had (rage)quit the game. But I later finally got around to beating it. I also had 2. Made no sense, but gameplay was just as fun and you even got to play as a chick! Never played 3, but I want to. I hear it's the best one. Had 4 too. It was....you know....Devil May Cry..Don't remember much about it though, it was my first ps3 game.

noisereductions 09.20.2011 07:09 AM

^that's awesome.

Count Mecha 09.20.2011 01:30 PM

Man, I love ScummVM. Kind of neat that it comes with Beneath a Steel Sky and Lure of the Temptress on it. Sky is great, never played Temptress. Feels kind of odd cause you can get both of those anywhere anyway and don't need ScummVM.

noisereductions 09.20.2011 02:09 PM

yeah SCUMMVM rules. It's on EVERYTHING, too which is great.

vulva 09.20.2011 03:45 PM

radiant silvergun, kof2k2um, ssf4ae, yakuza 4 and shadows of the damned~

EVOLghost 09.20.2011 08:56 PM

SF4 seems a hell of a lot easier after playing a shit ton of SFA3.

vulva 09.21.2011 07:51 AM

inputs for sf4 were really simplified, which is a good and bad thing. It is neat, though, since it allows for so many option selects.

Also SF cross Tekken is so outrageously fun.

EVOLghost 09.21.2011 08:31 AM

^ j00 played it?

It looks amazing. I seriously can't wait for it.

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 09.21.2011 08:32 AM

flipside - miner threat

vulva 09.21.2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
^ j00 played it?

It looks amazing. I seriously can't wait for it.

from evo this year~

EVOLghost 09.21.2011 09:28 AM

Ahhh you went to EVO? Shit dood. Was it expensive? Oh and did you compete?

vulva 09.21.2011 09:36 AM

EVO wasn't too costly, I went last year too. I have a friend who works for choice hotels in the states so I was paying 10 bucks a night for the hotel. Total entry fees were 80 bucks (70 registration and 10 for ssf4ae). That said, I didn't get to compete. I was driving up from LA and our car broke down on the way there, so I missed my pool. Still had a blast, though.

Also while there I met my favourite tgirl~

EVOLghost 09.21.2011 09:37 AM

Is that Kayo Police? lol....

dood....but taht sounds awesome. I would've loved to just be there. That looks so much fun. And it was pretty exciting this year too!

yr 09.21.2011 09:41 AM

Goddamn Lavos just made me his bitch

vulva 09.21.2011 09:41 AM

Yeah that's Kayo. Man, she's so fucking nice.

EVO was so much fun this year, and Japan reminded us why the US is the land of the free ;o

yr 09.21.2011 09:42 AM

or it im not sure if Lavos has a gender