Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

MellySingsDoom 06.11.2009 03:21 PM

Yeah, it's OK - not the best thing in the world, but certainly worth it for the many action and battle scenes.

al shabbray 06.11.2009 03:25 PM

yes, the big screen to pump up the action, thats what I wanted to hear :)
how is christian bale in there?
I tend to like him pretty much as an actor (not because of batman, hahaha)

nicfit 06.11.2009 03:26 PM

uuuuuh just got the 100x75 prints of those "faces" i posted in that other artsy thread! ubercool
hi MELLY!!!

al shabbray 06.11.2009 03:27 PM

aaaaah damn. how much would you charge for a copy of one of these? I would really like to have one framed in my appartment...

MellySingsDoom 06.11.2009 03:39 PM

al shabb - Christian Bale is actually rather low-key in this - I can't say much more, as it'll spoil the film for you otherwise.
nicfit - Hi there!!!

al shabbray 06.11.2009 03:40 PM

okay, I understad.
maybe I will watch it the next days in my local cinema.
but unfortunately I am hooked by 80ies action films at the moment

btw...
I uploaded a new track on my myspace player called "how precious you are".
I mixed it pretty "far away". I was wondering if it sounds good or not. its supposed to be roomy but not too roomy, every opinion bout that would be appreciated!
http://www.myspace.com/catsleeph

nicfit 06.11.2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
aaaaah damn. how much would you charge for a copy of one of these? I would really like to have one framed in my appartment...

A signed copy would be around 250 euros :D

ha ha kiddin'...I have no idea...how's someone supposed to set the price for things like those??:confused::confused::eek:

nicfit 06.11.2009 04:00 PM

I like the song al!
Perhaps I'd add a monotone low-ish saturated sound in the background for the whole duration, like an octave lower than the 3rd note of the chords progression. There's some "noise" going on with a similar filling effect, but still..

I don't like much the "piano" at 2:45, though, seems to try a bit too hard to be "not correct/melodic", I can't express this better....

sounds "spacious and spacey", but not exxxaggerated imo.
like.

_slavo_ 06.12.2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

how far away is prague for you? always wanted to visit that city...

3 hours by car on the highway.
Around 400 kms.

SYRFox 06.12.2009 01:21 AM

hi everyone. have a good day :)

_slavo_ 06.12.2009 01:28 AM

bonjour fox :)

MellySingsDoom 06.12.2009 04:22 AM

Good morning everybody :)

al - I like you new tune, it reminds me of driving around at night on deserted streets - a nice and nocturnal feel. I like the xylophone-like percussive melody that runs through the tune as well.

ZEROpumpkins 06.12.2009 04:26 AM

Does the word "fuckmuppet" and Rob's blog have anything to do with each other?

verme (prevaricator) 06.12.2009 07:27 AM

playtime is over this weekend.
four fucking busy weeks ahead.
wish me luck, i need to pull this off.

_slavo_ 06.12.2009 07:51 AM

what's that you do, jico?

_slavo_ 06.12.2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

btw...
I uploaded a new track on my myspace player called "how precious you are".
I mixed it pretty "far away". I was wondering if it sounds good or not. its supposed to be roomy but not too roomy, every opinion bout that would be appreciated!
http://www.myspace.com/catsleeph

I love that tune, al tonno.
Very unsettling, very hypnotic and all that.
I'm curious, what sound sources did you use to lay the tracks down onto your 8track?

al shabbray 06.12.2009 10:55 AM

first of all, thanks to everybody for listening and tell me your opinions about it, highly appreciated.

@slavo:
simple answer, the whole track is out of the same synth, its a no name minimoog replica, just smaller :), run through a bunch of my lil noisemakers to differ the result.
the drums are recorded ages ago when I get nearby to a drumkit in a bands space around town. I chopped them and then played them into the 8 track and looped parts of it.
I never use foreign samples. it should be done all by myself. its no ideology, just a thing I did from the start

_slavo_ 06.12.2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

I never use foreign samples. it should be done all by myself. its no ideology, just a thing I did from the start

me neither. I once used Vietnamese samples and they've gone all moldy after a couple of days.

al shabbray 06.12.2009 12:04 PM

hahahah
exactly thats what Ive ment :)

al shabbray 06.18.2009 04:10 AM

fuck dammit, I fried the HD of my 8track. that sucks big times, a lot of unfinished sounds/tracks are gone up in smoke.
I cant tell how much it sucks...
another time to recall how important backups are, when it comes to digital media