Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

acousticrock87 07.11.2008 03:20 AM

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

terriblecanyons 07.11.2008 03:33 AM

I think one of my wisdom teeth is coming in cause GOD DOES IT HURT LIKE A BITCH. I just rubbed a shitload of orajel on it but it did basically nothing. Oh my god I think I'll go crazy if I don't get anything done about this. Thankfully I HAVE NO DENTAL INSURANCE!!!! SWEET

Cantankerous 07.11.2008 04:20 AM

uhhhhhhhh now i feel as though i'm going to vomit

nicfit 07.11.2008 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
heh

i rly hope my kid turns out looking like this ("baby" option)

+

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
uhhhhhhhh now i feel as though i'm going to vomit

=

:eek:

Cantankerous 07.11.2008 04:33 AM

no no no

bad timing on that one

there's nothing in my uterus that wouldn't usually be there

i just drank a bit too much

acousticrock87 07.11.2008 04:38 AM

More alcohol. You'll feel like a million bucks.

terriblecanyons 07.11.2008 06:32 AM

Whoa, gruesome.

MellySingsDoom 07.11.2008 07:34 AM

Hearing animal suffering stories always makes me sad - hope your dog is doing OK, Bytor.

ALIEN ANAL 07.11.2008 07:50 AM

i want to make a thread on

"your thread success rate"
and we examine the success of certain threads and who out of all your threads combined has the most successful. i think it could be interesting but i dont know how to launch it

terriblecanyons 07.11.2008 08:55 AM

gosh i liove vicoidn i fell sospecial

ALIEN ANAL 07.11.2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Called the vet this morning and he said our dog made the night just fine. Her next hurdle will be when they take her outside to walk around. We are to call back at 12 noon to see how things are progressing then. More updates then......

Do cats make the day?

HECKLER SPRAY 07.11.2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
gosh i liove vicoidn i fell sospecial

I hope you're kiddin'...

terriblecanyons 07.11.2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY
I hope you're kiddin'...

i'm not myfrind mywistdom tooth doesnt hrut anyoore!

ALIEN ANAL 07.11.2008 09:08 AM

why would they be kidding

MellySingsDoom 07.11.2008 09:13 AM

Bytor - sounds encouraging. Hope all goes well for your pet tomorrow.

HECKLER SPRAY 07.11.2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

i'm not myfrind mywistdom tooth doesnt hrut anyoore!

Yeah, good for you.
Maybe you should go to the dentist, no ? It would be better.

terriblecanyons 07.11.2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY
Yeah, good for you.
Maybe you should go to the dentist, no ? It would be better.

I dont have insurhance and im broke :(

ithinkimissyou 07.11.2008 09:26 AM

I'm sitting in my back garden having a cigarette or twenty

greedrex 07.11.2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Today is my youngest daughters birthday. She is turning six. We are having her party on Sunday evening. Yesterday morning, I spent a couple of hours weed-eating around the yard. Didn't get to finish as some big thunderstorms rolled in. A couple of hours pass and the sun is back out. There is all this grass on the driveway and sidewalk that needs to swept off. I decide to move my truck from the driveway to the front yard (moving it maybe 10 feet). I do and as I'm getting out, I hear this loud yelping and I look down to see our 11 year old dachshund underneath the back tire of my truck. Actually, the dog is in some sort of a roll / twist and her skin is actually pulling away from her body. She breaks free and starts running toward the house.

My five year old daughter was on the driveway and sees the entire thing. Both of her hands are up on the sides of her face and she is screaming, "no no no." I go and get her and we walk to the back door and the dog is just sitting there. We can look down and see all this bloody skin and raw looking meat stuff. I walk my daughter inside as I don't want her to see much more of this gruesome scene. She asks me is Calli is going to die. Without hesitation, I tell her it looked very bad and there is a good chance she might. I give her a big hug and tell her to stay inside as I go out and check the dog. I go outside and can't find the dog anywhere. Before going outside, I called my wife to let her know what was going on. She was at the grocery store and was home in a few minutes. She is upset and our daughter is upset. After much searching, we find the dog in our garage. She was hiding up under some stuff we had stored in there.

We wrap her in a towel and my wife just sits on the front porch rocking the little dog (only weights 7 pounds). My wife finally takes a look and all she can see is stomach and ribs as the scar was 10 to 11" long. My wife's parents show up to stay with our daughter and we take the dog to the vet. The vet is amazed at such a large scar and the fact that the dog appeared to be doing wonderful. Our dog never stopped wagging it's tail. The vet pointed out that the dog couldn't wag it's tail if it's back was broken. The vet felt all around and couldn't feel anything out of place. As he mashed and squeezed around, the dog never once cried out or anything as if she was in pain.

The vet said they would need to irrigate all around the wound due to there being so much grass in there. They would then sew her up and keep her on an IV and pain meds. Said she will be very sore for several days and as long as there is no infection, she should be good to go. The vet called about 9:00 pm last night and said the made the surgery just fine. Said the next 12 - 24 hours would tell the story as such a traumatic injury to such a small dog is sometimes hard to overcome. The vet opens at 7:30 this morning, so we will call and see how she made the night. There is even a good chance we could bring her home before the vet closes this afternoon (by that time, he would have had her for 24 hours). That sure would be a nice birthday present for my six year old girl.

that is truly horrible. Shit happens, that's really stupid.
Hope the dog gets better. I love dogs.

HECKLER SPRAY 07.11.2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

I dont have insurhance and im broke :(

Oh, sorry to hear that, sweetie, that sucks !! :( Is it that expansive to go to the dentist in Florida ? I don't realize...