Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

SuperCreep 06.15.2009 06:44 PM

vinyl:

The Eternal (I'll spare you of seeing the image a thousand times)

Shifty Prophet 06.15.2009 07:06 PM

I just got this on vinyl. He really stepped up his game on the packaging end of things, 2 LP with nice sleeves and artwork.

noisereductions 06.15.2009 07:56 PM

^Excellent album.

The Earl Of Slander 06.16.2009 04:20 AM

^^ Yeah, it's fanastic. I was really really tempted by that vinyl. It's delcious. But just couldn't quite bring myself to re-buy it on vinyl when I got in on CD like 2 months ago, and don't even have all his other studio albums yet...

Death & the Maiden 06.16.2009 04:27 AM

Sonic Youth - The Eternal

sonic sphere 06.16.2009 04:39 AM

Silver_Rocket 06.16.2009 10:51 AM

last album i bought was the very best of cream

last album i downloaded was aphex twin - ...i care because you do

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 06.17.2009 12:58 PM

Vinyl things

The Black heart Procession - The Spell
Blue Merle - Burning in the Sun
Mars black - folks music
Beck - gamma ray 7"

all for under five dollars.

Florya 06.17.2009 02:29 PM

Just snagged a test pressing of Loop's first single 'Sixteen Dreams'

Woo hoo!

blunderbuss 06.17.2009 02:55 PM

^
Nice!

Mine:

LI JIANHONG-Lovers with Cloisonné Bracelet

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 06.17.2009 07:45 PM

all vinyl of course:

Jimi Hendrix Experience- Are You Experienced? 5 dollars
DEVO live: 4 dollars
Thee Speaking Canaries- Songs for the Extra Terrestrially Challenged double LP: 9 dollars
Lou Reed- Transformer : 1 dollar
David Bowie- Diamond Dogs: 1 dollar (already have a copy, but might as well have an extra, for a buck, why not?)
Sonic Youth The Eternal and Live at Battery Park: 35 dollars

Silver_Rocket 06.18.2009 05:33 AM

ohhh nice transformer is one of my all time favourite albums! :)

Trasher02 06.18.2009 11:12 AM

I got the eternal today.
kewl

Shifty Prophet 06.18.2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
all vinyl of course:

Jimi Hendrix Experience- Are You Experienced? 5 dollars
DEVO live: 4 dollars
Thee Speaking Canaries- Songs for the Extra Terrestrially Challenged double LP: 9 dollars
Lou Reed- Transformer : 1 dollar
David Bowie- Diamond Dogs: 1 dollar (already have a copy, but might as well have an extra, for a buck, why not?)
Sonic Youth The Eternal and Live at Battery Park: 35 dollars

Where in pittsburg to you find records like that for a dollar, besides a yard sale?

viewtiful_alan 06.18.2009 06:25 PM

Both used at this games and more store:

The Earl Of Slander 06.19.2009 11:44 AM

I finished my exams tday, and celebrated by going on a little record buying spree. I finally picked up my BEGN The Etnernal + Live in Battery Park, plus:

CD:

MF Doom and Danger Mouse - Dangerdoom

Vinyl:

MF Doom - Mm... Food (2LP)

Monks - Black Monk Time (2LP reissue. Quite a bit overpriced, but screw it, it's a celebration and it's really fucking deluxe)

Meaning I now have every major Doom release except Mr. Hood and Venomous Villain...

Death & the Maiden 06.19.2009 10:12 PM

Iggy and the Stooges - Raw Power
The Boys Next Door - Door, Door
Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky

Silver_Rocket 06.20.2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
I finished my exams tday, and celebrated by going on a little record buying spree. I finally picked up my BEGN The Etnernal + Live in Battery Park, plus:

CD:

MF Doom and Danger Mouse - Dangerdoom

Vinyl:

MF Doom - Mm... Food (2LP)

Monks - Black Monk Time (2LP reissue. Quite a bit overpriced, but screw it, it's a celebration and it's really fucking deluxe)

Meaning I now have every major Doom release except Mr. Hood and Venomous Villain...

nice i have dangerdoom and mm food, mm food on cd is cool, its comes in a wrapper and the wrapper smells like chocolate and its got a dvd, poster and vinyl sticker, unfortunately its kinda lost the chocolate scent now after a good few months

noisereductions 06.20.2009 08:15 AM

That's the MM.. Food reissue by the way. Original had no wrapper or DVD. From what I understand, there's a few samples removed from the re-issue, but don't quote me. The OG album went OOP due to uncleared samples.

Shifty Prophet 06.20.2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
That's the MM.. Food reissue by the way. Original had no wrapper or DVD. From what I understand, there's a few samples removed from the re-issue, but don't quote me. The OG album went OOP due to uncleared samples.

If the sampling discrep is true then I don't think the samples would be anything major to the track, perhaps some quick breaks etc... I had the first mm food, sold it on ebay because all these people were paying 35$ for a copy on wax and I needed the money.

I bought the re-issue w/dvd,wrapper,poster and all and I can't remember a difference between the two.