Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Rob Instigator 07.15.2008 04:48 PM

I have seen thos e swimsuits for religious girls!

Sonic Youth 37 07.15.2008 05:15 PM

Those horrible dreams in great sleep suck. I'd much rather have a pleasant dream in a 15-minute nap.

schizophrenicroom 07.15.2008 07:52 PM

yeah, i'd rather have a little short sleep and not dream of falling off cliffs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead

here in provo, there's a billboard for sistermissionary mall or something like that- "modern AND modest"! there's also a quite cute boutique, very modest, with no skirt for sale above the knee. it's odd because the store is right next to some skanky forever 21 ripoff.

!@#$%! 07.15.2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
yeah, i'd rather have a little short sleep and not dream of falling off cliffs.

you could fall off the cliff & then decide to grow wings!

Sonic Youth 37 07.15.2008 10:21 PM

Trying to grow wings never works. :(

what sucks is tripping in a dream and trying to catch yourself, thereby thrashing in bed, waking yourself up.

Johnny "Magic Fingers" 07.15.2008 10:59 PM

Wow - some kinda synchronicity...

I'm just getting over a cold, and last night was the first night since the start of the weekend I actually got a decent night's sleep (10hrs worth).

And I always have weird dreams when this happens. Last night wasn't so much a 'bad' dream. It was the opposite where I had a really 'good' dream.

As always, these things are somewhat all mixed up. But I remember being perfectly content in this dream. I was living in a really nice house (which I recognised as a house I'd been in before in real life) with a girl (who I recognised as a friend of an ex-girlfriend) and I was playing a piano (better than I can in real life) and just feeling happy. We were like living the perfect life...

When I woke up, I was back in my own shitty bedroom and I felt really empty like something has been taken away from me...

And oh yeah - there was some foot sniffing going on in my dream. I was sniffing her feet. It was at that point I woke up..

What's my subconscious tryin' to tell me? I got enough fetishes. Ain't no more room for anymore....

Cantankerous 07.16.2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom

here in provo, there's a billboard for sistermissionary mall or something like that- "modern AND modest"! there's also a quite cute boutique, very modest, with no skirt for sale above the knee. it's odd because the store is right next to some skanky forever 21 ripoff.

aaaaah i love forever 21
and wet seal

i get like all my underwear there

in the spirit of irrelevance
i need to pee

MellySingsDoom 07.16.2008 12:49 AM

Does anyone want to go into work for me today? I'll reward you handsomely, of course.

Mostly Harmless 07.16.2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny "Magic Fingers"
Wow - some kinda synchronicity...

I'm just getting over a cold, and last night was the first night since the start of the weekend I actually got a decent night's sleep (10hrs worth).

And I always have weird dreams when this happens. Last night wasn't so much a 'bad' dream. It was the opposite where I had a really 'good' dream.

As always, these things are somewhat all mixed up. But I remember being perfectly content in this dream. I was living in a really nice house (which I recognised as a house I'd been in before in real life) with a girl (who I recognised as a friend of an ex-girlfriend) and I was playing a piano (better than I can in real life) and just feeling happy. We were like living the perfect life...

When I woke up, I was back in my own shitty bedroom and I felt really empty like something has been taken away from me...

And oh yeah - there was some foot sniffing going on in my dream. I was sniffing her feet. It was at that point I woke up..

What's my subconscious tryin' to tell me? I got enough fetishes. Ain't no more room for anymore....

Fuck, I had a dream just like that. Except more Greece and less feet.
My boarding school had planned a three-week trip to Greece, and for months all I could hear about was how fucking badass it was going to be. I felt so left out
and so in my dream, ofcourse, I had all the money to go and I wasn't too young and etc. I was so elated
And I woke up, realizing that it was all just a dream and I was going to spend the next four weeks in a near-empty boarding school while my friends were partying it up in Europe. I've never felt more fucked over in my life.
Well I probably have, but that's in the top ten moments.

Cantankerous 07.16.2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Does anyone want to go into work for me today? I'll reward you handsomely, of course.

like how?

is being the royalty guy very hard? i bet you get bitched out a lot.

Cantankerous 07.16.2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
aaaaah i love forever 21
and wet seal

i get like all my underwear there

in the spirit of irrelevance
i need to pee

case in point: holy fuck, rainbow AND sparkles

http://www.wetseal.com/catalog/produ...du ctId=10428

MellySingsDoom 07.16.2008 12:56 AM

Reward? A night out with me of course - actually, that's more of a punishment than reward, heh heh heh (it would've been me paying for the lucky volunteer to go to Balans, a very very nice gay restaurant in Soho).

Work's a drag at the moment, because we're trying to do too many things at once - paying out money that we've collected from other countries, sorting out pay record companies for their videos being used in the UK, and a separate bunch of payments for videos being used on MTV around Europe. All this is meant to be complete by the end of this week. No pressure, then!

When I worked on the record company Helpdesk, I used to have to deal with moaning twats on a daily basis, so I got bitched out plenty there.

Cantankerous 07.16.2008 12:58 AM

i would probably be horrible at your job, i have no patience. especially for whiny bitches.

MellySingsDoom 07.16.2008 01:03 AM

I can see what you mean if you had to answer the phones all day (like I used to do). These days, I'm pretty much off the phones, so at least I don't get hassle that way. But, yeah, there's still a lot of pressure to get stuff sorted out by yesterday. That aside, it is still a great job - the people I work with are lovely, I get to work in Soho, and the money's not too bad.

So, you fancy flying over to London for a free meal? ;)

_slavo_ 07.16.2008 02:10 AM

HECKLER SPRAY 07.16.2008 09:42 AM

HECKLER SPRAY 07.16.2008 09:43 AM

HECKLER SPRAY 07.16.2008 09:43 AM

Cantankerous 07.16.2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
I can see what you mean if you had to answer the phones all day (like I used to do). These days, I'm pretty much off the phones, so at least I don't get hassle that way. But, yeah, there's still a lot of pressure to get stuff sorted out by yesterday. That aside, it is still a great job - the people I work with are lovely, I get to work in Soho, and the money's not too bad.

So, you fancy flying over to London for a free meal? ;)

do you have to answer the phones all formally or can you just be like "hello?"

that would be a real problem for me

HECKLER SPRAY 07.16.2008 09:48 AM