Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mix Tapes (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4287)

HaydenAsche 08.17.2006 03:45 PM

I have a feeling no one is going to enjoy mine. I don't give a shit either way really. Just judging on the music picked so far it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe if Ben-David or Everyneurotic get it.

Glice 08.17.2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Well, I've recieved my tape today. The maker of this tape is Glice. It looks as though I got my wish. And there are several reasons it would appear this tape was custom made for me. Review pending.

And Pookie, it seems as though you had the wrong address for me, which may have contributed to the delay. It was off by one number. I'll PM you later with the correct address.

Huzzah! I'm quite glad that you got my tape, judging by your mix... I even managed to psychically guess some kind of Eastern-European preference. I am not afeared if you hate some of the tunes. I would say you're wrong, but I don't mind if you hate parts of it.

Пятхъдесят Шест 08.17.2006 06:00 PM

Afear not Glice, afear not. (er..?)

I have no idea what would make you think I have an taste for Eastern European music/culture/trash. None, tell me how you made this assumption?!

I love your tape. The songs flow together seamlessly, and some with seams. I'm not sure how others would have taken some of the tracks though, so you lucked out with me. The throat singing that starts off 'CODA' is intense. Is it Mongolian?

I'll have a longer review later, but you can make one mean mix tape.

The Laura Cantrell song made me miss the bees too.

finding nobody 08.17.2006 06:06 PM

i didnt really give mine a name.. i just put "joel's mix" on it
which is rubbish and i regret doing. but, i liked the artwork i did

Пятхъдесят Шест 08.17.2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I have a feeling no one is going to enjoy mine. I don't give a shit either way really. Just judging on the music picked so far it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe if Ben-David or Everyneurotic get it.

But this is part of the fun, going to down musical paths you would otherwise not take. If you don't like the tape you get, "tough shit".

Poor sonicl has lost his hearing due to my tape. Damn shame.

HaydenAsche 08.17.2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

But this is part of the fun, going to down musical paths you would otherwise not take. If you don't like the tape you get, "tough shit".

Poor sonicl has lost his hearing due to my tape. Damn shame.

True. I made two completely opposite sides. One is just fucking noise. The other is much calmer and filled with folk and shit.

Пятхъдесят Шест 08.17.2006 09:17 PM

Which noise artists?

I should mention, Glices marvelous mix tape featured an Avril Lavigne song.

HaydenAsche 08.17.2006 09:18 PM

Haha. I won't say them all but there is some Yellow Swans and inevitably some Scissor Shock. Mostly just american noise.

Glice 08.18.2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Afear not Glice, afear not. (er..?)

I have no idea what would make you think I have an taste for Eastern European music/culture/trash. None, tell me how you made this assumption?!

I love your tape. The songs flow together seamlessly, and some with seams. I'm not sure how others would have taken some of the tracks though, so you lucked out with me. The throat singing that starts off 'CODA' is intense. Is it Mongolian?

I'll have a longer review later, but you can make one mean mix tape.

The Laura Cantrell song made me miss the bees too.

Ah, my dear, dear Laura. I love her. She's the only musician to make me cry publically. Not in any malicious way, I should add, she just was playing some very heart-wrenching stuff.

Throat singing is Huun-Huur Tu, Tuvan, outer-Mongolia. There is a somewhat obscure track-listing on the (ahem) 'artwork', but if you're not looking at it and trying to guess, then hey! have a good time. Glad you liked it.

Everyneurotic 08.18.2006 04:12 PM

i have to say that i enjoy this thread a lot, the reviews and conversations people have from the mixtapes they get.

porkmarras 08.19.2006 06:57 AM

Spookie who did you send mine to?Danny?

Pookie 08.19.2006 07:00 AM

I don't remember. I've got a list at home.

I don't think it was him because you got his didn't you?

porkmarras 08.19.2006 07:01 AM

Yeah i did get his.

Pookie 08.19.2006 07:03 AM

Possibly finding nobody. Has he said anything about getting a tape yet?

I'll check when I'm home tomorrow to see who's tape's still outstanding.

porkmarras 08.19.2006 07:07 AM

Do you think that he might have listened to it and decided to put an end to his life?He hasn't been online for a few days,i think.Worrying................

Pookie 08.19.2006 07:25 AM

Probably has to take time out to rethink his whole attitude towards music.

finding nobody 08.19.2006 08:49 AM

I havent gotten a tape yet. It could come in today, bit it's only 8:45 in the morning i dont think the mail has ran yet

Pookie 08.19.2006 10:50 AM

That's a worry. It's been 11 days now, which seems a bit long. I hope you get it soon.

finding nobody 08.19.2006 10:58 AM

I'll be sure to check today.
nice avatar

finding nobody 08.19.2006 12:32 PM

Oh! It came in. Just got it.
The tape was made by non other then Porky The Pig. I'm about to push the play button