Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Rob Instigator 07.24.2008 03:42 PM

This was posted on Roger Ebert's website

I received this message on the blog, but it obviously fits no known topic. The author is something of a mystery: "R. Crutch," no city, no e-mail. But I felt it necessary to share with you. RE

From R. Crutch:

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them breaks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one

HECKLER SPRAY 07.24.2008 05:06 PM

This thread needs some random pics :

(I want this fridge !!!)

HECKLER SPRAY 07.24.2008 05:08 PM

HECKLER SPRAY 07.24.2008 05:14 PM

Firefox is sexy.

atsonicpark 07.24.2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY

I posted that pic a few months ago.

www.kittyhell.com

atsonicpark 07.24.2008 05:17 PM

didn't realize that chick was wearing a firefox shirt though!

rep.

HECKLER SPRAY 07.24.2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I posted that pic a few months ago.

www.kittyhell.com

Oups, sorry !!!

floatingslowly 07.24.2008 05:51 PM

ACTUAL PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE OF FABLED DUCKBEAVER:::

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

what an amazingly creepy website!

I like it.

ps: new sig!

EMMAh 07.24.2008 06:42 PM

I got a nose ring today but can't for the life of me get the fucking ball on.

Frustration overload.

Sonic Youth 37 07.24.2008 09:38 PM

I'm trying to fit as many shows into my semester as possible, right now it's standing at 6 or more. Oh, and can someone magic me a 9V 500mA adapter out of thin air? Thanks.

schizophrenicroom 07.24.2008 09:54 PM

shows as in music or tv?

i need to go to sleep tonight.

Sonic Youth 37 07.24.2008 09:54 PM

Music. 6 is the base number, it should be quite a few more as more get announced. Television shows are a spur of the moment thing, not requiring planning.

schizophrenicroom 07.24.2008 10:01 PM

depending on where i am soon, i could have anywhere from 8 or 9 to 4954954939.

Sonic Youth 37 07.24.2008 10:04 PM

Last fall I went to a whopping 2, so I'm hoping to do better this year. 4 of the 6 are in a two-week span, so hopefully I can get at least one every week or two other than that.

Mostly Harmless 07.25.2008 03:49 AM

For the love of God, why do I have to have that "Little Trouble Girl" tagged under my screenname?
Did the forty-something posts not emphasize n00b enough?
Branding "Little Trouble Girl" on me is just adding insult to injury- cruel and unnessacery.

pbradley 07.25.2008 04:18 AM

As though the word "harmless" and a picture of Bambi don't? ha ha.

MellySingsDoom 07.25.2008 04:24 AM

Which is going to come first, the "new" Guns N Roses album (17 years in the making) or the new MBV album (also 17 years in the making)?

acousticrock87 07.25.2008 04:25 AM

Hold on let me get my flipping coin.

Heads. Guns N Roses.

Cantankerous 07.25.2008 04:26 AM

did they not release chinese democracy?

oh, no, apparently not.

Mostly Harmless 07.25.2008 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
As though the word "harmless" and a picture of Bambi don't? ha ha.

Well I didn't think the Forces Which Control the Board would already take care of making me feel like a little kid.
If I'd known that, probably would've made my avatar something really badass, like a nun with Satan in a headlock and had my screenname be something really masculine, like "pbradley" or something.