Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

_slavo_ 12.03.2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
Have fun there, all of you.

Hey slavo, quick (pretty dumb) question:
In german, Bratislava is called Pressburg ("press-castle"). So is it
Bratis = press
Lava = Castle
??

no way. "Lava" means "Lava" in our language :)

Bratislava is a word that means nothing. It's just a name and "Pressburg" is an old German name for it, just like "Poszony" is the Hungarian name for it.
It used to be a tri-language city, with many austrians and hungarians living in it.

The slovak word for "castle" is "hrad".

_slavo_ 12.03.2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
btw I am celebrating new years eve in Prague this/next year if nothing goes wrong

we might meet, then, I've spent New Years Eves in Prague a couple of times before.
it's very nice, you won't regret it.

phoenix 12.03.2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

this elephant kicks ass nic!

it's rad.

I've seen lots of animals made from script in arabic before (calligrams).... not so much in english/other languages though.

shabbray2.0 12.03.2009 08:02 AM

^^it depends on the appartment situation. we ve got a pretty cheap one in sight so far. but we have to hurry I think. the problem is we are 6 persons for sure, maybe up to 8.
do you got some adresses for hiring cheap appartments? it hasnt to be deluxe, just a warm, halfway clean place to sleep, hahaha

_slavo_ 12.03.2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

^^it depends on the appartment situation. we ve got a pretty cheap one in sight so far. but we have to hurry I think. the problem is we are 6 persons for sure, maybe up to 8.
do you got some adresses for hiring cheap appartments? it hasnt to be deluxe, just a warm, halfway clean place to sleep, hahaha

a student house might be an option. they usually tend to rent rooms for these special occasions so you might have a look in these directions.

shabbray2.0 12.03.2009 08:09 AM

will do so if the appartment is already given away to someone else.

shabbray2.0 12.03.2009 08:32 AM

I had this view like 4 or 5 times in my lifetime and its paralysing you with beauty. I think you have to see it with your own eyes to really feel how breathtaking it looks. alone the chance for that is worth flying, hahaha
so I hope your flight will be around that time and you wont be too wasted to enjoy it, hrhrhr

never been to prague but just heard good things about it. so I am really looking forward to leave this damn country for at least some days again

phoenix 12.03.2009 08:42 AM

I love the ones where the day/night sky are on an angle / and you can see the gradient. I had this on an international from london->singapore with the moon in full view. It was epic. If only I'd had my camera out.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...m-airplane.jpg + the moon.

shabbray2.0 12.03.2009 08:46 AM

oh yes, I love car trips. its exhausting and thrilling at the same time to drive somewhere by car over 10 hours. I love the feeling of crossing the finish line when you reach your destination. and I love driving cars, hahaha
completely different but a great and surely more intense way of travelling

_slavo_ 12.03.2009 08:56 AM

let me know if you come to prague by car or by any other means. I can act as a perfect (and free of charge) guide :)

A Thousand Threads 12.03.2009 09:03 AM

Prague by car is horrible. My girlfriend had to take over the steering wheel after i nearly collided with tramways for two times.
I think we drove around for about 3 hours until we finally found that park and ride spot.

shabbray2.0 12.03.2009 09:09 AM

I think it cant be worse then paris with a motorhome. I drove through it on my way to the campingsite and I have to say that these 2 hours from the whole 10 hour trip will make out at least 80% of my exhaustion afterwards. it felt like war, but a war without too many dead bodies, hahaha

nicfit 12.03.2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

this elephant kicks ass nic!

Thanks mucho.
I eneded up following your rep suggestion ;).
Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
it's rad.

tenc iu tu.
it's not like the letters form real words, btw.

shabbray2.0 12.05.2009 09:42 AM

@nicfit:
do you ever used "processing"?
its like a much cooler, more open version of flash actionscript...

nicfit 12.05.2009 09:46 AM

Ha ha, I didn't even use actionscript once yet.
I'm lame.
I'll investigare into that, I suppose it could be useful for animations and stuff, a'ight?

ah, just read the pm, I'm about to reply.
weird days ahead.

shabbray2.0 12.05.2009 09:50 AM

no, I never used it for anymotion so far, but I am sure it would be useful.
its procssed graphics with a lot of mathematics n stuff. totally boring, but the results are sometimes overwhelming.
its like building your own graphic tools (when it works)

nicfit 12.05.2009 09:55 AM

AH!
Tonight I will miss Black Heart Procession, methinks...uff.

shabbray2.0 12.05.2009 09:57 AM

I got a hangover.
and I need a Torx T7 srewdriver to put my new used HDD into my mac to got a shitload of space.
hell yeah

SYRFox 12.05.2009 10:39 AM

hello y'all
i'm so tired
i just slept two hours
but still tired

damn i can't wait to be on holidays

loubarret 12.05.2009 10:46 AM

Same here...