Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Rob Instigator 07.28.2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Yes, it is. I feel really lucky that I work around there. It's especially nice now - I usually go and sit in the local square at lunchtime, and have a bit of a read, or watch the world go by. There's some great coffee places, too.

I bet there's some good people watching!

In Houston, the Montrose area is much the same, even though it has gentrified a bit, but when I was a kid and my dad would drive the family around for fun on a friday we would drive by Montrose, which was and is the Bohemian area, and I always thought, "I need to live with the freaks." and I ended up doing it Now I am one of the olde rfreaks that the younger freaks see.

Rob Instigator 07.28.2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
you'll be posting on the "my girlfriend stuck a finger on my ass" thread soon, eh?

hell to the FUCK no!!!!

The Instigator sphincter is a one way valve my friend.

MellySingsDoom 07.28.2008 04:55 PM

London is hot and humid here tonight - very sticky and a bit unpleasant.

I did some recording earlier tonight (haven't done so in ages) - am looking forward to getting back into it, bigtime. I'm out for a drink tomorrow night with one of the boardies, which I'm looking forward to.

Everyneurotic 07.28.2008 04:56 PM

man, your lady is stroking your ass down, that's how many inches away?

smelly: have a great time and be sure to take incriminating pictures if possible, you can blackmail the person in question if the situation permits itself.

i have a semi busy week here.

Cantankerous 07.28.2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
hell to the FUCK no!!!!

The Instigator sphincter is a one way valve my friend.

i need a one way sign for my ass. rly.

also by the way guys
i didn't record SHIT

i got distracted

MellySingsDoom 07.28.2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I bet there's some good people watching!

In Houston, the Montrose area is much the same, even though it has gentrified a bit, but when I was a kid and my dad would drive the family around for fun on a friday we would drive by Montrose, which was and is the Bohemian area, and I always thought, "I need to live with the freaks." and I ended up doing it Now I am one of the olde rfreaks that the younger freaks see.

Lots of fine people watching, indeed sir! Soho has become a bit gentrified over the years, but it still has a particular character to it that I love. the Montrose areas sounds cool - I'll look for pics of it online later on tonight.

Derek 07.28.2008 05:10 PM

wank.

MellySingsDoom 07.28.2008 05:13 PM

^^^Wank is good. Sometimes.

Cantankerous 07.28.2008 07:09 PM

i somehow hurt my foot badly and now i can't hardly walk at all. i didn't feel any impact on it at all, i just stood up and was hit with this ridiculous pain that feels like a charlie horse but in the top of my foot/ankle.

schizophrenicroom 07.28.2008 07:17 PM

ouch, catanks. elevate it and get some rest.

i'm seeing deerhoof something like four times on their tour this fall. i'm fucking excited.

Sonic Youth 37 07.28.2008 07:21 PM

Oh shit! I just took a look at their dates and I'll be seeing them once, maybe twice. Their playing the same venue as Silver Jews about 2 weeks apart. I need to break out my day planner and right the dates down because I'll lose the index card I just wrote them on.

schizophrenicroom 07.28.2008 07:24 PM

i am so excited to see the silver jews. i'm going to have to try my hardest not go "eeee!" when i see david berman.

Sonic Youth 37 07.28.2008 07:26 PM

I think I'm going to see them twice. Only drawback is I'd have to drive 2 hours to one and 3 hours for the other. It'll be worth it though.

schizophrenicroom 07.28.2008 07:27 PM

i'm just going to rearrange plans and etc because this is the second most exciting news of my life so far this year and once/twice can't cut it for me.

Sonic Youth 37 07.28.2008 07:41 PM

Yeah, I'll probably end up seeing both of them twice once I relay the info to a friend of mine.

Sonic Youth 37 07.28.2008 10:55 PM

One of my friends suggested I drive 200 miles to bail them out of lunch. Fuck that.

MellySingsDoom 07.28.2008 10:56 PM

Hello everyone. How are yous?

It's 4.50am here in merry old England. I can't sleep (insomnia strikes again), so am currently enjoying a raspberry tea and trying my best to relax. It finally rained here in London overnight, so the insane humidity we've been having has been killed, at least for a bit.

I had a weird dream, which involved me having a fight with the Fall's Mark E Smith, and alslo running into rooms full of sleeping people, and them getting pissed off at me for waking them up....

My plans for tonight have had to be shelved (was going out for a drink), so will be doing some more recording here at home.

Sonic Youth 37 07.28.2008 11:03 PM

I Do Not Free Base Cocaine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ckIv1tiaU

Sometimes I hate finding random funny Youtube videos

schizophrenicroom 07.28.2008 11:32 PM

i do too. my thing is japanese game show clips. i can spend three hours watching men compete to crack nuts with their thighs and racing squirrels and whatever wild shit they do that entertains me.

acousticrock87 07.28.2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i do too. my thing is japanese game show clips. i can spend three hours watching men compete to crack nuts with their thighs and racing squirrels and whatever wild shit they do that entertains me.

Gaki no Tsukai is the best show ever made. Silent library and the don't laugh games...Fucking gold.