Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

SYRFox 07.02.2010 07:29 AM

Yeah, that line up is really nice. Autechre alone makes it a great line up... Their show in Lille was probably the best show I've ever seen.

shabbray2.0 07.02.2010 07:41 AM

I am pretty sure they know how to let the floor rumble!
i am glad they didnt take the BoC path, to be a studio band only, which could have happened i think (music-style-wise)

SYRFox 07.02.2010 08:12 AM

Yeah! Damn a BoC live show would be sooo great. I bet the people that attended their what, three live shows must feel super lucky now ahah.
Autechre live is really super interesting. I had the chance to see them twice this year, and it was awesome to see how, starting from a same base (they played the same tracks at the two shows), they offered a completely different experience. The show in Lille was super experimental and rhythmic, with few melodic sounds, while in Brussels there was much more melodies, etc. Both were incredible, though my favorite was definitely the one in Lille

_slavo_ 07.02.2010 03:31 PM

tell me your opinions about this track, please.
it's sung in Czech so you might have no idea of the lyrics, so just tell me how you feel about it as a whole. thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0mDGhK_9ks

shabbray2.0 07.03.2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
tell me your opinions about this track, please.
it's sung in Czech so you might have no idea of the lyrics, so just tell me how you feel about it as a whole. thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0mDGhK_9ks

I really like czech as a sung language. it goes easy for my german ears, almost like english!!!
but I think as a german everything sounds smoother then the home language

SYRFox 07.03.2010 07:24 AM

I'm not too fond of the main melodic (guitar?) sound. There's something in the way it's reverberated I don't quite like... weird. I really enjoy the vocals and the way they're mixed, kinda drowned in, though (and yeah, Czech sounds really good). And the drums give the track a special energy which I like. Overall a nice track. The video is really cool, too.

_slavo_ 07.04.2010 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
I'm not too fond of the main melodic (guitar?) sound. There's something in the way it's reverberated I don't quite like... weird. I really enjoy the vocals and the way they're mixed, kinda drowned in, though (and yeah, Czech sounds really good). And the drums give the track a special energy which I like. Overall a nice track. The video is really cool, too.

They're Sporto, currently my favourite band around. I saw them live 1 week prior to my Asian trip and i had their album constantly in my ipod while travelling in Korea and Japan.
Funny thing is that the album production is more laid-back and has a chilly electronic feel, however live it was a pure guitar massacre.

SYRFox 07.04.2010 04:27 AM

I'll check them out more in detail... Thanks for the discovery

nicfit 07.04.2010 05:02 AM

shabbray2.0 07.04.2010 03:47 PM

^^^hahhaah

SYRFox 07.04.2010 04:13 PM

SUP

SYRFox 07.07.2010 05:01 AM

_slavo_ 07.09.2010 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
yioohoo, its nice to read that you all are fine.
kisseessss

kisses to you too, nefeli.
how's life?

_slavo_ 07.09.2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

heartbreaking! but im ok.

we are leaving tomorrow for a week- camping.

what about toi?

I sent you a PM

_slavo_ 07.09.2010 07:40 AM

Quote:

me too! hehe

i think i m eating a fruit gone bad.

doing anything this weekend?

leaving for a festival in 2 hours.

the best local festival. i'll lay on the ground and drink beers for 3 days now, yeah!

check out:

www.pohodafestival.sk

SYRFox 07.09.2010 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
leaving for a festival in 2 hours.

the best local festival. i'll lay on the ground and drink beers for 3 days now, yeah!

check out:

www.pohodafestival.sk

Digitalism are gonna have a hard time playing after Autechre ahahah! Enjoy it dude!

_slavo_ 07.09.2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Digitalism are gonna have a hard time playing after Autechre ahahah! Enjoy it dude!

Micachu are not coming to play. Fuck that.

SYRFox 07.09.2010 08:14 AM

Damn, that sucks!!
The line up's still great though, though I wish I knew more of these Slovakian bands ...

_slavo_ 07.09.2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Damn, that sucks!!
The line up's still great though, though I wish I knew more of these Slovakian bands ...

that Czech band Sporto plays there too, I'm psyched for them. I hope I'm not too drunk tonight.

SYRFox 07.09.2010 08:26 AM

Ahah I'll pray for you not to drink too much. :D
I'm going to Dour Festival myself next week, can't wait ... and I hope I won't be drunk either ahah (though that's not very likely as I don't drink too much)