Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

MellySingsDoom 02.09.2009 10:42 AM

Saw "Milk" at the cinema last night. A great, great film - van Sant's directed an engaging and touching film here, and Sean Penn does pretty damn well as the titular Harvey Milk...

atsonicpark 02.09.2009 12:05 PM

PROBLEM CHILD - 8/10

MellySingsDoom 02.09.2009 12:24 PM

Also: saw films 6, 7 and 8 of Kieslowski's "Dekalog - The Ten Commandments" series. Number 7 ("Thou shalt not steal") is particularly grim and depressing....good stuff all round, and recommended to those attuned to Warsaw Pact-era misery and gloom...

!@#$%! 02.09.2009 01:05 PM

in the movie house-- in 3D

very good! the 3d glasses were annoying but this was a great show. if you liked the nightmare before christmas, same director, and i'm not sure it's a better story, but it's neil gaiman.

at home:

great fucking movie, meanders bizarrely a bit and you wonder "what the fuck is the plot?", and it comes to a sort of predictable end (it's neorrealism after all-- well, a neorrealism of sorts) but something keeps a hold of you during the whole thing, including the wonderful black and white cinematography.

this movie left me puzzled. i want to know more.

Rob Instigator 02.09.2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

most fans hate it. I've seen it at least a dozen times. It's entertaining. It's like one of those "What if..." special edition comic books.

I love those "What If...?" comics.

I have "what if Punisher killed the Marvel Universe?"

noisereductions 02.09.2009 01:26 PM

Nice. I sort of think of Jason Goes To Hell in the same vein. I have a soft-spot for that one, too. Plus that tent scene is amazing!

sonic sphere 02.09.2009 02:31 PM

double team

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.09.2009 08:05 PM

Jason X is a rollercoaster of a horror flick.

Murder Party (again)

Murder Party is my new best friend.

Sonic Youth 37 02.09.2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
in the movie house-- in 3D

very good! the 3d glasses were annoying but this was a great show. if you liked the nightmare before christmas, same director, and i'm not sure it's a better story, but it's neil gaiman.

Oh shit, I didn't know this was out already. Must go see that.

!@#$%! 02.09.2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Oh shit, I didn't know this was out already. Must go see that.

and no love for IL GRIDO? your loss, ha ha.

oh buy yeah go watch CORALINE and go fast. i went early on a sunday before the churchy people landed on it. only problem is there were lots of kids on the place. the other option would be to go to a late show with no critters in the audience. but i like to pay matinee prices. matinees on a monday rule, except when you get an old fart who's eating his snot loudly throughout the movie. motherfucker, i'll kill you next time.

demonrail666 02.09.2009 10:08 PM

Il grido is great, although i've yet to meet anyone who said it was too short.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.10.2009 12:09 AM

!@#$%! 02.10.2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Il grido is great, although i've yet to meet anyone who said it was too short.

it wasnt too long... the guy wanders aimlessly and i often wondered "whats the fucking point?", but was nevertheless fascinated. i still can't understand exacly why, which intrigues me.

afterthefact 02.10.2009 10:40 AM

I watched Zebraman last night after hearing about it on this board. It was really great. I can not see though how people can call this a children's movie.

noisereductions 02.10.2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

The first one is really, really good. Well written. Realistic. Creepy even. Not sure what happened after that.

atsonicpark 02.10.2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
I watched Zebraman last night after hearing about it on this board. It was really great. I can not see though how people can call this a children's movie.

Yeah, it's not a children's movie like The Great Yokai War is a children's movie but it's still pretty light hearted, silly stuff.

Derek 02.10.2009 12:29 PM

Brother 9/10

Critics didn't like this movie?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.10.2009 12:34 PM

Half-baked

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.10.2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
The first one is really, really good. Well written. Realistic. Creepy even. Not sure what happened after that.

Child's Play 2 is my favorite in the series. Part 3 is a joke. Bride and Seed were both fucking hilarious.

noisereductions 02.10.2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Child's Play 2 is my favorite in the series. Part 3 is a joke. Bride and Seed were both fucking hilarious.

2 is the military academy one, right? I don't remember 3. I pretty much hated all of the Chucky ones, though Seed was funny.