Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

ithinkimissyou 08.02.2008 09:48 PM

In little old Ireland, regardless of your financial situation, you dont have to pay for 3rd level education

Well, there can be a relatively small sum that need to be paid at the start of the year, but it's nothing like the insane figures of other countries.

But if you're below a certain level of income, it's paid. And you also receive a grant which is meant to help you out for the year.

In practise this is generally spent on booze.

ithinkimissyou 08.02.2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevOK
That happened to me too.

Fun isn't it

Sonic Youth 37 08.02.2008 09:49 PM

Because of my highschool GPA being a few tenths of a point too low I get the bare minimum of my states financial aid for those going to a 4-year college with an ACT of 21 OR a 3.0 high school GPA regardless of the fact that I scored a 31 on the ACT. It's balls. All the money here is being wasted on kids that took the lowest level classes and gym 4 fucking (yes, I know people that took PE 1 once a year when you only need 1 PE credit, these people were lazy as fuck but didn't want to do honest school work) times to get a 4.0 high school GPA and didn't even fucking make a 21 on the ACT and flunk out of college their first year. So, $4,000 per person down the fucking spout. and yes, I personally know people that went to college, didn't have to pay a dime for tuition, rooms, books, food, anything, took ecstasy their entire first semester, failed all their classes, got put on academic review, got the 2nd semester totally paid for and got kicked out of the university at the end of the second semester and didn't have to pay back one cent.

StevOK 08.02.2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithinkimissyou
Fun isn't it

Well, now that I don't have to constantly worry about grades and deadlines, my life is wonderful.

ithinkimissyou 08.02.2008 09:52 PM

I'm still in a limboland

Nobody will hire me for a job in the only field I'm half decent at

So I'm hoping I get a job in the civil service, I've done the exams, did well. Heard nothing back.

Curse the inherent tardiness of state run institutions.

acousticrock87 08.02.2008 09:58 PM

I can't even get a fucking office job here. I feel like when I get my degree next year it won't help a bit.

ithinkimissyou 08.02.2008 09:59 PM

Your degree will help enormously, don't worry.

I'm finding it hard enough to get a fucking interview, nevermind get hired.

terriblecanyons 08.02.2008 09:59 PM

The only job open around here is working at a dodgy gas station - which I might end up having to take if it's even still available :(

StevOK 08.02.2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I can't even get a fucking office job here. I feel like when I get my degree next year it won't help a bit.

It won't. My wife is nearly done with her master's in history, and she's been working as a housekeeper at the Best Western down the road because she couldn't get a job anywhere else (until now, she just got hired at AT&T, thank God).

ithinkimissyou 08.02.2008 10:01 PM

post comething completely irrelevant

i'm only after noticing the comething bit, rather than it being something.

ok maybe i shouldn't try and apply for mi6 :D

Sonic Youth 37 08.02.2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevOK
It won't. My wife is nearly done with her master's in history, and she's been working as a housekeeper at the Best Western down the road because she couldn't get a job anywhere else (until now, she just got hired at AT&T, thank God).

^ my future, except I'm a dude history major.

terriblecanyons 08.02.2008 10:01 PM

Whoa I never noticed that

StevOK 08.02.2008 10:03 PM

I've looked in this thread so many times that I always think comething when I read something elsewhere.

acousticrock87 08.02.2008 10:07 PM

Holy crap. I've never once noticed the c.

My only hope right now is to get an internship in Hollywood with job opportunities. It shouldn't be incredibly hard, but I do not want to work in Hollywood.

ithinkimissyou 08.02.2008 10:09 PM

So a moths after climbing into one of my empty beer bottles

I think it's gonna get drunk

Who knew moths liked alcohol

ithinkimissyou 08.02.2008 11:42 PM

right i'm out of here kids

it's nearly 6am and i'm finally a bit tired

toodles

Mostly Harmless 08.03.2008 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithinkimissyou
Hate was just a legend

War was never known

I feel like the only drunk on the internet

If you're not alone on the SY forums-
I'm sure there's a galaxy of drunks on the internet.

NWRA 08.03.2008 04:12 PM

I can't stop laughing at these pictures of Barry George, Britain's newest superstar, and everyone's favourite dangerous-rapist-with-no-grip-on-reality (but-not-a-murderer-now).

They're like something that Chris Morris would create to lampoon our fame-obsessed society. Alas, Sky News and The News Of The World are beyond parody.

He’ll be on Celebrity Big Brother soon. And then he'll get his own reality-TV show where he tours the country in a custom-made Ford Rape Mobile (bought with his compensation/media money), dressed in a bondage-suit-and-SAS-mask-combo designed by Valentino Garavani. And our daughters will wear T-shirts of his sinister moon-face.

MellySingsDoom 08.03.2008 05:14 PM

I really can't stand that Kid Rock song - "All Summer Long", you know, the Lynrd Skynrd-bothering one.

Kid Rock - Fail so massive you can see it from space.

Hip Priest 08.03.2008 05:21 PM

I expected to dislike Kid Rock's music, but I'm still surprised by just how much I dislike it.