Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

EVOLghost 06.10.2016 10:50 AM

playing the crane game with some worms?

noisereductions 06.10.2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
After RE5 I couldn't really play them anymore....doesn't feel like REsident Evil anymore....and KoF14 looks a bit nasty...but I'm still interested in it. I'm just curious to see how it feels.

Revelations 2 was awesome.

There was also a DLC to RE5 that was better than RE5... you go back to the mansion in 1. I haven't played 6 yet, but I've heard it's better than 5. I didn't hate 5... but 5 is a good co-op action game, not a good RE game.

But seriously, Revelations 2 is worth checking out. Reminds me of RE0 a lot... but w/o the horrible item management.

vulva 06.11.2016 02:11 PM

KOF14 looks like shit (albeit more recent stuff is a bit better) but the gameplay looks and apparently is awesome. I know Xiao Hai's loving it right now.

!@#$%! 06.11.2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

playing the crane game with some worms?

Kinda, but with hyperreal physics, 3D vision, and odorama (diesel fumes, bug repellant, etc)

I said Terminator earlier but it's more like the enemy tank in the original Robocop-- clumsy, loud, and shaky as fuck.

Kind of addictive, started a small pool and made it huge. Tomorrow it's ditches if I don't die first from a rollover, ha ha.

EVOLghost 07.13.2016 08:56 AM

I've been playing a whole lot of Metal Gear Online. I don't know why....I've been really addicted to it lately. A little too much actually....like to the point my girlfriend is getting annoyed.

EVOLghost 07.17.2016 11:04 AM

I bought Dark SOuls 3 and Mirror's Edge for PS4 on amazon Prime day. I thought DS3 was supposed to come with a download code for DS1?

Toilet & Bowels 07.17.2016 11:18 AM

Quote:

I thought DS3 was supposed to come with a download code for DS1?

Only on Xbox One

EVOLghost 07.17.2016 07:24 PM

that sucks.

noisereductions 07.17.2016 08:02 PM

my relationship w/ the Dark Souls series is always (1) wait for it to go on a really good Steam sale, (2) load it up and die a lot for an hour, and (3) remember I'm a baby that can't play Dark Souls games.

EVOLghost 07.17.2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
my relationship w/ the Dark Souls series is always (1) wait for it to go on a really good Steam sale, (2) load it up and die a lot for an hour, and (3) remember I'm a baby that can't play Dark Souls games.

I've been taking a lot of breaks. I love it....but there's a lot of bullshit. I mean..oh well...but damn....I haven't exclaimed 'HOLY SHIT' so much in a video game before.

vulva 07.19.2016 12:56 PM

did soso
http://evo2016.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/sfv_k134.html

Rob Instigator 07.19.2016 01:15 PM

The Tron game that is free this month on xbox live

EVOLghost 07.19.2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulva

Nice man!

vulva 07.19.2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Nice man!

Thanks! Almost made it out in winner's but I choked. Still, not bad considering I'm still learning the game

EVOLghost 07.19.2016 02:02 PM

Yeah...always great to NOT go 0-2

krastian 07.19.2016 06:42 PM

Still playing Madden daily until Battlefield 1 comes out in October.

noisereductions 07.19.2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

woah dood legit.

EVOLghost 07.25.2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

(3) remember I'm a baby that can't play Dark Souls games.

Took me roughly 50 attempts to defeat the 2nd boss....and fuck...he isn't even that hard. I'm just an idiot. I think the main thing you need to beat this game is patience. You're going to die a lot(obviously), but just be patient. You don't have to reach the boss in 30 seconds, you don't have to rush anything. After dying just a few times, you'll get impatient and the second that happens, you'll really begin to suffer. The one thing is that as long as you stay patient, every death will reward you....until you lose the massive amount of souls you've gathered. Anyways...I'm slowly playing this game until completion, because apparently I love to be miserable. I can only really turn it on like twice a week since once I start I have to dedicate at least two hours to it...and most of the times that isn't enough. Anyways..>I'm loving this game. I still have to play 1 and 2 though....

vulva 07.25.2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

woah dood legit.

Quote:

Yeah...always great to NOT go 0-2

thanks dudes. I got to play with a lot of the korean and japanese players in a suite this year too, learnt a lot from them. We also had Keoma (best player from Brazil with us) and he was nothing short of a joy to play with and learn from. SFV still isn't a game where I'm super comfortable with my skill level but I'm getting there, but this kind of experience was definitely a huge step forward.

Also I play Chun so I just scrub it out and get dishonest wins all over tbh.

EVOLghost 07.26.2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Also I play Chun so I just scrub it out and get dishonest wins all over tbh.

My friend gave me a tip about improving in fighting games. He said, "After every win, ask yourself if you're proud of that, if you're not then clean up yer play". I take this advice seriously, because after a loss it can be easy to determine the reason why you lost(jumping too much, unsafe moves, no defense etc.). This is important against people of lower or equal skill level. Something else I've read is that, if you can't beat your opponent, make it as hard as possible for them to beat you. I use this a lot. And while it may look and seem like a lame playstyle, it's sometimes needed to get that win.