Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore Announce Split (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=60443)

Genteel Death 11.03.2011 02:09 PM

I wish that was true.

ann ashtray 11.03.2011 02:22 PM

Lester Bangs kicked absolute ass.

Genteel Death 11.03.2011 02:29 PM

Byron Coley still does.

Rob Instigator 11.03.2011 04:10 PM

This thread is about our heartbreak, not stereophonics

the ikara cult 11.03.2011 04:29 PM

you post one facebook status and it goes mental...

Decayed Rhapsody 11.03.2011 05:49 PM

I wish Steven Wells was still alive. I would give him a big kiss, even though he's wrong.

Thurston always seemed like an "intellectual fetus." Steve: secretly the smartest member.

floatingslowly 11.03.2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
This thread is about our heartbreak, not stereophonics

I'm going to miss you, my extremely gay friend.

come visit. we'll have a rap-off, then talk about skronk and vagina.

krastian 11.04.2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I'm going to miss you, my extremely gay friend.

come visit. we'll have a rap-off, then talk about skronk and vagina.

read that as fap-off

monostereo 11.04.2011 04:31 AM

That's bullshit.
A R U M O R !
Nobody with a right mind would act like that.
Makes for an amazing movie plot, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
quote:

a few years ago, both thurston and lee were asked to design some special edition mustang guitars for fender.
they were released to great fanfare.
well it turns out, kim was really disappointed that no one asked to put out HER guitar.
you know how she's always moaning on about women's rights and such.
well, it turns out, she wouldn't shut up about it, and finally Fender had to recall thurston and lee's guitars.
when forced to renegotiate, thurston and lee were to tell fender that unless they put out a kim gordon guitar,
than they couldn't lend their names to the brand.
fender refused, and the line was put out of production.
thurston and both lee were resentful of this ultra PC bent that kim forced them to adopt(as per usual. . ?)
this proved to be the final dividing line however, as thurston continually confronted kim about her ruining his passive cash cow,
and that her feminist PC stance on the guitars was really just masking her insecurities about her validity as a "real musician"
thurston exploited this to the point where kim eventually moved out of their connecticut home, and this led to thurston ultimately asking for
a divorce. apparently, he has met someone. wild flag ?

the mystery continues.

i saw thurston was at their(wild flag) show the other night.

stealing all tha riot grrl's hearts.

that dog.
http://terminal-boredom.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=653b2eb9c53931b022bfb3081db4ed 6f&topic=34143.45

Genteel Death 11.04.2011 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
I wish Steven Wells was still alive. I would give him a big kiss, even though he's wrong.

Thurston always seemed like an "intellectual fetus." Steve: secretly the smartest member.

Yes, he seemed like a fun dude to hang out with. I don't agree with much of what he says about Sonic Youth, or many other bands for that matter, even though I feel roughly the same way about 90% of their fans.

Genteel Death 11.04.2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monostereo
That's bullshit.
A R U M O R !
Nobody with a right mind would act like that.
Makes for an amazing movie plot, though.

I mean, look at how they think they know them so well as people to claim that the story above is false. It could be false, I agree. It could also be true. It wouldn't be a strange thing at all if they argued the shit out of every collective decision they make as a band. That would make them HUMAN. Just because you're used to TM kissing you on the cheek after he finishes playing his acoustic set in Northern Carolina, that doesn't mean he isn't capable of asserting himself when it comes to how his own band operates.

Rob Instigator 11.04.2011 09:42 AM

this news makes me sadder than when i found out flotz was dead

noisereductions 11.04.2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I mean, look at how they think they know them so well as people to claim that the story above is false. It could be false, I agree. It could also be true. It wouldn't be a strange thing at all if they argued the shit out of every collective decision they make as a band. That would make them HUMAN. Just because you're used to TM kissing you on the cheek after he finishes playing his acoustic set in Northern Carolina, that doesn't mean he isn't capable of asserting himself when it comes to how his own band operates.

oddly, I agree with you totally on this.

floatingslowly 11.04.2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
this news makes me sadder than when i found out flotz was dead

yes, but thanks to the miracle of BRAINJARS, I still spit FIRE.

ps: HITLER says to tell you "tag, mien liebchen. kommst du mit ins Brasilien" (whatever that means).

Rob Instigator 11.04.2011 02:13 PM

du kranke kleine offa

krischanski 11.05.2011 11:56 AM

Godwin's law. Argument over.

hirsute_biped 11.05.2011 12:43 PM

1st show of South American tour tonight, 1st test run for SY as a viable project post (official, announced) T/K split. Do we have any reporters on the ground?

Pelle 11.05.2011 12:45 PM

Wow totally forgot about that.

Anyone there, please report!

MellySingsDoom 11.05.2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groar
another aspect of fandom, is nepotism-Thurston or Kim or Lee talk about something, or Steve puts out a band like the Rondells, it expands your world.
It's still them discussing things relevant to them, it's not a mutually relational experience, you are feeding off them, they are eating off of you. Sounds mutual, maybe mutually exclusive. When is about the world of art & when is it about personal gain?

Oh for the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster....please look up the meaning of "nepotism", and then re-write the above.

E. Noisefield 11.05.2011 03:24 PM

Nepotism pop?

My dad once got me a job writing freelance for the newspaper he edited. That was nepotism.

What's nepotism-pop?