Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Sonic Youth 37 08.04.2008 10:37 PM

Better than me, I'm eternally a dozen steps behind.

Mine should be somewhat similar. Hoping to get my new roommate's name in the mail so I can secretly Facebook stalk him to decide if I want him as my roommate.

schizophrenicroom 08.04.2008 10:41 PM

thank god for facebook, i swear. so many crazies i know to avoid through one little site.

i have to get all of my stuff packed/unpacked and quite honestly, i don't want ot. my bed's covered in cds.

vodka + pineapple banana isn't as good as the cranbrey.

Sonic Youth 37 08.04.2008 10:45 PM

Oh yeah, Facebook is a god-send sometimes and a curse.
Packing/unpacking sucks horribly. I've gotten to the point where I won't unpack, I'll just live out of a bag until everything is gone. Packing cds is the worst. Last time I packed them up I dropped a whole stack and lost several under my bed for weeks.
It doesn't sound as good. Cranberry is the pinnacle, I feel.

schizophrenicroom 08.04.2008 10:47 PM

that's my plan, just hang up the good stuff and live out of it until it all alcummulates on the floor.

i bought something like ten cds and osme vinyl in utah and packing it was a bitch.

it's called "Cranenergrye" so it's like a chilled out red bull in cranberry juice form, i geuss.

Sonic Youth 37 08.04.2008 10:49 PM

Hmm...sounds interesting, might have to try that.
I always experience remorse because I don't buy cds, vinyl, or other cool shit when I'm flying home, too much trouble to pack it all.

schizophrenicroom 08.04.2008 10:56 PM

a lot of crap i got was form wraped tour and i should have shipped it off instead of packing. there was a ton of stuff from the receord store in salt lake that i wanted but i knew i'd be too lazy to ship so i didnt buy/

in hindsidght i'm glad i went to warped tour. for being 1000 degress and full of teeny emo kids it was fun.

Sonic Youth 37 08.04.2008 10:57 PM

Yeah, I've never thought about having stuff shipped. I'm paranoid about vinyl though. I don't even like transporting it in my car.

schizophrenicroom 08.04.2008 11:00 PM

my vinyl went at the bototm of my suitcase to make sure it wouldnt get manhandled and messed up like it did last year on the way back from califoria.

so much of my crap i had to leave qith my dad and stepmom. that i couldn't find my phone in the car when i was getting my stuff out at the airport sitll pisses me off.

Sonic Youth 37 08.04.2008 11:02 PM

I can't imagine leaving my cell phone in a far off place. I have an out-of-body when I can't find it in my general area.

schizophrenicroom 08.04.2008 11:07 PM

when i got on the plane and took a look at the strip from my seat, i wanted to call my friend and pissed off the guy next to me byu goung "fuck!!" when i remembered my phone was in the car.

EMMAh 08.04.2008 11:08 PM

I'm fingers are burning from making bracelets.

Speaking of burning fingers, the other day I was cutting up some hot peppers to put into my omelette. When I was done I didn't wash my hands, so I spent the rest of the day with my fingers feeling like they were in fire. I couldn't have them close to anything even semi-hot, because it would make their temperature rise.

By night time, I was sick of the pull shit so I put my fingers on ice. It worked for a while but as soon as I took them off they would be even worse than before I iced them. I also soaked the fuckers in milk haha.

In the end, I fell asleep with my hands hanging off the edge of the bed while trying to keep my mind off the subject.

So, warning WARNING warning, wash your mother fucking hands after cutting hot peppers! Save yourself a day of grief!

Cantankerous 08.04.2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
I'm fingers are burning from making bracelets.

Speaking of burning fingers, the other day I was cutting up some hot peppers to put into my omelette. When I was done I didn't wash my hands, so I spent the rest of the day with my fingers feeling like they were in fire. I couldn't have them close to anything even semi-hot, because it would make their temperature rise.

By night time, I was sick of the pull shit so I put my fingers on ice. It worked for a while but as soon as I took them off they would be even worse than before I iced them. I also soaked the fuckers in milk haha.

In the end, I fell asleep with my hands hanging off the edge of the bed while trying to keep my mind off the subject.

So, warning WARNING warning, wash your mother fucking hands after cutting hot peppers! Save yourself a day of grief!

once my mom was cutting up jalapenos and she didn't wash her hands and then she touched her eye and she thought she was going to have to go to the hospital.

Sonic Youth 37 08.04.2008 11:10 PM

People always get angry when someone utters an obscenity on an airplane, I've never understood it.

EMMAh 08.04.2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
once my mom was cutting up jalapenos and she didn't wash her hands and then she touched her eye

See, I was lucky in that case. I didn't touch my eye.

Fuck man, that would really hurt though. In the fucking eye. My fingers were throbbing.

schizophrenicroom 08.04.2008 11:11 PM

oh, i know what you maen! after making a mole sacua with habaneros, i rubbed my eye becayse it was twitching and it burned for two stiraight days.

schizophrenicroom 08.04.2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
People always get angry when someone utters an obscenity on an airplane, I've never understood it.

yeah, thsi guy was sixty something and reading star wars novels. i said fuck again because my purse fell out of my carryon bag and stuff went everywhere and i thought he was gounbg to chocke me.

Sonic Youth 37 08.04.2008 11:14 PM

My eyes are watering from just thinking about habaneros to the eye. I'm always afraid of rubbing my eyes so I'm super careful when cutting up spicy things.
Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
yeah, thsi guy was sixty something and reading star wars novels. i said fuck again because my purse fell out of my carryon bag and stuff went everywhere and i thought he was gounbg to chocke me.

Star Wars? On a plane? Wow. My most pleasant plane ride was next to an elderly (75+) Italian woman that didn't speak one word of English and apparently couldn't understand English either, so my obscenities (14 hour flight, no sleep, so there were quite a few) went unnoticed.

schizophrenicroom 08.04.2008 11:17 PM

wetwipes are a godsens for cutting up spicy things- i use them all the time.

MellySingsDoom 08.04.2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i tried to make eye contact with a guy checking me out, and when i did, i didn't see the pole right in front of me. i walked right into it.

I shouldn't laugh, but that sounds just like me in action!

schizophrenicroom 08.04.2008 11:38 PM

hey melly!

that night was awful! i was dressed really nice and looked great and boom beruised my nose.