Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

gmku 03.02.2009 08:31 AM

It's diiferent than it looks from the ads and previews. Much better than I thought it would be. You have to be ready for sort of a Bollywood experience though, but in a good way.

!@#$%! 03.02.2009 08:42 AM

FUCKING EXCELLENT.

loved every minute of that movie.

gmku 03.02.2009 08:44 AM

It is pretty good.

noisereductions 03.02.2009 08:53 AM

The new Friday the 13th (Finally!!!). I thought it was a blast. It felt like a sequel instead of a remake. So I was relieved and liked it even more than I expected.

noisereductions 03.02.2009 10:42 AM

Hustle & Flow (again). An amazing film.

demonrail666 03.02.2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
The new Friday the 13th (Finally!!!). I thought it was a blast. It felt like a sequel instead of a remake. So I was relieved and liked it even more than I expected.

That's an interesting way of looking at it, as being like a sequel I mean. It makes sense. You obviously couldn't do that with one-offs like The Wicker Man (even though the remake is so different from the original that it hardly qualifies as one) or Last House on the Left. Maybe I should've tried that way of looking at stuff like Rob Zombie's Halloween or even the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake (which story-wise is a bit like a sequel anyway). Good call.

atsonicpark 03.02.2009 10:56 AM

Rob Zombie's Halloween is still one of the worst films ever made.

Elvis Is Alive! I Swear I Saw Him Eating Ding Dongs Outside the Piggly Wiggly's! - 7/10

gualbert 03.02.2009 10:58 AM

Bonne Chance.( Sacha Guitry )

demonrail666 03.02.2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Rob Zombie's Halloween is still one of the worst films ever made.

It is bad, I agree. But start putting it up against some of the sequels and it start to fit in a little more. Against the original it doesn't stand a hope in hell - but then few films do.

atsonicpark 03.02.2009 11:12 AM

I'm wearing a Halloween shirt right now actually.

demonrail666 03.02.2009 11:13 AM

Not this one i take it:

atsonicpark 03.02.2009 11:23 AM

no, it's the first movie's cover, in faded black and white.

noisereductions 03.02.2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
It is bad, I agree. But start putting it up against some of the sequels and it start to fit in a little more. Against the original it doesn't stand a hope in hell - but then few films do.

I loved it.

But I mostly think of that one like a prequel. Really if he had cut out the last 20 mins, that's all it would've been.

Rob Instigator 03.02.2009 12:41 PM

Me and the g/f were looking for a movie to watch for free from cable while wasted and we picked tHE MEXICAN

I give it a 4/10. Pretty pointless, brad pitt and julia roberts trogether was fucking TERRIBLE, but luckily they are only together on screen for like 15 minutes. The movie just sucked though. some funny bits, but not worth paying money for sure

atsonicpark 03.02.2009 11:34 PM

yeah the mexican is awful.

!@#$%! 03.03.2009 09:51 AM

holy shit i'd never pick that movie for anything except to burn. anything with julia roberts, really-- fucking unbearable. eugh!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.03.2009 12:51 PM

The Blair Witch Project

This is easily one of the 5 best horror flicks of the '90s. The whole cinema verite feel works extremely well and even today the film had the power to suck me back into it's found footage storyline. The film skillfully adds an entire second layer of bone-chillingly realistic fright by leaving the truth of the Blair Witch up to the viewer's imagination. A tactic that many recent horror films could learn a lesson in. From a decade that bombarded us with I Know What You Did Last Summers, this film was quite a surprise.

atsonicpark 03.03.2009 01:02 PM

It's alright. Clever marketing.

Rob Instigator 03.03.2009 01:06 PM

julia roberts was fucking horrible.
her acting range is ri-DONK-ulously minimal.

noisereductions 03.03.2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

The Blair Witch Project

This is easily one of the 5 best horror flicks of the '90s. The whole cinema verite feel works extremely well and even today the film had the power to suck me back into it's found footage storyline. The film skillfully adds an entire second layer of bone-chillingly realistic fright by leaving the truth of the Blair Witch up to the viewer's imagination. A tactic that many recent horror films could learn a lesson in. From a decade that bombarded us with I Know What You Did Last Summers, this film was quite a surprise.

I dnt know about top 5. But it is a great film. And in fairness to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID... that was really a flood of films that followed the success of Scream, which IS actually one of the top 5 horror films of the 90's.

Kevin Williams was a goldmine for 90's teen shiz.