Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Sonic Youth 37 11.12.2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
holla.

i mentioned him in the hopes you'd post a screencap of him going "inconceivable!" but alas. he's playing blair waldorf's mother's boyfriend/future stepdad on gossip girl.

Hours late:

MellySingsDoom 11.13.2008 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
when I was 6, my mother caught me singing "bubbilicious! it's the ullltimate FUCKER" (the real jingle substituted the more benign "bubble").

looking back on this, I realize that I should have gone into advertising.

I have ideas for hip-and-happening bands of the moment to advertise all sorts of goodness - like our own SY advertising toothpaste - "The president sucks/He's a war pig fuck/But it's the plaque I hate/it's the plaque I hate"

jennthebenn 11.13.2008 09:33 AM

Never trust doctors. Not one second. They do not care if they fuck up
your life. Doctors are the breathing equivalent of a pigs asshole.

floatingslowly 11.13.2008 09:42 AM

^^^ that's not always true. my father-in-law is a physician and isn't like that at all. unfortunately, he seems to be the exception to the rule.

for the record, I am always available to play doctor if needed.

:)

floatingslowly 11.13.2008 09:46 AM

I have no idea what yr talking about, nurse.

:)

floatingslowly 11.13.2008 09:51 AM

would you like to have it surgically removed? I promise there will only be a little blood.

FORCEPS!

Sonic Youth 37 11.13.2008 07:38 PM

I just took an unintentional 4-hour nap and now I feel horrible.

Rob Instigator 11.14.2008 10:27 AM

I am not alone! whenevr I take long naps I wake up feeling like goddamn fried shit.

floatingslowly 11.14.2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
i have no idea what u are talking about, but the word blood is intriguing.
the other word, i dunno it= have no feelings about it.

sssshh....just lie back and try not move too much.

StevOK 11.14.2008 01:29 PM

schizophrenicroom 11.14.2008 10:38 PM

i think i broke my toe. i'm fairly confident.

Sonic Youth 37 11.14.2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

i think i broke my toe. i'm fairly confident.

oh noez! :( and I was the one worried about ze broken toez.

schizophrenicroom 11.14.2008 11:00 PM

my whole foot is swollen. but THE TOE.

oh god.

how are you?

Sonic Youth 37 11.14.2008 11:03 PM

I'm cool. I went to see a campus production of the Lieutenant of Inishmore. It was quite funny. Also, they had the performance in the sanctuary of the Wesley Center and the play contains more "fucks" than any other play I've seen (more "fucks" per minute than most Tarantino films) and LOTS of fake blood. Now I'm deciding what to do with my evening. Going to dye my hair either tomorrow before No Age or Sunday.

How goes it for you, other than the toe?

schizophrenicroom 11.14.2008 11:07 PM

i've never heard of that, but it sounds glorious.

tonight i'm just hanging out, busting out the wine. i'm not a creative person. i was supposed to go see the new james bond movie, but not having a cell phone means there was no way to reach me. i used my mom's, but almost every single "friend" i have is unaware that phones have answer buttons. so i went for a burger with my parents. lame but true.

Sonic Youth 37 11.14.2008 11:13 PM

It was really good. During it's run on Broadway every performance used 6 gallons of fake blood.

I want to see the new Bond but I undoubtedly be going alone on Sunday afternoon. I wasn't in the mood for going out drinking because I have to get up at 8 in the morning to go places. I've been getting cabin fever lately, so it'll be good to get out and go places, but must be back before 10 for show!

I really want some real food. I've been living on a steady diet of stress and sugar mostly for a few weeks. My body is not happy.

Sonic Youth 37 11.14.2008 11:23 PM

Well, that's a better reason than Bond itself. I myself am stuck in a platonic standstill on all fronts.

I just want this goddamned semester to be over. I haven't even registered for next semester's classes yet.

When I just grab whatever I can get my hands on it's usually pizza, poptarts and Soda. That's not healthy.

schizophrenicroom 11.14.2008 11:27 PM

i want this year to be over.

have you tried the gingerbread poptarts? unhealthy but awesome!

speaking of awesome, one thing i do like about florida is the space shuttle launch. one went up tonight during dinner, and the whole little pub gathered outside to watch. it's cool every single time.

Sonic Youth 37 11.14.2008 11:31 PM

Ah, my encounters are a constant state of tension that just leads to more tension. Goddamn our mutual willpower.

I've been on a brown sugar cinnamon kick, myself.

I'm trying to decide on a movie since I'll be spending the night solo. (haha, typical me) but nothing is really taking the skin off the apple right now.

schizophrenicroom 11.14.2008 11:35 PM

oh, i've worked my way through a box of those in two days. yum. i miss the vanilla milkshake ones. i haven't had one since this summer but i just never remember to get them in.

i'm just gonna be online. me + bad foot + wine in front of the tv= bad bad bad.

Sonic Youth 37 11.14.2008 11:38 PM

I'll be watching on my computer because my tv is behind me and I don't feel like constantly turning around/I can't rig some ingenious mirror system.

Ugh, the reason I have to get up early just came back to me. I have to go see my aunt and cousins to help them with something for Christmas. I might be able to chill with old friends on the way back through...but those are long odds.

schizophrenicroom 11.14.2008 11:41 PM

yikes, sounds fun. sometime soon i have to get my friend a birthday present. all the effort required is just raiding hot topic for something she doesn't have from there.

my amigo from toronto might be down here for a week around christmas to visit his folks in orlando. then i hope hope hope my dad and stepmom come back out here again. because thanksgiving and christmas would just be too cool.

Sonic Youth 37 11.14.2008 11:44 PM

I had to go to Hot Topic today for hair dye. I bitched out and just got the water based because everyone is coming to our house for Thanksgiving and I don't want to be dis-inherited. I'm lucky at least that my birthday isn't on Thanksgiving this year.

schizophrenicroom 11.14.2008 11:47 PM

the water based never worked for me. i tried pink once just for kicks but it more or less slid off my hair. it was odd.

my next birthday is i think on a saturday. sweet!

Sonic Youth 37 11.14.2008 11:49 PM

Yeah, this will all be an experiment, so I have no idea how well it'll go. I'm thinking I might enlisted some help from my friends with unnatural hair hues.

Shit, mines' a week from Monday. A Monday. Sucks to Mondays.

█████████ 11.14.2008 11:49 PM

fuck, i can't wait to go to bed.

that sucks jade. do you even have a slight memory of who i am? haha, probably not.

i hope you get well soon.

schizophrenicroom 11.14.2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by █████████
fuck, i can't wait to go to bed.

that sucks jade. do you even have a slight memory of who i am? haha, probably not.

i hope you get well soon.

hm.. jico? i'm guessing? sorry! but thank you :)

josh- either way, post pics.

mondays. argh. i pretend that word doesn't exist. it is part of the huge gap between sundays and thursday nights when the office comes on.

Sonic Youth 37 11.15.2008 12:02 AM

Will do. I expect it'll turn out okay, but I have no benchmark.

I'm hoping to get my week down to Wednesday nights (no particular reason), Saturdays, and Sundays. A two and a half day week would be nice.

schizophrenicroom 11.15.2008 12:08 AM

i want sunday nights for dexter, thursday for the office and 30 rock, then all of friday and saturday.

but wednesdays are cool. i can deal with them.

Sonic Youth 37 11.15.2008 12:13 AM

To be quite honest, Sunday nights anymore are my favorite because it's the last gasp of weekend before Monday so I feel like I have to do a lot of stuff that I won't get to do during the week.

I'm going to indulge in more 80s and watch Valley Girl again.

schizophrenicroom 11.15.2008 12:14 AM

have fun :) i love that movie.

Sonic Youth 37 11.15.2008 12:15 AM

I do too. My taste for 80s chick flicks would get my ass kicked in most male circles. Killer soundtrack too.

Oh, and congrats on being Queen of this thread now.

schizophrenicroom 11.15.2008 12:26 AM

thank you :) it's an honor.

terriblecanyons 11.15.2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

i've never heard of that, but it sounds glorious.

tonight i'm just hanging out, busting out the wine. i'm not a creative person. i was supposed to go see the new james bond movie, but not having a cell phone means there was no way to reach me. i used my mom's, but almost every single "friend" i have is unaware that phones have answer buttons. so i went for a burger with my parents. lame but true.

:(
I would've gone.

Sonic Youth 37 11.15.2008 09:27 AM

No Age! Tonight!

StevOK 11.15.2008 11:51 AM

^Sweeeeeeeet.

I noticed that Swa(y) joined a message board I post on.

StevOK 11.15.2008 02:33 PM

Oh my fucking gawd. The Rock-afire Explosion.

Usher - "Love In This Club"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur8AwQHusZw

MGMT - "Electric Feel"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzU2qH6wecw

Arcade Fire - "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4aIblRt72g

there are more...even a movie coming.

Sonic Youth 37 11.15.2008 07:29 PM

Holy shit...I found a new ATDI shirt today to replace mine that is nearing it's finally days. I've had it for 5+ years in constant rotation and now each time I washed it could be the last and it was now a light charcoal gray. But, now, new ATDI shirt! Of course it's still black with the Vaya radio on it, but damn...what luck.

schizophrenicroom 11.15.2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
:(
I would've gone.

my phone is missing (thanks sean) and i don't have your number memorized. fuck phones. i swear.

we need to hang out.

josh- my mom's old boss was this kinda cute guy who had that atdi shirt. so good connotations all around!

Sonic Youth 37 11.15.2008 09:57 PM

Oh yesh. The old one has the same thing except smaller and across the chest. The one I bought today has the image much larger and more across the torso too. Plus it's one of those super soft tees. I'm not so bummed because it came from Hot Topic because my old one came from Spencers about 4 or 5 years ago (wtf? right.) but anyhoo, I'm leaving in about 15 to see No Age, Soft Circle, Titus Andronicus, and some local band I will not be staying for.