Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Let's Look at the Hipster's 100 Greatest Song's of the Year... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28589)

atsonicpark 12.20.2008 08:30 PM

Not sure when I made a "fuss". I'm simply replying to a thread about pitchfork. And I don't bring them up... except in threads related to pitchfork. I don't start these threads, but they're fun to reply to.

I just don't see why they're brought up; they're completely unreliable in every way, and there are so many better online music zines. Even the unfunny and annoying tiny mix tapes is probably better!

Also, no, I don't want to be covered by pitchfork.

sarramkrop 12.20.2008 09:10 PM

Who Posted? Total Posts: 41
User NamePostsatsonicpark 10Derek 7Green Magnesium 4sarramkrop 4Everyneurotic 3SpectralJulianIsNotDead 3SYRFox 3✌➬ 2Kylerobert 1flophousefloozie 1SuperCreep 1Decayed Rhapsody 1DeadDiscoDildo 1

hmmm....

atsonicpark 12.20.2008 09:11 PM

Your point is...?

I post a lot. I reply a lot within threads. I don't hit the edit button very often.

sarramkrop 12.20.2008 09:16 PM

My point being that you seem to appear on these sort of threads about pitchfork with posts that are more fervent in their attack to pitchfork than most, posibly because you'd like to be in their place. The End.

atsonicpark 12.20.2008 09:22 PM

No. I just get sick of hearing about them and like to have fun at their expense. This is a parody thread anyway, right? I mean, it says "let's look at the hipster's..."

Glice 12.21.2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Beyonce number 23
that's close
and fuck buttons is 34

no way is any Beyonce song better than Sweet Love For Planet Earth

Sometimes, I just don't know what's going on on this board, I really don't.

I was pleased to see that awesome Estelle track in Pitchfork's (shock! horror!) Pitchfork-biased list. They had the wrong Santogold track in their top ten, but that's not so important. I've managed to not hear the bulk of their list, huzzah!

atsonicpark 12.21.2008 10:42 AM

Full disclosure: I somewhat regularly correspond with a pitchfork contributing editor via hotmail. He doesn't really select any of their editorial content, all he does is review albums they send him. He's a really cool, quite knowledgable dude who owns more 7 inches than probably anyone I've ever talked to. We never really talk about pfork, as we met through a message board. Anywho, I'm sure a lot of the editors on there are cool and into good stuff, and really it makes perfect logical sense to base your opinions on money; I mean, it is a business, and with the economic crisis.... it's not completely disrespectful. Shrug. I just look at pfork as entertainment value that I don't really get involved in -- outside of this message board, since it seems like every single thing that happens on that site gets posted here anyway. Sooooo...