Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PJ HARVEY (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=34603)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.01.2010 02:20 PM

I resent the sexualization of this thread, can't we talk about a female artist and the overwhelmingly quality of her art with out necessarily looking at her twat? jesus, did we have a decade long riot grrl movement for nothing :/

I have never seen anyone mention thurston moore's dick ONCE on this SYG in over six years of posting here, and yet I have seen just about every female artist sexualized, its a shame truly.

I love PJ, her style is wild, the guitar work is fierce, the music is somber with teeth, her voice is mesmerizing, her lyrics are potent, she was supposed to be on deftones knife party which would have simply perfected that tune, but I love her, especially "Uh Huh Her"

hevusa 12.01.2010 03:51 PM

Lady GaGa on the other hand *holds out little finger*

SuperCreep 12.01.2010 06:33 PM

that "written on the forehead" song is quite good. i didn't know what to think of it at first, but it's been growing on me.

can't wait to hear this. thankfully it won't be too long.

automatic bzooty 12.01.2010 08:19 PM

i've been listening to a LOT of polly jean lately... mostly it's been the 4 track demos for rid of me, so good. finally starting to dig white chalk as well.

Mortte Jousimo 12.02.2010 08:47 AM

To me PJ is greatest woman artist in the world! Even greater than Kate Bush and Björk.

Decayed Rhapsody 12.02.2010 05:30 PM

The new song is strange, I don't know what to think about it really. I'm not really feeling the production. But I trust the rest of the album will be good, it's good to see her lyric writing (based on that NME sneak-peak article) has reached new heights. I've always wanted to hear something more definitively "English" from her (White Chalk had elements of English folk in there). I think this will satisfy.

SpaceCadetHayden 12.02.2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

I have never seen anyone mention thurston moore's dick ONCE on this SYG in over six years of posting here, and yet I have seen just about every female artist sexualized, its a shame truly.

Thurston just isn't attractive. I'll talk all day about how much I'd fuck Jamie Stewart or Jake Gylenhaal.

Mortte Jousimo 12.03.2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
The new song is strange, I don't know what to think about it really. I'm not really feeling the production. But I trust the rest of the album will be good, it's good to see her lyric writing (based on that NME sneak-peak article) has reached new heights. I've always wanted to hear something more definitively "English" from her (White Chalk had elements of English folk in there). I think this will satisfy.

Oh, I haven´t heard she´s making new album! I like all of her albums, White Chalk was me so beatiful album a long time, that it was hard to understand how somebody human can make that kind of album. But then I thought A Woman A Man Walked By was even better. So I got great expectations for her new album!!! By the way, what is name of her new song?

Torn Curtain 01.13.2011 03:26 PM

PJ Harvey Talks New Album, Let England Shake

knox 01.13.2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayden
Thurston just isn't attractive. I'll talk all day about how much I'd fuck Jamie Stewart or Jake Gylenhaal.

yeah, talk about his dick.
we talk about jamie stewart's cock because he started it.

Torn Curtain 01.17.2011 06:36 PM

"The words that maketh murder" (video)

hipster_bebop_junkie 01.17.2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Curtain

Another great track! So far my favourite is still "Written In The Forehead", though.

I can't hardly wait for her new record to be released.

hevusa 01.17.2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Curtain

FUCKING AWESOME!!!!
One of the few female artists I truly respect.

Genteel Death 01.18.2011 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevusa
FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

Really?

jon boy 01.18.2011 02:29 AM

i have not heard her for a while but she was really good at atp a few years back and i like the earlier stuff she did.

knox 01.18.2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

you really are an idiot.

hevusa 01.18.2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
you really are an idiot.

Doesn't mean much coming from someone who thinks ghosts are real. And who also thinks every man on the planet is sexist.

Genteel Death 01.18.2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Doesn't mean much coming from someone who thinks ghosts are real. And who also thinks every man on the planet is sexist.

No, she's totally right. You are an idiot.

hevusa 01.18.2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
No, she's totally right. You are an idiot.

And this coming from someone trying to put out a compilation where every song will be at a different volume. Brilliant! (Please take me off of it BTW).

knox 01.18.2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

You are an idiot.
Please get him off the compilation.
Volumes are important.