Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

h8kurdt 11.25.2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Anyone watching Man C-Bayern? Great first half. City should be clear but they're too busy committing suicide

Mangala is so fucking shit.

h8kurdt 11.25.2014 04:36 PM

Neuer who? Incredible. God knows how that happened.

demonrail666 11.25.2014 04:38 PM

demonrail666 11.25.2014 04:39 PM

Amazing. Good job city are rich enough to keep the little fucker. What team wouldn't wan't him? Brilliant.

h8kurdt 11.25.2014 04:43 PM

i'll say this, City would be mad to not try and keep Lampard for the rest of the season.

demonrail666 11.25.2014 04:49 PM

Totally agree. Until Aguero's two goals I was gtting ready to say Lampard has probably been their best player. But isn't part of the deal that he's only at City in the interim, before going to the NY Red Bulls. Not sure how the deal works though.

demonrail666 11.25.2014 04:53 PM

"Nice work MC, but just to remind everyone, we just completely annihilated Schalke"

h8kurdt 11.25.2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Totally agree. Until Aguero's two goals I was gtting ready to say Lampard has probably been their best player. But isn't part of the deal that he's only at City in the interim, before going to the NY Red Bulls. Not sure how the deal works though.

Yeah. Although I'm sure the owners could just turn around and say that Lampard is going to stay at City. I guess it comes down to where he's going to make the Iron Sheikhs the most money.

And Messi. God bless him. A friend of mine who's 63 was saying a coupla weeks back that in all the years of him watching football he can't remember a time where there were as many incredible players at any one time. Sure there's meant to be a comma there somewhere.

demonrail666 11.25.2014 05:24 PM

Yeah, we're in a golden age, for sure. In what other era would a player as good as Aguero not even make a 23 player Ballon D'or shortlist? Or a player who, about an hour ago, finally broke the all-time record for CL goals scored not be the red hot fave to win it? And even if you take Messi and Ronaldo out of the equation, this is still an absurdly good time to be a football fan.

EDIT: Hope el symbols saw the game, and that he didn't do too much damage to his tv when he threw it out the window after Aguero scored the winner.

_slavo_ 11.26.2014 03:37 AM

That yesterday's Man City vs. Bayern match was absolutely brilliant.
Oh, the joy of football.

demonrail666 11.26.2014 07:47 AM

And Dortmund v Arsenal tonight looks like it could be great too. Two under-pressure managers using the CL to try and salvage their season/reputations. Although I can see it being a really long night for Wenger.

!@#$%! 11.26.2014 12:22 PM

i didn't get a chance to catch bayern/man city till this morning and i was trying to avoid looking at this thread and other news sources--- but some rumors squeaked by.

anyway, great game, surprised bayern managed to take the lead and then throw it away in stages.

benatia getting himself thrown out was massively idiotic (look at what the poor bastard was saying pre-game here and what beckenbauer said afterwards here) .

then there were the weird substitutions-- schweinsteiger for ribéry? shaqiri should have been the one. and why take lewandowski out? should have been shaquiri for ribéry and keep their shape. what the fuck.

agüero spectacular-- why couldn't he play like that when i had him in my fantasy league world cup team? (i know, injury or something). anyway both xabi alonso and boateng made stupid mistakes (probably fatigue, damn, they played w/ 10 since the beginning) but agüero knew how to profit and did not puss out. bravo, sir.

anyway, pretty great match, full of surprises, sorry to see bayern lose but they needed a wake-up call after coasting for so long (they beat hoffenheim 4-0 this past weekend). muller & gotze sitting it out, i have to find out why-- injuries i think, heard something about gotze's knee.

nervous about dortmund, not 100% sure i'll be able to catch it on time today but i'm trying-- otherwise might have to wait till late tonight or tomorrow.

Rob Instigator 11.26.2014 02:37 PM

Have you guys seen this? Is it for real? http://youtu.be/GUQUta53Q1g

Insane shootout. I would kill the doc that dragged my ass back there if I was that goalkeeper! Insane.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.26.2014 03:12 PM

Fuck shoot outs, nothing pisses me off more in a tournament than when you've watched 94 minutes then like 32 minutes of scoreless or low scoring tie action to see it settled with lame kicks. Id honestly rather just see a fucking coin flip

demonrail666 11.26.2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Have you guys seen this? Is it for real? http://youtu.be/GUQUta53Q1g

Insane shootout. I would kill the doc that dragged my ass back there if I was that goalkeeper! Insane.

You're joking, right?

Rob Instigator 11.26.2014 03:20 PM

about what? That I would destroy the team medic that dragged me back out to get concussed again?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.26.2014 03:25 PM

I sure wish that (a) real shoot outs went this way and (b) that real English announcing crews were that lively and entertaining!

demonrail666 11.26.2014 03:33 PM

Arsenal Dortmund feels a bit scrappy. Arsenal deserve the lead though. Cazorla's been excellent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i didn't get a chance to catch bayern/man city till this morning and i was trying to avoid looking at this thread and other news sources--- but some rumors squeaked by.

anyway, great game, surprised bayern managed to take the lead and then throw it away in stages.

benatia getting himself thrown out was massively idiotic (look at what the poor bastard was saying pre-game here and what beckenbauer said afterwards here) .

then there were the weird substitutions-- schweinsteiger for ribéry? shaqiri should have been the one. and why take lewandowski out? should have been shaquiri for ribéry and keep their shape. what the fuck.

agüero spectacular-- why couldn't he play like that when i had him in my fantasy league world cup team? (i know, injury or something). anyway both xabi alonso and boateng made stupid mistakes (probably fatigue, damn, they played w/ 10 since the beginning) but agüero knew how to profit and did not puss out. bravo, sir.

anyway, pretty great match, full of surprises, sorry to see bayern lose but they needed a wake-up call after coasting for so long (they beat hoffenheim 4-0 this past weekend). muller & gotze sitting it out, i have to find out why-- injuries i think, heard something about gotze's knee.

nervous about dortmund, not 100% sure i'll be able to catch it on time today but i'm trying-- otherwise might have to wait till late tonight or tomorrow.

Aguero was the difference maker. Neither team were that good so it took one player to have a great game. Robben was very quiet, I thought.

demonrail666 11.26.2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
about what? That I would destroy the team medic that dragged me back out to get concussed again?

It's as fake as Pandora Peaks's tits

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.26.2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

It's as fake as Pandora Peaks's tits

It was STILL ages better than any real shootout I've ever been forced to sit through.. and also as I mentioned, I wish REAL English announcing crews were also that alive and entertaining so I wouldn't have to watch in Spanish yo ;)