Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=113183)

d.sound 08.24.2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

no seriously. the district i live in will probably go at least 70-80 percent hillary. voting stein does nothing.

greenlight 08.24.2016 03:15 PM

guys, lets do thread on Hillary as well....:-)

The Soup Nazi 08.24.2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
guys, lets do thread on Hillary as well....:-)

Listen, TINY, for all intents and purposes this is The 2016 Election Thread, mkay? :D

greenlight 08.24.2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Listen, TINY, for all intents and purposes this is The 2016 Election Thread, mkay? :D

ok, ok, fair enough...:D

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.24.2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d.sound
no seriously. the district i live in will probably go at least 70-80 percent hillary. voting stein does nothing.

i think he meant Ohio in general ;)

ilduclo 08.24.2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Columbus is actually a pretty good town. I've been there 4 or 5 times. I liked the summers there with the lighting storms and the fireflies:p

The Soup Nazi 08.24.2016 06:35 PM

Turd Summit:

UKIP's Nigel Farage to speak at Donald Trump rally

Now, since Farage succeeded, hopefully this will prompt some couch potatoes to get the fuck up and vote for HRC in November.

The Soup Nazi 08.24.2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
we're already being governed by computers, more or less.

!@#$%! 08.24.2016 08:06 PM

Quote:

great, great album

ilduclo 08.25.2016 10:40 AM

well, if you're not trusting 538 (and I don't understand why), here's Princeton College

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.25.2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
well, if you're not trusting 538 (and I don't understand why), here's Princeton College

i have read that site for years, trust me their data analysis is shallow at best. its not that Overlord Hillary isn't dominating, its that 538 isn't very good at projections or interpreting data

ilduclo 08.25.2016 12:57 PM

I have a math and statistics minor, and I disagree.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.25.2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

I have a math and statistics minor, and I disagree.

i think that with such education you would agree

evollove 08.25.2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d.sound
i live in columbus ohio. overwhlemingly democratic/hillary district. the whole state is going to be hers anyway.

I live in Canton Ohio. You are completely wrong in assuming the entire state will go to Hillary. I'm sure walking down High Street will give you one impression, but come up here for a few days and you'll get a very different impression.

BTW, Portman is kicking Strickland's ass in polls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery
at what point does it stop? are we supposed to just keep voting for the slightly less insane and destructive candidate?

Yes! Because, obviously, you don't want the MORE evil person to win. Very, very simple math.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
if people want to vote their conscience they should not be in anyway judged or blamed.

I'm going to do it anyway. Fuck your conscience. Let's say you're a Jill Stein supporter. You "vote your conscience." Trump wins the election. But hey, you're precious conscience is clean! Please claim your non-existent prize nowhere, you naive, romantic, selfish fuck.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.25.2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove

I'm going to do it anyway. Fuck your conscience. Let's say you're a Jill Stein supporter. You "vote your conscience." Trump wins the election. But hey, you're precious conscience is clean! Please claim your non-existent prize nowhere, you naive, romantic, selfish fuck.

that is your natural right to be critical but it doesn't mean it will be an effective tactic neither a necessarily ethical one.

also insulting people who have a political disagreement with you is probably not very likely way to convince them to support your candidate. also call me old fashioned but if you believe in elections to begin with i imagine the one being naive and romantic is only yourself ;)

!@#$%! 08.25.2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove

you win the internet today. i'd rep the shit out of you but i can only do it once

it's as if 8 years of Bush-Cheney had never happened for some people

For fuck's sakes here's a reminder of what got started there

-my pet goat
-wmds
-valerie plame
-gog & magog (!!!)
-mission accomplished
-abu ghraib
-brownie is doing a heckuva job
-the great recession
etc etc

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...ey-war-crimes/

i say "got started" because history doesn't end and the past is still here

more. for fuck's sakes. take note of the extensive list of domestic policy clusterfucks:

http://www.commondreams.org/views/20...ncies-and-lies

and compared to trump... those fuckers look reasonable!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.25.2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

you win the internet today. i'd rep the shit out of you but i can only do it once

im not surprised, if i recall you were in the Blame Nader camp for Gore's loss.

again democracy is about respecting people's vote. if y'all want people to respect your choice its imperative that you respect theirs. respect doesn't imply liking it but it definitely means not casting insults

ilduclo 08.25.2016 03:14 PM

reps fer evilove and !@#$%!

evollove 08.25.2016 03:18 PM

Such, you live in Cali. Vote for Palin or Lee Renaldo or Hitler's ghost. It doesn't matter. In some states, such as mine, it does.

Quote:

Quote:

reps fer evilove and !@#$%!

My ideas aren't original--that On the Media episode was some dope shit--but I'll take whatever I can get.

The Soup Nazi 08.25.2016 03:44 PM

Quote:

-valerie plame

I was going to say that Virginia Madsen would have made a better Valerie Plame than Naomi Watts... but I just checked Madsen's Wikipedia page and it turns out she was involved with motherfucking Antonio Sábato Jr. for five years!