Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

!@#$%! 05.09.2015 09:24 AM

catching a bit of the bayern / augsburg game (0-0 at halftime), i was hoping to see a full bench in play. pep was resting neuer, rafinha, benatia, and alonso.

but then (i didn't see this), pepe reina got a red card. so neuer came in for lahm and the augsburg shooter missed the penalty. dammit, why did i miss that (sleeping, that's why).

anyway-- all this fucking commotion just 3 days ahead of the rematch vs. barcelona.

keeping fingers crossed-- here's to no injuries-- at least to avoid a massacre come tuesday.

===

augsburg won 1-0! at allianz arena! (stream interruptions kept me from seeing augsburg score) .

this is funny (both the weird & ha ha kind) -- bayern is already champion, but this part of the season is feeling horribly anticlimactic-- like teh room is caving in on them

==

ps- wtf lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUxPCTlRCLI

demonrail666 05.10.2015 03:11 PM

Watched Man C destroy QPR. 6-0 but that was more about how absolutely awful QPR were. Has there ever been a worse Prem team?

h8kurdt 05.10.2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Watched Man C destroy QPR. 6-0 but that was more about how absolutely awful QPR were. Has there ever been a worse Prem team?

Derby.

demonrail666 05.10.2015 04:45 PM

Maybe in terms of results/points but QPR just look like they're not even remotely interested.

h8kurdt 05.10.2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

Maybe in terms of results/points but QPR just look like they're not even remotely interested.

Yeah that's true. Just watching MOTD and there was Rob Green and Chris Ramsey hinting that shit was fucked up in the backroom. The pundits were loving it.

demonrail666 05.10.2015 08:29 PM

The only player who seems half way interested is Joey Barton.

!@#$%! 05.12.2015 09:39 AM

TODAY

Bayern Munich injuries and suspensions

Out: David Alaba (knee), Franck Ribery (ankle), Arjen Robben (calf), Holger Badstuber (thigh) In doubt: Sebastian Rode (hamstring), Tom Starke (ankle)

Barcelona injuries and suspensions

Out: None In doubt: None

==

i do look forward to seeing it, whatever happens

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.12.2015 09:52 AM

Wait, bayern still playing? Shoulda put that squad out of they misery

!@#$%! 05.12.2015 09:59 AM

when you're a warrior you gotta die standing

but long-term injuries by trying to force an unfit player on a desperate move would be stupid

i say let the kids join the fight-- wieser, gaudino, etc.

!@#$%! 05.12.2015 02:43 PM

well, fuck, i don't think the 2nd half will be bayern 5 barcelona 0

:(

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.12.2015 03:32 PM

At least its dead now and in a better place..

!@#$%! 05.12.2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
At least its dead now and in a better place..

ha ha! why are you advocating the killing of mules? that's just pure self-hate, mulehead!

===

bayern won, against all odds. that's death with dignity. they didn't make it to the next round but they fought well until the end. bravo!

an error by pep to take out muller for gotze though. muller was the heart of that last-ditch comeback. he's the one who wanted to win the most. gotze could have come in for someone else-- bernat for example. so i think that when pep congratulated luis enrique he whispered in his ear-- "we did it!". ha ha ha ha.

congrats to barcelona. now it's juve's turn to make the final!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.12.2015 04:22 PM

Ahem that is a horse yo

demonrail666 05.12.2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

bayern won, against all odds. that's death with dignity. they didn't make it to the next round but they fought well until the end. bravo!

an error by pep to take out muller for gotze though. muller was the heart of that last-ditch comeback. he's the one who wanted to win the most. gotze could have come in for someone else-- bernat for example. so i think that when pep congratulated luis enrique he whispered in his ear-- "we did it!". ha ha ha ha.

congrats to barcelona. now it's juve's turn to make the final!

I agree, it was almost exciting towards the end. If Benatia had converted that chance, with about 15 mins to go, to get Bayern's 4th, I think Barca would've been seriously rattled. After Enrique took off Suarez at half time, they kind of signalled for Bayern to really get at them, and, while a 4 goal turnaround was never realistically gonna happen in 45 minutes, I get the feeling Barca were quite relieved when the final whistle went.

And yeah, desperately hope Juve do it tonight.

!@#$%! 05.12.2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

And yeah, desperately hope Juve do it tonight.

do you realize what a barça/juve final could mean???????????

i can't stop laughing just thinking about it

demonrail666 05.13.2015 03:05 AM

Haha!!! God yeah, I'd not thought of that. Has to be Juve v Barca now, if just for that.

If it's Real I'll definitely be supporting Barca but even without the Suarez/Chiellini factor I wouldn't mind either Juve or Barca winning. In recognition of the best team right now, I suppose it should go to Barca. It'd be nice for Enrique, too, who I get the feeling is still in the shadow of Pep a bit - even though there's a good argument that this Barca is even better than the Pep era one. But there's a romance about Juve for me that I can't put my finger on but they were the first foreign team I ever really liked as a kid and remember buying their top as a pretentious Euro-phile proto-hipster teen (which inevitably backfired when I wore it around London and regularly got confused for a Geordie).

demonrail666 05.13.2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
do you realize what a barça/juve final could mean???????????

i can't stop laughing just thinking about it

Just been reminded that not only would he face Chiellini but Patrice "negrito" Evra, too.

!@#$%! 05.13.2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Geordie

took me a bit of wikipeadiaing to find this:

there's an outline for a hilarious bildungsroman hidden somewhere in that story

Quote:

Just been reminded that not only would he face Chiellini but Patrice "negrito" Evra, too.

bbhaaaa ahaaa haa

i hate to use hackneyed phrases, but if suarez didn't exist we'd have to invent him. that match looks super-promising.

h8kurdt 05.13.2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Haha!!! God yeah, I'd not thought of that. Has to be Juve v Barca now, if just for that.

If it's Real I'll definitely be supporting Barca but even without the Suarez/Chiellini factor I wouldn't mind either Juve or Barca winning. In recognition of the best team right now, I suppose it should go to Barca. It'd be nice for Enrique, too, who I get the feeling is still in the shadow of Pep a bit - even though there's a good argument that this Barca is even better than the Pep era one. But there's a romance about Juve for me that I can't put my finger on but they were the first foreign team I ever really liked as a kid and remember buying their top as a pretentious Euro-phile proto-hipster teen (which inevitably backfired when I wore it around London and regularly got confused for a Geordie).

Hah!

Well as usual the semis is turning out to be better than the finals ever will be, so for now I'm just enjoying the games we have.

Hoping for Juve to get through tonight. (yes, I said it), as the idea of ANOTHER el clasico just bores me.

demonrail666 05.13.2015 01:44 PM

I've gotta listen to it on the radio so won't have much of a clue what's going on, especially with Sam 'Alan Partridge' Matterface doing the commentary. Although at Least he's got Alvin Martin next to him instead of Stan Collymore.