Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   the other news (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=118544)

_tunic_ 11.27.2019 04:47 AM

there's another fire burning in California, this time it's near Santa Barbara where my dad lives. So far there's no houses destroyed, but he's in the yellow zone on this map. There's also a storm forecasted today or tomorrow, which is good to extinguish the fire, but it will bring mud slides possibly... and there's strong winds apparently too

choc e-Claire 12.05.2019 04:34 AM

And now for something completely different. :D

Canberra Times - Naked man steals Mt Isa local's KFC zinger box from his hands

Quote:

It's not every day that you get your dinner stolen from out of your hands, let alone by a man who is completely starkers with tattooed buttocks.

But that is exactly what happened when Mount Isa local Anthony walked out of KFC with his favourite zinger box on Wednesday December 4.

Anthony (who preferred we did not use his surname) said after a long day's work he was craving a zinger box for dinner around seven.

"The service was lovely, then I walk out while replying to a mate on my phone with my zinger box in my other hand," Anthony said.

"All of a sudden my zinger box gets snatched and I look up and someone's running away with it bare assed, I couldn't believe it."

Anthony said he stood still for what felt like a few minutes in utter disbelief as a naked man ran away with his food.

"I have this memory of a bloke with a tattoo on his backside running away with my chicken," he said.

Anthony eventually returned to KFC and purchased another zinger box.

_tunic_ 12.05.2019 06:08 AM

I wanted to say: Show us your buttocks and prove that it wasn't you. But that could get me arrested so forget what I just said

h8kurdt 12.06.2019 07:03 PM

Cheese making cunt, shittest member of Blur can't support Labour

"Your reminder that Blur formed at Goldsmiths University, to attend which no fees were payable and students received maintenance grants at the time.

Hopefully you heard that over the sound of a ladder being pulled up."

The lack of self awareness nis astounding

!@#$%! 12.06.2019 08:57 PM

welcome to america, england xD

i don’t know that i could vote for a daniel ortega admirer (and possible emulator) though...

choc e-Claire 12.06.2019 09:22 PM

Quite the charmless man, evidently.

h8kurdt 12.07.2019 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
welcome to america, england xD

i don’t know that i could vote for a daniel ortega admirer (and possible emulator) though...

Lol

demonrail666 12.07.2019 05:02 AM

Boris was car-crash levels of awful last night. His constant switching between "umm, err" bluster and "get Brexit done" was embarrassing. The country's being forced to choose between an unelectable leader and an unelectable manifesto.

choc e-Claire 12.07.2019 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
The country's being forced to choose between an unelectable leader and an unelectable manifesto.

Feel free to ignore this, but I feel like this might be Corbyn taking a gamble given the current scenarios. Were the Conservatives governed by anyone halfway competent, this Corbynite manifesto wouldn't have a chance.

So perhaps Corbyn feels that, considering how loathsome the alternative is, he may as well try and push something through that other people wouldn't support normally.

diocletia 12.07.2019 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Boris was car-crash levels of awful last night. His constant switching between "umm, err" bluster and "get Brexit done" was embarrassing. The country's being forced to choose between an unelectable leader and an unelectable manifesto.

"take back control"

lmao

demonrail666 12.07.2019 06:02 AM

^Claire

You might well be right. Although it works both ways. I'd argue that if Labour had a more realistic manifesto the Tories really could be in trouble, but as it stands I just think it scares off far more people than it will ever attract. Corbyn does come across better than Boris in these kinds of Presidential style debates, reflected by the reduced gap in their approval ratings, but the Tories overall lead stays the same. So it seems that while people may be starting to warm to Corbyn as a person, they're still put off of Labour as a party. But we do clearly live in strange political times, so who knows?

!@#$%! 12.11.2019 06:28 PM

how’s yr election coming along? and who will succeed corbyn post-crash?

demonrail666 12.12.2019 04:12 AM

The election is today with results only starting to come in the early hours of tomorrow morning.

As for who would replace Corbyn. Who knows? But whether he stands down at all will depend on how the party does today. If he does there'll be a split within the party between those who want to stick with Corbyn's agenda under another name (John Mcdonnell? Angela Rayner?) and those on the centre who would want someone completely different, like Keir Starmer.

!@#$%! 12.12.2019 07:39 AM

thanks for those names, i will keep an eye

all the polls i’ve seen look like shit for labor

!@#$%! 12.12.2019 10:39 AM

did you guys see alan moore on twatter?

https://twitter.com/Npton_South_CLP/...79412828811265

“if we have another 4 years of these monstrous, rapacious tories, we may not ever have another meaningful vote upon anything”

!@#$%! 12.12.2019 03:01 PM

1 hour(ish?) for first exit polls...

and what’s with taking your dog to vote?

h8kurdt 12.12.2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
thanks for those names, i will keep an eye

all the polls i’ve seen look like shit for labor

The polls are all over the place right now. Not seeing an outright majority for Corbyn but it could be interesting. Some reports are saying that Johnson's seat in Uxbridge is running the risk of an upset by Labour as the Libdem vote has collapsed there.

!@#$%! 12.12.2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
The polls are all over the place right now. Not seeing an outright majority for Corbyn but it could be interesting. Some reports are saying that Johnson's seat in Uxbridge is running the risk of an upset by Labour as the Libdem vote has collapsed there.

oh hahahahahahaha

that would be a coup...

h8kurdt 12.12.2019 05:02 PM

Grim. Just grim.

demonrail666 12.12.2019 05:07 PM

Exit polls look terrible for Labour.