Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40798)

!@#$%! 01.06.2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
How come nthe image for MARCO POLO on Netflix looks like Peter Dinklage?

that's how the actor looks like but he appears to me more as a ginger version of the guy from legend of the tweaker

dont worry, he's not in every shot though

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Trying to find a good political drama, I started MADAM SECRETARY with Tea Leoni. It was good but I swear I can't watch network TV anymore. Things just don't look right. It's not the absence of tits and fucks. Something else. Some gross gloss they put over everything.

they just make things fucking idiotic for maximum number of dolts glued to the screen

"ratings"

this is why boss died btw-- not enough morons could handle

!@#$%! 01.17.2015 02:22 PM

fargo

good show!!

!@#$%! 01.22.2015 10:33 AM

just saw werner herzog on parks & rec haaa haaa haaa

wtf

Rob Instigator 01.22.2015 10:36 AM

My wife got me into the Fargo TV show. very very good stuff. Billy Bob Thornton deserved his Golden Globe for best actor in miniseries.

I have been watching the new season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. There may be just one more season after this.

gmku 01.22.2015 12:29 PM

Just finished our Netflix Gilmore Girls binge. The first five seasons are very good. The last two stink, especially season 7.

We're now on to Doc Martin, via Netflix, one of those quirky and endearing Brit comedies. So far, okay.

Rob Instigator 01.26.2015 12:39 PM

My wife ground down my resistance to watching another drama, so we are now watching House of Cards on the Netflix. About 5 episodes into 1st season. So far so good. Nothing I have not seen or read about before, but it is well written.

!@#$%! 01.27.2015 10:53 AM

just started VIKINGS

a bit cheesy yes but highly entertaining

the shield maiden is my favorite character in the show.

Nefeli 01.27.2015 12:27 PM

http://timbarron.net/entertainment/b...tv_series.html

schizophrenicroom 01.27.2015 03:35 PM

togetherness on hbo is good; mark duplass from the league and his bro coproduce and mark stars. i have a huge crush on him so that helps.

demonrail666 01.29.2015 04:30 PM

Chrisley Knows Best. I'm annoyingly addicted.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.06.2015 01:21 AM

Actually enjoyed this Shitty Punk BBQ on Portlandia, was funny but possibly just because i jcame up in the crusty scene

schizophrenicroom 02.06.2015 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Chrisley Knows Best. I'm annoyingly addicted.

hahah, when chase rents the strippers and they show up at Todd's room was pretty funny

Toilet & Bowels 02.06.2015 02:34 AM

Finally watching the final season of 6 Feet Under, 10 years after I saw season 4. I was crying like a baby during the scene when David is washing Nate's dead body, and also at the burial.

schizophrenicroom 02.06.2015 03:50 AM

ugh. nates death still hurts.

Toilet & Bowels 02.06.2015 07:23 AM

With the perspective of age Nate is way more of a douch than I remember him being before. It was more the family's grief that made me turn on the waterworks.

!@#$%! 02.06.2015 09:57 AM

recently watched all 3 (short, tiny) seasons of LUTHER.

damn good character. nice stories & plots too-- except that they kill too many women (why is that?). one thing that struck me was how crime victims act so defenseless before their attackers. everyone helpless, not even calling the police. cops confronting shotguns with fists? ha ha ha. anyway... good show.

gmku 02.06.2015 10:32 AM

I can highly recommend the UK's Doc Martin. We're into Series 5 via Netflix. A bit silly and fluffy but entertaining in its own right. It is apparently very popular across the pond.

!@#$%! 02.06.2015 10:54 AM

^^ wife and i watched that and couldn't stand doc martin's girlfriend/wife. i mean she hooked up with an eccentric-- she should own that. instead of appreciating the guy for his own qualities she keeps expecting and demanding that he acts normal, and keeps bailing out at the smallest disappointment. she's a fucking idiot.

gmku 02.06.2015 11:25 AM

^ Yep. Agree completely. We love to hate that part. We kept wondering what she found attractive about him, since she kept complaining about him. Go find someone else, then, you nutcase.

EVOLghost 02.06.2015 04:13 PM