Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

StevOK 08.23.2008 10:35 PM

random photo from something awful:

schizophrenicroom 08.23.2008 10:35 PM

good luck! you'll be awesome. where's the interview?

terriblecanyons 08.23.2008 10:39 PM

Buckle - in the mall. My favorite store. If I land this job, it'll be so awesome, since it's only a few blocks from the college and I'd get 40% off clothes!

schizophrenicroom 08.23.2008 10:42 PM

ooh, i've never actually been in, but i like their clothes. good luck.

i love being the only one up in this house.

terriblecanyons 08.23.2008 10:44 PM

Thanks.

me too.

krastian 08.23.2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
I'll try. That's always something I have problems with when it comes to interviews.

Yeah, interviews can be stressful, but I think it really helps to go in with confidence and a positive attitude.

It also helps to imagine yourself succeeding in the interview and to think yourself, "Oh, I got this."

You'll be fine.

schizophrenicroom 08.23.2008 10:46 PM

canyons- both the folks and sean are collapsed on the couch. it's creepy.

terriblecanyons 08.23.2008 10:48 PM

Weird. They're usually psychotic about sean sleeping in his room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Yeah, interviews can be stressful, but I think it really helps to go in with confidence and a positive attitude.

It also helps to imagine yourself succeeding in the interview and to think yourself, "Oh, I got this."

You'll be fine.

That's a good idea. I've lost many a job opportunity because I was young and self-conscious and very shaken by the idea of an interview. Hopefully I've got this in the bag, since practically everyone at the store knows me already.

schizophrenicroom 08.23.2008 10:52 PM

speak of the devils, now everyone moved.

terriblecanyons 08.23.2008 10:53 PM

Damn. Doesn't Sean start middle school this year? Is he psyched?

schizophrenicroom 08.23.2008 10:56 PM

oh, he's in seventh grade. he loves it. sometime this week we have to go buy his clarinet for band.

krastian 08.23.2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
Weird. They're usually psychotic about sean sleeping in his room.

That's a good idea. I've lost many a job opportunity because I was young and self-conscious and very shaken by the idea of an interview. Hopefully I've got this in the bag, since practically everyone at the store knows me already.

It's always good to have a gameplan and the more interviews you have, the better you will be at them.

Def. Google "preparing for a job interview" or "job interview tips" to get a refresher about the kinds of standard questions that you'll be asked.

Kill and destroy etc.

terriblecanyons 08.23.2008 10:58 PM

Oh god... Sean with a clarinet. Somehow it works.

terriblecanyons 08.23.2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
It's always good to have a gameplan and the more interviews you have, the better you will be at them.

Def. Google "preparing for a job interview" or "job interview tips" to get a refresher about the kinds of standard questions that you'll be asked.

Kill and destroy etc.

The only thing I'm worried about is when they start asking those "what are you strength/weaknesses" questions. I HATE those. Hopefully they won't ask them... at all.

schizophrenicroom 08.23.2008 11:03 PM

i personally think it's practice for future lifestyles, but he wants to be a musician when he grows up and thinks it's a good place to start.

terriblecanyons 08.23.2008 11:05 PM

Haha. I'm usually able to guess what people will do with the rest of their lives - with Sean, I honestly have no clue whatsoever.

schizophrenicroom 08.23.2008 11:08 PM

for some reason last night, i was compelled to look for cirque du soleil job openings, and i thought maybe if i was a bit more limber and azn i could take on the acrobat job

and i realized

i could just force sean to do a split and he'd be able to do ANYTHING from there and could take the job

i can see him doing literally everything ever in the future.

ALIEN ANAL 08.23.2008 11:10 PM

man thats a cool idea schizo

re you watching a movie?

schizophrenicroom 08.23.2008 11:13 PM

oh, sean is my thoroughly kickass little brother. he could be a movie if he wanted.

terriblecanyons 08.23.2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
for some reason last night, i was compelled to look for cirque du soleil job openings, and i thought maybe if i was a bit more limber and azn i could take on the acrobat job

and i realized

i could just force sean to do a split and he'd be able to do ANYTHING from there and could take the job

i can see him doing literally everything ever in the future.

I think you and I should try out for those scary clown jobs that freak the shit out of anyone under the age of 80.

Sean would be an awesome acrobat.