Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café IV (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=110922)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.29.2015 05:18 PM

Meh. Dre sucks and so does Cube

Even in Westside Connection i was always waiting for cube to shut up and Mack 10 and WC verses

Severian 07.30.2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Meh. Dre sucks and so does Cube

Even in Westside Connection i was always waiting for cube to shut up and Mack 10 and WC verses

I thought you were a massive Dre fan. Do you mean he sucks now, because he's basically just a salesman at the best of times, and a professional sellout at the worst? Or are you saying Dre has always sucked?

Severian 07.30.2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
so um, Cube says Dre is dropping a new album... this week.

Cube also says, "Yes, KoRn, I would love to collaborate with you on something awful that history will eventually pretend never happened!" and "Yes, Hollywood Film Studio, I will debase myself in a bunch of terrible slapstick family comedies with good Christian messages."

So... y'know ... we'll see about all this.

;)

Rob Instigator 07.30.2015 03:26 PM

50 year old millionaires trying to talk to their people? Does Warren Buffet listen to rap?

noisereductions 07.30.2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Cube also says, "Yes, KoRn, I would love to collaborate with you on something awful that history will eventually pretend never happened!" and "Yes, Hollywood Film Studio, I will debase myself in a bunch of terrible slapstick family comedies with good Christian messages."

So... y'know ... we'll see about all this.

;)

Q-Tip also collaborated w/ Korn. I know you're not gonna badmouth Tip to me, bruh.

Toilet & Bowels 07.30.2015 04:22 PM

Well if he collaborated with Korn he deserves everything he gets, apart from the $$$ be probably got for this grave misdeed.

Anywho, on a lighter note I came across this today, never heard of this guy and he's good.
Pep Love - Act Phenom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNBe81Ls2Tg

noisereductions 07.30.2015 05:22 PM

Pep Love is partvof Heiro

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.30.2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

I thought you were a massive Dre fan. Do you mean he sucks now, because he's basically just a salesman at the best of times, and a professional sellout at the worst? Or are you saying Dre has always sucked?

Nope. Never liked Dre. Not in NWA.. not in DeathRow.. definitely not in Chronic 2001

Toilet & Bowels 07.30.2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Pep Love is partvof Heiro

Yes, I know that now. I'd never really got round to checking them out.

noisereductions 07.30.2015 06:04 PM

Then your next stop is Del and Souls of Mischief!

Toilet & Bowels 07.30.2015 06:13 PM

I'm not that found of Del. I got that Deltron 3030 album when it came out and people wouldn't shut up about it, but I only liked track 5.
This one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCXwl7XBiQ

Plus I hate that song Mistadobalina

noisereductions 07.30.2015 06:46 PM

Check out "catch a bad one" or "missing link" w Dino Jr

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.30.2015 07:02 PM

time astonishing full album

This Kool Keith is brilliant.

Severian 07.30.2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I'm not that found of Del. I got that Deltron 3030 album when it came out and people wouldn't shut up about it, but I only liked track 5.
This one:

Dude, Everybody hates Mistadobalina.

Del was one of my first loves as a rap fan, and I fucking bloody loathe Mistadobafuckinglina.

When he's on, though, he's on. And I recommend giving Deltron 3030 (#1, not #2) another listen now that it's not every white British kid's favorite album.

And definitely check out Souls of Mischief. 93 til infinity is a fucking masterpiece.

Severian 07.30.2015 10:35 PM

From Time? Astonishing! by Kool Keith/L'Orange

"Twenty Fifty-Three (feat. Mr. Lif)"
"Dr. Bipolar"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.30.2015 11:44 PM

Quote:

From Time? Astonishing! by Kool Keith/L'Orange

"Twenty Fifty-Three (feat. Mr. Lif)"
"Dr. Bipolar"

Ahem..
Quote:

time astonishing full album

This Kool Keith is brilliant.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.30.2015 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
I imagine Genteel in a circle jerk with clones of himself and with that guy from Frankie goes to Hollywood and Genesus P-Orridge..who's packed wit some fat titties and me taking the money shot in his eyeball spread mark- bitch style.

it's his thang. I sweat in the heat and he sucks in heat.

what a CENSORED prick!!!

Ok i thought you were new here but clearly not, who are you? Wait.. i think i answered my own question me.. PM me

Toilet & Bowels 07.31.2015 03:39 AM

Quote:

When he's on, though, he's on. And I recommend giving Deltron 3030 (#1, not #2) another listen now that it's not every white British kid's favorite album.

And definitely check out Souls of Mischief. 93 til infinity is a fucking masterpiece.

Yes, it is a masterpiece, but that is a pretty well known song. I guess what I meant is in not checking out Heiro I had some how missed that Del and Souls of Mischief were part of that crew.

Anyway, I think it's just safe for me to say I don't like Del, I'll check out the song he did with Dino Jr for the sake of WTF but I'd be surprised if enjoy it.

noisereductions 07.31.2015 07:55 AM

think he meant the album 93 Til Infinity, T&B. Not just the song.

I also loved their 2nd album No Man's Land which got so slept on.

OH! And check out "Cab Fare" a rare track for years which sampled Bob James' theme from Taxi. (What was that called? "Angela's Song" or something like that?) It's dope.

The Del/Dino track is awesome, me thinks.

Heiro was always a really weird and interesting group. Certainly hit or miss. But interesting no doubt.

I'll stop pushing Del, but another recommendation from a crew member: Casual "Me-O-Mi-O"

h8kurdt 08.02.2015 08:16 AM

New Dre is out August 7th. Not sure how about I feel about it to be honest. It's gonna be interesting that's for sure.

h8kurdt 08.02.2015 08:17 AM

A few days ago, Ice Cube said that the soundtrack to the upcoming N.W.A. biopic Straight Outta Compton was coming soon and would be a new Dr. Dre album “inspired by Compton.” Now, as Pitchfork points out, Dr. Dre has just officially announced his third solo album Compton: The Soundtrack on his Beats 1 radio show The Pharmacy, where he was joined by Ice Cube and Straight Outta Compton director F. Gary Gray. The LP will be released this coming Friday as an Apple Music exclusive. Dre also revealed that the long-awaited Detox never came out because he wasn’t happy with it and scrapped the whole thing: “I didn’t like it. It wasn’t good,” he said. “The record, it just wasn’t good … I worked my ass off on it, and I don’t think I did a good enough job.”

Here’s the full Compton: The Soundtrack tracklist:

01 “Intro”
02 “Talk About It” (Feat. King Mez & Justus)
03 “Genocide” (Feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay)
04 “It’s All On Me” (Feat. Justus & BJ The Chicago Kid)
05 “All In A Day’s Work” (Feat. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius)
06 “Darkside/Gone” (Feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar)
07 “Loose Cannons” (Feat. Xzibit & COLD 187um)
08 “Issues” (Feat. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak)
09 “Deep Water” (Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Justus)
10 Jon Connor – “One Shot One Kill” (Feat. Snoop Dogg)
11 The Game – “Just Another Day” (Feat. Asia Bryant)
12 “For The Love Of Money” (Feat. Jill Scott & Jon Connor)
13 “Satisfiction” (Feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez)
14 “Animals” (Feat. Anderson Paak)
15 “Medicine Man” (Feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak)
16 “Talking To My Diary”

Compton: The Soundtrack is out 8/7 on Apple Music, and you can pre-order it here. Straight Outta Compton hits theaters 8/14.

noisereductions 08.02.2015 08:32 PM

cautiously optimistic.

For an album called "Compton," hoped to see more YG and Vince Staples and less Eminem.

Excited that The Game got a track tho.

noisereductions 08.05.2015 04:02 PM

y'all saw that this happened?

Toilet & Bowels 08.05.2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

For an album called "Compton," hoped to see more YG and Vince Staples and less Eminem.

Too bad Tim Dog's not around any more.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.06.2015 12:07 AM

Quote:

y'all saw that this happened?

KD and Harden best to be worried

Severian 08.07.2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

This one:

So, you didn't like "3030"?

Toilet & Bowels 08.07.2015 08:01 PM

Yeah, I didn't. And I still don't.

To be exact, I don't like Del at all, and The Automator is at best a hit and miss producer.

noisereductions 08.07.2015 09:06 PM

Not liking 3030 is weird to me. I like that album more than Octo even. But to each his own.

h8kurdt 08.08.2015 04:34 AM

So no one is going to talk about it?

I'm only on the second listen of Compton, but so far it feels pretty uneven. A few more listens and maybe I'll dig the tracks that aren't moving me (Darkside/Gone being the main example). One thing that can't be faulted is Dre's production. Man, oh man he did good on that accord.

h8kurdt 08.08.2015 04:54 AM

Oh and Em kills his verse.

Toilet & Bowels 08.08.2015 05:47 AM

Dr Dre is equal to Foo Fighters or Green Day

Toilet & Bowels 08.08.2015 05:49 AM

Quote:

Not liking 3030 is weird to me. I like that album more than Octo even. But to each his own.

I only like about 6 tracks on Octo*. Give me Black Elvis or Cenubites over that record anyday.

*To be fair the 6 or so tracks on that record that I like are all amazing though and I love them.

h8kurdt 08.08.2015 08:39 AM

Quote:

Dr Dre is equal to Foo Fighters or Green Day

You could say that, but you'd be wrong. He isn't really is he. Like, at all. To the point where I can't even see half a comparison. Or is this one of those "he's popular, so he's shit, innit" comments?

noisereductions 08.08.2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

I only like about 6 tracks on Octo*. Give me Black Elvis or Cenubites over that record anyday.

*To be fair the 6 or so tracks on that record that I like are all amazing though and I love them.

Black Elvis is awesome. So underrated. Also weird to hear a Kool Keith LP with no swears. Crazy he dropped that and First Come in the same year. Such a winning streak.

Cenubites is good, sure. But not in my top tier Keith work.

noisereductions 08.08.2015 12:57 PM

Sean Price died :(

http://pitchfork.com/news/60727-rapp...rice-has-died/

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.08.2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
You could say that, but you'd be wrong. He isn't really is he. Like, at all. To the point where I can't even see half a comparison. Or is this one of those "he's popular, so he's shit, innit" comments?

I agree, i wouldn't dare diss Foo Fighters like that.. dre is much worse

Toilet & Bowels 08.08.2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

I agree, i wouldn't dare diss Foo Fighters like that.. dre is much worse

That's true, Dave Grohl has a reputation for being a super nice dude, plus he's from the same town as my girlfriend and the word around there is that he's a great guy. Dre on the other hand is a known woman beater.

h8kurdt 08.08.2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

That's true, Dave Grohl has a reputation for being a super nice dude, plus he's from the same town as my girlfriend and the word around there is that he's a great guy. Dre on the other hand is a known woman beater.

So was John Lennon but that hasn't stopped people listening to The Beatles.

Severian 08.08.2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Aw, WHAT?! Fuck, man!

Severian 08.08.2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
So was John Lennon but that hasn't stopped people listening to The Beatles.

Whoah whoah whoah... I'm not sure it's fair to say he had a "reputation" for smacking women around. But he almost definitely smacked some women around. Most people, I find, are blind to this side of his character.

Not sure what point I'm trying to make here.

Have you read LENNON, by any chance?