Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

!@#$%! 07.28.2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yup

that's too bad. anyone who punches a tv puss deserves public honors. tv pusses are the kind of people who instead of returning a punch hide under a table screaming "i'll sue you..."

actually i don't know wtf really happened but still. any day a tv puss gets punched is a good day. regardless of who or how. chepo should get a free pass.

---

chepo! wtf am i mumbling about. piojo herrera. i need sleep.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.29.2015 01:18 PM

Oh, i supported Marshon Lynch and the "Yall Know Why Im Here" anti press campaign and it was hilarious reading all the sports media hypocritically tirade against him in all there indignant articles.. but there is an unspoken rule that coaches don't get into squabbles with the media. And i am admittedly biased against the MEHxico team

!@#$%! 07.29.2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Oh, i supported Marshon Lynch and the "Yall Know Why Im Here" anti press campaign and it was hilarious reading all the sports media hypocritically tirade against him in all there indignant articles.. but there is an unspoken rule that coaches don't get into squabbles with the media. And i am admittedly biased against the MEHxico team

i don't know wtf is marshon (no need to explain) but this is good for team usa playing vs. mexico in october to see who goes to this confederations dog & pony show.

demonrail666 07.30.2015 02:46 AM

Any change in leadership to the Mexico team has to be seen as a potential long term benefit. They're one of the most underachieving teams in world football. They should be a power house. I'm not saying replacing Herrera will unlock their potential (right now they just don't have the players) but surely eventually someone will come along, with a better squad to play with, who does.

!@#$%! 07.30.2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Any change in leadership to the Mexico team has to be seen as a potential long term benefit. They're one of the most underachieving teams in world football. They should be a power house. I'm not saying replacing Herrera will unlock their potential (right now they just don't have the players) but surely eventually someone will come along, with a better squad to play with, who does.

really? i don't think they have the players to be a powerhouse. their most creative player of the last few years, giovanni dos santos, is meekly joining the MLS at the ripe age of 26 after failing to make it in spain. chicharito the goalpoacher? how did that work out for him at man u or real madrid?

the best i've ever seen them play was at the last world cup-- under herrera. and vs. chile at the copa américa they put on a nice show. but no powerhouse, they don't have the players. not shitting on them, honest-- but they produce better boxers than futbolistas.

and you should have seen them before herrera-- they were a motherfucking disgrace.

so sorry about piojo going. is it wrong for an adult to punch another man at an airport? yes, it's wrong. so, make him pay a fine or throw him for a weekend in jail or give him lashes or something. mexico just fucked themselves out of their best coach in years.

demonrail666 07.30.2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
really? i don't think they have the players to be a powerhouse. their most creative player of the last few years, giovanni dos santos, is meekly joining the MLS at the ripe age of 26 after failing to make it in spain. chicharito the goalpoacher? how did that work out for him at man u or real madrid?

No I agree, but for a country of that size and which seems to have a strong football culture (I think) it just seems weird that they haven't produced more players. Is football not their national sport?

!@#$%! 07.30.2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

No I agree, but for a country of that size and which seems to have a strong football culture (I think) it just seems weird that they haven't produced more players. Is football not their national sport?

it's definitely the most popular one, but it's curiously divided. depends on the region-- they play a lot of béisbol too in some parts. but still, yeah...

i don't know why they haven't produced a lot of great talent. hugo sánchez comes to mind, but beyond him who else?

demonrail666 07.31.2015 11:24 AM

Just watched a replay of west ham throwing away a 2 goal lead. Starting to wonder if they just want out of the europa league. Definitely wouldn't mind if they do.

!@#$%! 07.31.2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Just watched a replay of west ham throwing away a 2 goal lead. Starting to wonder if they just want out of the europa league. Definitely wouldn't mind if they do.

is that an europa qualifier?

demonrail666 07.31.2015 11:57 AM

Pre-qualifier! We're not even in the group stage yet. It's a joke. This is gonna be a really hard season in the Prem and we could do without the distractions of a crappy tournament we stand next to no chance of winning anyway. As it is we've already sustained 2 injuries we really can't afford.

The irony is we only got in through a fair play award but since getting our new manager we've had 3 red cards in 5 games.

Sooner we're ejected the better.

!@#$%! 07.31.2015 11:59 AM

right right-- you got on the fringes and are trying to get eliminated. makes perfect sense on getting out without defying fifa.

so who was your new manager? i know i could google that easily but then i'd miss your followup commentary

demonrail666 07.31.2015 12:18 PM

It's Slaven Bilic. Ex West Ham player (and Everton), Croatian national coach. Loves his ciggies. Bit of a hothead: he was sent to the stands last night for getting in the referee's face. Whether he makes the grade in the Prem, who knows, but I like him. We're actually exciting to watch again. My girlfriend wants to fuck him.

http://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?k...WQAEK9g1 .jpg

!@#$%! 07.31.2015 12:25 PM

haaa haaaa haaaa haaaaaa

dang

demonrail666 07.31.2015 12:36 PM

Aspects of his personality actually remind me a bit of Klopp. That weird mix of aggressive intensity and almost stoner laid backness.

!@#$%! 07.31.2015 12:47 PM

just read his wikipedia

looks like he gets thrown out OFTEN

!@#$%! 07.31.2015 12:49 PM

fuck, power out again. gotta save batt for emergencies. chat later!

demonrail666 07.31.2015 01:13 PM

He's a big risk for sure. He wasn't my first or even second choice. He only got it because the other targets the board were after turned us down and Bilic apparently really loves the club and has a genuine bond with the fans. Unlike with Sam the fans really want him to succeed, so they'll give him more time and accept the occasional dip in performance, for a while anyway, so long as we keep playing attractive attacking football and aren't in danger of getting relegated. Would I have preferred Bielsa, or Emery? Definitely. But it wasn't to be and realistically we aren't big enough to attract that calibre of manager. Bilic was a realistic appointment and a generally popular one with the fans, I'd say. And he's already attracting some real quality flair players. Look out for Dimitri Payet this season. He looks really good. A real assist-machine by the looks of things, excellent on the ball, beautiful passer, and, as such, the very kind of player Sam would've never even considered.

Fingers crossed.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.31.2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don't know wtf is marshon (no need to explain) but this is good for team usa playing vs. mexico in october to see who goes to this confederations dog & pony show.

Hahaha you really do live under some NM rock yo..

!@#$%! 07.31.2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Hahaha you really do live under some NM rock yo..

i live on a mountain actually

and power was just restored.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.31.2015 01:39 PM

Mexico has very successful domestic leagues, their players aren't ever interested in playing abroad in "more competitive" leagues because they make a good living playing at home and have a good local celebrity following. Mexico does has fantastic futbol culture, they just aren't interested in playing elsewhere. And !@#$! is spot on, internationally they develop better boxers..