Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

EVOLghost 11.03.2009 12:53 PM

wow they added ABout a Girl, School, and Blew on Rock Band DLC....

I was just looking at the list and wow. I haven't dl'd new tracks in a loooong time. heh.

floatingslowly 11.03.2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
so like.....what is there to do now?

still the same game!

I'm starting over from scratch though.
I've never really played horde, so I'm going to give that a try.

I just don't know if I want to play pally or warrior.

pally is pretty and can heal, but warrior sounds more fun.

at this point, I'll be making an Orc warrior after work.

dirty bunny 11.03.2009 04:09 PM

welcome to the dark side of the force!

for the record, I hate pallies now, well ret ones anyway. they're too overpowered.

EVOLghost 11.03.2009 05:28 PM

guh....how I wish I was horde.

floatingslowly 11.04.2009 09:27 AM

you can be for $30 now. fuck that, I'll just level one myself.

bunny how is yr server? are you in a good guild? do they need another pally/warrior/maybe druid?

it's lonesome when all yr new friends are people that you've spent 4 years killing.

noisereductions 11.04.2009 10:30 AM

atsonicpark 11.04.2009 10:34 AM

Majora's

fucking

Mask

noisereductions 11.04.2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Majora's

fucking

Mask

I should rock that soon. I finally got the Gamecube port. Never played it cuz I never had a N64.

ni'k 11.04.2009 10:40 AM

what's the difference between the n64 version and the gamecube version?

atsonicpark 11.04.2009 10:48 AM

not much, if anything

the gamecube version has a bunch of zelda games with it, there was a time (with the game boy player) you could play nearly every zelda game ever on the gamecube.

Trasher02 11.04.2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Majora's

fucking

Mask

Fuck yeah

noisereductions 11.04.2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

not much, if anything

the gamecube version has a bunch of zelda games with it, there was a time (with the game boy player) you could play nearly every zelda game ever on the gamecube.

need I say it again? The Gamecube/Gameboy Player combo is THE BEST console ever. Ever.

But yeah, The Legend Of Zelda: Collector's Edition is a Gamecube disc that has Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina and Majora all on one disc. They are not ports or remakes, but actually just emulated versions of the original. So they are faithful. Great disc to own.

And as Adam pointed out, that disc + Windwaker (GC), Twilight Princess (GC), Four Swords Adventure (GC), Ocarina Master's Quest (GC), Link's Awakening (GB), Oracle of Time (GBC), Oracle Of Seasons (GBC), Minish Cap (GBA), Link To The Past (GBA) = a whole lot of Zelda!!

ni'k 11.04.2009 11:25 AM

i actually had that disc. friend stole it off a guy and lent it to me, never asked for it back in the end.

i played twilight princess for gamecube and was thoroughly unimpressed to be honest. no originality, just ocarina remade. i waited the entire 9 year gap between them being released for fuck sake i was expecting something better.

is twilight for the wii any better?

noisereductions 11.04.2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
i waited the entire 9 year gap between them being released for fuck sake i was expecting something better.

you consider the 9 years that saw the release of Majora's Mask, Oracle Of Seasons, Oracle Of Ages, Four Swords, Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, and The Minish Cap to be "a gap"?

ni'k 11.04.2009 11:46 AM

fair enough although i never got minish cap or even got to play 4 swords.

wind waker was a massive disapointment, never completed it either.

noisereductions 11.04.2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k

wind waker was a massive disapointment

I vastly disagree with you on this one.

Rob Instigator 11.04.2009 12:35 PM

wind waker was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just flast out awesome. I loved zonin out while sailing the high seas and looking for sunken treasure.

atsonicpark 11.04.2009 12:39 PM

wind waker would be my favorite zelda game if it wasn't for the awful endgame triforce fetch quest

Derek 11.04.2009 01:02 PM

Yes, that part is fucking horrible! Takes so long and is so unrewarding.

noisereductions 11.04.2009 01:03 PM

Wind Waker is my 2nd favorite Zelda game, right after Link To The Past. Wind Waker was one of those games that just floored me, like whoa.