Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Effects (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8597)

CHOUT 06.20.2007 02:56 AM

I modded my Mighty Mouse with an extra toggle to easily switch between Turbo Rat and Vintage Rat specs...success. I just gotta find a drill for the switch.

In other pedal news...
Kegmama got a Small Clone today new for cheap...maybe she mentioned this elsewhere on here.

king_buzzo 06.21.2007 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT

In other pedal news...
Kegmama got a Small Clone today new for cheap...maybe she mentioned this elsewhere on here.

Cool. I dislike chorus though. But anything EHX gets a nod of approval from me.

roight?

what're you GASimg for? I really want an Alesis Nano Verb, a Russian Muff and a trem pedal. and another thing

A BLOODY DECENT AMP. you know whats bullshit? music stores around here only have solid state metalhead amps. that is complete green diahhorea anal fudge. Its annoying. Suggest an amplifire for me. now. I was thinking a fender bluez deluxe but i dont know. or is there a decent tube state marshall at a cool price? tell me i want to know wwww ww

drrrtyboots 06.21.2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
Cool. I dislike chorus though. But anything EHX gets a nod of approval from me.

roight?

what're you GASimg for? I really want an Alesis Nano Verb, a Russian Muff and a trem pedal. and another thing

A BLOODY DECENT AMP. you know whats bullshit? music stores around here only have solid state metalhead amps. that is complete green diahhorea anal fudge. Its annoying. Suggest an amplifire for me. now. I was thinking a fender bluez deluxe but i dont know. or is there a decent tube state marshall at a cool price? tell me i want to know wwww ww

www.harmony-central.com

I thought I remember hearing that the cheaper marshalls were pretty shitty, the heads anyway. But i forget where from. I'm getting an 80w traynor twin in a month or so but most of the tubed fenders that don't meet up to the reissues don't sound half bad, i'm sure a bunch of people have the devilles and hot rods here.

scott v 06.21.2007 04:40 PM

a couple of years ago i had a hot rod deluxe and sold it to a friend in exchange for a mid 70's souped up silverfaced fender twin that is so LOUD and AMAZING but now its starting to have some noise, like girggly type of hissing and light fuzz, similar to the background sounds on the song Providence on Daydream Nation but its not that loud... it does it when nothing is plugged into the amp, so i need to get it serviced. it could be the Tubes (though they've been replaced not long ago) or worse yet the caps are getting fried.

king_buzzo 06.24.2007 06:25 AM

i'm thinking about the Fender Blues Deluxe, it's affordable and cool.

CHOUT 06.26.2007 01:26 AM

I did a mid scoop-boost-flat toggle mod today to my Large Beaver (BYOC's Bigmuff clone). It's fucking sick, way more versatile. Mods are pretty easy with a clear diagram.

I'm also doing a vibrato mod to my Small Clone, but I can't seem to find the right resistor to add the toggle to.

Just A Big Stone 06.26.2007 05:14 AM

king_buzzo 06.26.2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just A Big Stone

thats pretty awesome!

soapbars 06.26.2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just A Big Stone

nice pedals and great signature,

Just A Big Stone 06.27.2007 05:33 AM

; thanx guys!!!

submit_button 07.02.2007 03:24 AM

BOSS ME-50.

submit_button 07.02.2007 03:25 AM

Can i get anybody's opinion on it?

king_buzzo 07.02.2007 08:30 AM

i dislike multi's. thats it. My uncles band uses them a lot simply cause they dont have the money/ time to find single effects. they can be cool when making your own sounds and stuff. so yeah...

anywho....

I WANT BLOODY NEW GEAR!!!!

WHITE FENDER BLUES DELUXE'S ARE RAD.

soapbars 07.02.2007 10:00 AM

i had a boss me-50

honestly i didnt like it, it sounds sterile and tacky, i didnt even realise how bad it actually was until i got some decent pedals

submit_button 07.02.2007 12:59 PM

Why does no one like multi-effects?

king_buzzo 07.02.2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by submit_button
Why does no one like multi-effects?

if they sounded better and were easier to use i would like them. i think theyre pretty good noise devices though, some awesome feedback. but i think you will do better with real pedals.

Marolo 07.02.2007 05:47 PM

I have an Alesis Ineko table-top stereo effects processor. It's cute , I like it. it's got 48 different 'dramatic effects. I don't use it on guitars though, just vocals usually

Danny Himself 07.02.2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by submit_button
BOSS ME-50.

I've messed around with one, it's cool for vocal effects. Pretty tricky to use every effect to it's full capability, so you need to spend some time with the unit until you get to know it.

CHOUT 07.02.2007 07:31 PM

Multi effects are ok...my friend has that boss one and it sounds fine to me...most people in the audience (except us gear dorks) won't care what you are using to get your sounds.

Danny Himself 07.08.2007 10:40 AM

Here's something for you effects junkies.

How would one go about achieving the classic 50s rock and roll vocal microphone sound? I know it just sounds like some heavy reverb but there's something else in there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2BvKB-eOR9M The song at the end should show you what I'm talking about, listen to the mic.