Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Effects (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8597)

The Usher 07.15.2007 02:25 PM

Hey, I need some advice on which pedal to buy:

Choice:

1. Electro-Harmonix Small Clone chorus

or

Big Muff

I know these are kinda different pedals, but I just can't make a decision. I only have 1 pedal, which is the Boss DS-2...

Anyway, let me know if you have either and what you think,

cheers!

CHOUT 07.15.2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Usher

Choice:

or

Big Muff

I know these are kinda different pedals, but I just can't make a decision. I only have 1 pedal, which is the Boss DS-2...

cheers!

Well, you already have a distortion...so the chorus would be new to you. Small Clones rule.

Sonic Youth 37 07.15.2007 03:05 PM

I got my Big Muff today! I super-glued the plastic nuts back together and put them on, they're a bit loose but it sounds great!

CHOUT 07.15.2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I got my Big Muff today! I super-glued the plastic nuts back together and put them on, they're a bit loose but it sounds great!

right on man.

finding nobody 07.15.2007 03:22 PM

Oh yeah
Got me poly chorus it rules

^ A truely inciteful post

finding nobody 07.15.2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Usher

Choice:

or

Big Muff

cheers!

Forget the Small Clone. Get Poly Chorus. Small Clone is the watered down version of the poly chorus

No comparison

k-krack 07.15.2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Here's something for you effects junkies.

How would one go about achieving the classic 50s rock and roll vocal microphone sound? I know it just sounds like some heavy reverb but there's something else in there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2BvKB-eOR9M The song at the end should show you what I'm talking about, listen to the mic.

See: What Win is singin' into. LOUDSPEAKER.

Oh, but that mic just sound liks it's huge reverb. Like he's in a giant chamber. JUST GET SOME REVERB, BRO!

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 07.15.2007 09:41 PM

Danelectro delay, I use it for reverb though.
I like lots and lots of reverb.
A hint of distortion.
Every once in a while I'll use the danelectro octave distortion.

Sonic Youth 37 07.15.2007 09:58 PM

New pic of the small pedal army
(Big Muff is the most recent addition)

submit_button 07.15.2007 10:01 PM

I was thinking about getting a wah pedal, since I hate having to step hard on my ME-50. I'm affraid that I will break it.

Any suggestions about wah pedals?
Or should I build my own...?

Sonic Youth 37 07.15.2007 10:05 PM

Mine is just a plain Dunlop Cry-Baby, just the standard model. It could do more, but I don't use it for face-melting, so I don't mind it.

I say go with the Fasel Cry-Baby or the Vox wah

CHOUT 07.15.2007 11:04 PM

[quote=finding nobody]Forget the Small Clone. Get Poly Chorus. Small Clone is the watered down version of the poly chorus

No comparison

More like a scaled-down version. The Small Clone is the best I've heard in it's range and I use it lots...so if you want basic, Small Clone and if you want infinitely tweakable, get a Poly Chorus.

How do you like your polychorus, finding nobody? I asked you about it a while ago in your thread you started.

CHOUT 07.15.2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypertonic
Hey guess what!!! I just got a pedal from my mom that she picked up at a garage sale.... and... it's a Poly Chorus! Haven't even hooked it up really yet. okay sorry for gloating.... I'll end it here...;)

Gotta tell us how much she paid!

CHOUT 07.15.2007 11:41 PM

Nice score!

CHOUT 07.16.2007 12:13 AM

You can see my old Tele Custom up for sale at this vintage store called Willies...I hope someone buys it, I need heroin really bad.
http://williesguitars.com/index.cfm?...il&prodID=2103

finding nobody 07.16.2007 12:23 AM

[quote=CHOUT]
Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
Forget the Small Clone. Get Poly Chorus. Small Clone is the watered down version of the poly chorus

No comparison

More like a scaled-down version. The Small Clone is the best I've heard in it's range and I use it lots...so if you want basic, Small Clone and if you want infinitely tweakable, get a Poly Chorus.

How do you like your polychorus, finding nobody? I asked you about it a while ago in your thread you started.

Well said

I enjoy it. cranking up the feedback knob and letting it rip is my favorite thing to do

The Usher 07.16.2007 07:16 AM

Hey, thanks for all the advice...think I'll go for the small clone!

CHOUT 07.30.2007 02:08 PM

Some of the new upcoming Electro Harmonix pedals:

soapbars 07.30.2007 08:18 PM

awesome,

ive been thinking about getting a clone theory but i might just wait out for that electric mistress instead,

CHOUT 07.31.2007 01:09 AM

I want the Pog and Memory Man! And the electric mistress too.