Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New York, New York - Smart Girl/Boy's Guide to TEH CITY (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=104344)

EVOLghost 02.04.2014 11:42 AM

If yer iPhone is unlocked...you can get a t-mobile prepaid card for 30 bucks and I think it offers unlimited data and 400 minutes. I forget...but yeah...I'm not at home otherwise I'd look it up.

EVOLghost 02.04.2014 11:44 AM

Ok I lied. It's 100 minutes...but still. Unlimited data and text. (I looked it up).

pony 02.04.2014 11:45 AM

good boy!

i am so excited! two days from now i'll be hanging in new york, being super cute.
and hanging with pat and jenn from saturday on! playing twister. haaaaa.
and the lee gig next week 8)
and i'll probably go to some designer's after party on thursday night.
thinking about wearing this dress (in BLACK) to the party, not sure though.

but maybe i'll just wear a black skirt and black skirt...

pony 02.04.2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Ok I lied. It's 100 minutes...but still. Unlimited data and text. (I looked it up).

guess that's what i'll be getting then! thanks!

EVOLghost 02.04.2014 01:02 PM

Make sure yer iPhone is unlocked...unless you don't want to void the warranty...I think it voids it....

!@#$%! 02.04.2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Make sure yer iPhone is unlocked...unless you don't want to void the warranty...I think it voids it....

i think the iphones aeropedos come all unlocked. maybe im wrong but in 'merica we basically get a raw fucked deal.

========

KEKES, LISSEN CARAJO

before you fuck anything up call your phone provider and see what they might offer

germany runs on gsm just like tmobile so it should be easy to port yr phone or get a sim card here. esp if it's tmobile- if it's not tmobile, then that's another story but start from the beginning not in the drunken-eat-vomit-end.

madame cussword was just in deutschland and all it took was $25 to activate some global something shit and while data was a bit slow it handled whatsapp, skype, etc., plus imessage which is $0.

pony 02.04.2014 08:30 PM

i already checked my provider's website and looked at my options... don't wanna spend 12€ per day for 6mb data and 0,49€/text, 1,69€/min

i dunno is 6mb a lot? cause i think i'll be using google maps a lot....

getting a t mobile sim card for $30 sounds waaay better. i mean, i won't call home, i just need it to send my mum/friends whatsapp messages and call/text my friends in the US and maybe to make plans with people i meet there. sooooo... yeah. $30 sounds better than what my options are with my provider.

!@#$%! 02.04.2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
i already checked my provider's website and looked at my options... don't wanna spend 12€ per day for 6mb data and 0,49€/text, 1,69€/min

jeezus fukin christ 12 euros a day? nuts. she got 100 megs for $25 and the calls were expensive but she didn't call.

Quote:

i dunno is 6mb a lot? cause i think i'll be using google maps a lot….

not really no. you can get directions without maps proper though, esp. ny. , but apps like facebook eat bw like crazy bc on all the time. plus skype/whatsapp videos/ ect might eat (but you might wanna save that for wifi)

Quote:

getting a t mobile sim card for $30 sounds waaay better. i mean, i won't call home, i just need it to send my mum/friends whatsapp messages and call/text my friends in the US and maybe to make plans with people i meet there. sooooo... yeah. $30 sounds better than what my options are with my provider.

yeah it's better if your phone will allow it (now that i read, i know). but make sure it allows it. that pc mag link i posted you there names the thing. something-something mobile (it's what ebolgoat said, but specifically). also makes texts cheap and gives you 911 which is good.

pony 02.04.2014 08:45 PM

my provider's website also said that all phones sold through them don't have sim-lock or whatever, so other sim cards should be fine.
and iphones are the same everywhere, so there should be no problem, right???

pony 02.04.2014 08:47 PM

in australia my german (nokia) phone wouldn't work with my australian sim card and my australian nokia wouldn't work with my german one.
but then again, they didn't sold the one i had in germany in australia and vice versa....
BUT IPHONES ARE EVERYWHEREEEEEEE, thanks dead bald guy

!@#$%! 02.04.2014 08:51 PM

read teh article actually. it goes into a lot of detail esp. re:iphone. it's a year old, but that's not too absolutely old. plus they have a bunch of comments.

pony 02.04.2014 08:53 PM

just read it and thought the best plan would be to go into one of those shops at the airport or wherever and cry and make people help me.
(probably getting the t mobile thing racist mexican mentioned)

pony 02.04.2014 08:53 PM

THANK YOU FOR HELPING, btw!

<3

!@#$%! 02.04.2014 08:54 PM

just bring my jamón and all will be well

pony 02.04.2014 08:57 PM

pony 02.04.2014 09:06 PM

but i wanted to act like an apple :(

!@#$%! 02.04.2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

pony 02.06.2014 07:15 PM