Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Unpopular Opinions (Non-Music Related) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=32455)

Rob Instigator 06.28.2009 06:39 PM

III dawg

demonrail666 06.28.2009 06:52 PM

Damn my lack of I's

notyourfiend 06.28.2009 08:54 PM

Dance parties suck.

automatic bzooty 06.28.2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
The only good pizza place is Little Caesar's. (or Mancino's, but none of you know what that is)

i know mancino's! if that's the same one i'm thinking of. pretty good pizza.

Jeremy 06.29.2009 03:10 AM

A Clockwork Orange is the most overrated movie ever. I have yet to see what makes that movie the classic people make it out to be, other than it having scenes of extreme violence and graphic rape. Oh, and him throwing a penis statue of top of somebody.

That said, I'm also not too big on Pulp Fiction, but that movie is still way better than A Clockwork Orange.

~Jeremy~

Satan 06.29.2009 03:42 AM

analog everything > digital everything

i love mcdonalds. i have never tasted a better french fry in my life. and i have eaten a lot of fries in the last two decades.

demonrail666 06.29.2009 05:39 AM

Seriously, people need to get off McDonald's back. I had a quarter pounder with cheese the other day and it was perfect. Burger King have better actual burgers but they overload their Whoppers with mayonnaise and salad which ultimately gives them this strange heavy but floppy consistency. A Mac qp w/cheese has the perfect ratio of burger - cheese - pickle - sauce - bun.

It's like the Fender telecaster of chain burgers.

demonrail666 06.29.2009 05:53 AM

Wendy's were better but you don't get them here any more. Krystals we've never had. Burger King's 'King Fries' are so overrated it isn't even funny.

demonrail666 06.29.2009 06:06 AM

Chick-Fil-A waffle fries are amazing. I hummed the star spangled banner the first time I tried them.

Shifty Prophet 06.29.2009 07:16 AM

With the exception of a few restaurants, fast food isn't all that terrible. Matter of fact I get upset when people talk shit about how fast food is America's crutch etc....Yes it isn't the best thing for you, yes some maybe even most of the chains use ''less than perfect'' ingredients, but its ok when youre hungry and dont have a lot of time or money.

demonrail666 06.29.2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifty Prophet
With the exception of a few restaurants, fast food isn't all that terrible. Matter of fact I get upset when people talk shit about how fast food is America's crutch etc....Yes it isn't the best thing for you, yes some maybe even most of the chains use ''less than perfect'' ingredients, but its ok when youre hungry and dont have a lot of time or money.

i think that's true for any country. So long as people don't rely on it as their basic diet it's fine. The problem is that, in England at least, you do increasingly see people, especially kids, who seem to eat nothing else.

atsonicpark 06.29.2009 07:58 AM

Though you can so easily kill, you yourself cannot be easily killed.

Shifty Prophet 06.29.2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
i think that's true for any country. So long as people don't rely on it as their basic diet it's fine. The problem is that, in England at least, you do increasingly see people, especially kids, who seem to eat nothing else.

The same problem occurs here in the US. Thing is I was mainly aiming at adults who ''know better'' rather than kids. When I grew up my mother almost always cooked a meal for my family and she let me eat fast food, but, compared to a home-cooked meal I'd usually side with the latter.

I think most of the problem lies within the parents not taking sufficient time to bring their children up with proper options to eating. Its shouldn't be which fast food do you want it should be heres whats for dinner and be thankful you have something. (<--- Didn't this method work for hundreds of years?)

But, after all I have no kids and haven't been in that position as a parent or guardian,so, i suppose its easy for me to criticize.

Oh well, parents should be balanced and kids should burn some fucking calories instead of playing video games all the time.

MellySingsDoom 06.29.2009 10:23 AM

The English know how to make a cooked breakfast better than anyone else on Earth.

Antagon 06.29.2009 11:24 AM

I think Nardwuar is funny

automatic bzooty 06.29.2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
I think Nardwuar is funny

so do i!

wendy's has gone downhill in the past decade. they used to have THE best chicken nuggets, good fries, decent burgers... but not so much now.

Rob Instigator 06.29.2009 12:44 PM

agree on wendy's. since dave thomas kicked the bucket, the board of directors have done everything he woudl not do, go cheap on ingredients, and all that bullshit.

Satan 06.29.2009 01:28 PM

FUCK feminism

wendy's really has gone to shit by the way

davenotdead 06.29.2009 01:31 PM

i had wendy's last night at midnight

EVOLghost 06.29.2009 04:07 PM

Actually me too...fuckers didn't put cheese on my classic double...