Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone Going To Any Concerts Soon ? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=45)

Everyneurotic 03.25.2006 04:04 PM

thanks man!!

krastian 03.25.2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i'm going to see thurston tonight!!!

Enjoy! Post a review...I'm sure you will.

CHOUT 03.25.2006 06:12 PM

Zebulon Pike tonight. Instrumental doom metal epicness!

!@#$%! 03.27.2006 01:07 AM

i saw stereolab & animal collective & a friend was playing w/ georgie james so we went to see him. what a fucking amazing week.

now it's over & we're going back to our cultural backwater of a town. :(

luckily w/ a bit more records.

but oh man this is gonna hurt!

---

kegmama: i was thinking of coachella too but @ $85 PER DAY (plus additional costs) seems to me a ripoff... not sure if AC + cat power will do great on huge stages, cheaper to follow them around elsewhere i think...

dietzer123 03.27.2006 01:39 AM

flogging molly is an incredible live show. didn't cat power cancel her upcoming shows? i'm pretty sure she dropped out of bonnaroo

krastian 03.27.2006 01:47 AM

Yeah Chan cancelled her shows. Apparantly the shows were going to be pretty big and she was supposed to play with the guys that she recorded with from Stax Records. She's kind of notorious for kind of flipping out on stage and saying stuff like "This sounds so horrible" and stuff. I saw her on that Subterranean show and she didn't seem to confident about the tour (before the cancellations). I hope she gets well.

sonicl 03.27.2006 09:03 AM

Slightly spur of the moment, I'm going to see Mogwai in Southampton on Thursday.

RdTv 03.27.2006 09:14 AM

just coming off the Mogwai, Rhys Chatham wave of greatness.

Hoping to get down to bonnaroo (SY,Beck,Radiohead,Cat Power?,Devotchka,Stephen Malkmus,Dresden Dolls, Les claypool,Oysterhead,Seu Jorge.........)

Gulasch Noir 03.27.2006 09:37 AM

Going to the Donaufestival as well, above all because of no-neck blues band and gang gang dance. maybe i'll be there on the day mogwai will be playing too.

Other:

April, 1st: Fennesz
April, 9th: Black Dice

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.27.2006 06:04 PM

symphony for a hundred guitars (hallucination city) on WEDNESDAY!

SUBHUMANS ON SUNDAY! SUB! VERT! SUB! VERT!

marleypumpkin 03.28.2006 04:21 AM

Lucky, Lucky man. Where are you seeing the Subhumans?

A Thousand Threads 03.28.2006 04:35 AM

next concert
Black Dice - 10.April

hey, mr.gulasch
is fennesz playing in linz, too?
do you have any info?

A Thousand Threads 03.28.2006 05:17 AM

ah, never mind
looked up the tour dates on the site
no linz gig (how surprising, haha);

sonicl 03.28.2006 09:16 AM

Not the coolest admission ever, but I'm going to see Sugababes next week.

Hip Priest 03.28.2006 09:39 AM

Went to see a local trad jazz band, The Tony Davis Band, again on Sunday. They play once a month at Fort Perch Rock, a Napoleonic era building that's now a museum and home to it's owner, Doug Darroch, a good friend and very nice chap indeed. This month's date was touched with sadness however, as Doug had fallen one night and died the next day. So the fort was closed to visitors except the jazz regulars, and we had a special tribute show for him.

Spiritual Amnesia 03.28.2006 10:00 AM

10.april ::::: black dice
3-5 may::::: donaufestival (wolf eyes, gang gang dance,...)
28.may ::::: dinosaur jr.

HairwayToSteven 03.28.2006 10:13 AM

I only have one planned so far and that's Low on April 4th. Looking very foward to that.

Hannah 03.28.2006 08:05 PM

Sugababes! haha!

sonicl 03.29.2006 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah
Sugababes! haha!

It's my girlfriend who's the pop fan, but I do have to confess to a bit of a fondness for disposable bubblegum pop. I go to concerts like this with her in return for her agreeing to occasionally come to less mainstream concerts with her. It's my way of educating her. So far I've gone with her to see Shania Twain, Atomic Kitten and Kylie, and they were all great, but I drew the line at Westlife. Still, I take it that no-one will want me to post a Sugababes report? Unless they do an SY cover, of course.

Hip Priest 03.29.2006 04:00 AM

WOuldn't fancy going to any of the others you mention, but Sugababes are a different matter. I like them a lot. 'Angels with Dirty Faces' and 'Three' are very good albums.