Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

SynthethicalY 08.12.2007 12:11 AM

I would call her anorexic.

nicfit 08.12.2007 02:45 PM

just watched Hot Fuzz, loved it.

sellouteater 08.12.2007 03:02 PM

jimbrim 08.12.2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
Due to the lack of replies i'm guessing no-one here has saw this film. well, i've just found out the name and also found out it's directed by Larry Clark of kids fame.

http://membres.lycos.fr/gorezone/dvd...gecaveman.html

Would you say this film is worth seeing?

I watched Kids (the film of course) for the first time in ages last night. It reminded me of how disturbing yet moving that film really is.

Silent Dan Speaks 08.12.2007 11:59 PM

The Life Aquatic. It's my favorite movie, so I'm pretty happy about that.

racehorse 08.13.2007 03:51 AM

"smiles of a summer night" by bergman.
the comedy of it surprised me, never seen him try humour before, it was great, a marvellous love story with a sort of "comedy-of-manners" humour.
probably not as good as his more tragic, philosophical films, but great nonetheless.

jon boy 08.13.2007 04:06 AM

started watching zodiac last night which seems ok but not totaly impressed yet.

davenotdead 08.13.2007 06:35 AM

Pleasantville....pretty darn good.

!@#$%! 08.14.2007 02:34 PM

this one. was funny:

nice breakfast movie!

!@#$%! 08.14.2007 02:37 PM

oh and of course this past weekend, what joy...

a work of beauty!!

i have no comment yet as i am still under its spell. can't "analyze". but wow!!

if any of you have a chance to see this, don't miss is. best movie i've seen this year.

nomowish 08.14.2007 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
yes it's worth watching, nothing like kids, well in a way it is but i don't want to spoil anything for you. one reason i liked it was because i was surprised at the content of the film, i was just expecting some late night tv trash bollocks. if you've read my desription or any reviews then the shock value will obviously not be as high so it might suffer. made for tv but still, it's like nothing i've saw before.

I've seen this, it's called Teenage Caveman. Not bad. Amateurish, but not bad. Like, what happens when you take a bunch of horny teenagers and give them their own world to do whatever horny teenagers do. Except the teenagers are aliens, or monsters.

nomowish 08.14.2007 03:02 PM

So there's another "father" to David Gordon Green's style I heard.

Tokolosh 08.15.2007 03:28 AM

El Chacotero sentimental (1999)

Watched this last night. Great film! Three different stories about confession.
This film is based on a true radio program and depicts Chilean culture at it's best.
A good combination of comedy, violence and drama. Well worth seeing.

Killer of Sheep looks great. Thanks for the tip !@#$%!.

nicfit 08.15.2007 03:32 AM

"Slevin", nothing new, but not bad at all. Enjoyable.

!@#$%! 08.15.2007 10:01 AM

ha ha "el chacotero sentimental" roughly translates as "the sentimental mocker"-- it sounds so funny in spanish, i can't explain, like the title of a bolero. i gotta check that out! i have never seen a chilean movie, weon.

and yes killer of sheep. it's got the everyday poetry of realism-- a beauty, a beauty.

Silent Dan Speaks 08.16.2007 12:55 AM

The Seventh Seal

davenotdead 08.16.2007 02:21 AM

Fargo...pretty good standard Coen bros. fare...

k-krack 08.16.2007 02:27 AM

Fargo?! And yr saying it's "standard?!" Fuck, I would hate to be at the level of movie elitism as lots of the people here, as to not acept Fargo as one of the best movies ever.

I just watched Deliverance... fantastic. Really disturbing (shut up, all you Japanese exploitation film freaks, those are disturbing and awesome too, we all know).

davenotdead 08.16.2007 02:35 AM

ah, i worded that not well.

i meant that it had so much coen bros. flair, that it was instantly recognizable...and perhaps not as shocking as i wouldve expected...its a damn fine film...but perhaps since i have just now seen it, i was a bit affected by all the hype its gotten since it was released some 10 years ago...

Norma J 08.16.2007 02:35 AM

Haha there's a dude in my department who stares all the fucking time and is a fucking creepo. he was caught rubbing himself up the other day and goes off at teachers. He always stares atr me and a mate inparticular and Deliverance came up in the convo. funny.

I last watched Factory Girl. Fucking wonderful. One of them films I can't forget let alone let go of.