Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

!@#$%! 04.30.2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jico.
Saldo Contabilístico 0,45 EUR Saldo Disponível 0,45 EUR

merda merda merda. i need money. :(

merda indeed!!

jon boy 04.30.2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevOK
I'm so hungry right now.

well you know what to do.

ALIEN ANAL 05.01.2007 01:22 AM

im off to work, hopefully it goes a lot better than yesterday, fucking kids.
Damn il need to spend 10$ on getting a taxi there, and its really windy, its a bitch having long hair and it being windy.

jon boy 05.01.2007 04:39 AM

i need to invest some money any suggestions?

pbradley 05.01.2007 04:43 AM

OLD PEOPLE SHOULD HURRY UP AND DIE!

Oh, irrelevant... not irreverent.

Well, I guess that works both ways.

((okay, that was a bad joke. sorry))

sonicl 05.01.2007 07:18 AM

Poor old Paris Hilton came a cropper after being challenged to sing live by her idol, Prince.

The purple genius was performing at the Rio All Suite Hotel in Las Vegas when he invited the socialite (turned would-be pop star) to join him on stage and show the audience what she can do. Not fond of thinking things through, Paris excitedly leapt on stage to join Prince straight away, only to be greeted with, "let's see if she can really sing!"

After some titters from the crowd Paris finally twigged she was being set up and stormed off the stage, after murmuring something that sounded like neither talking nor singing down the microphone.

Hilton's people like to say the incident never occurred.

nicfit 05.01.2007 07:38 AM

I'm setting up a sort of "visual" blog, and it feels kinda strange. Mah!

ALIEN ANAL 05.01.2007 07:44 AM

im starting to really like a girl....but i shouldnt be

jico. 05.01.2007 08:13 AM

why? are you gay or something?

jico. 05.01.2007 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
I'm setting up a sort of "visual" blog, and it feels kinda strange. Mah!

let us know when you finish. i would like to see that.

ALIEN ANAL 05.01.2007 08:16 AM

Quote:

why? are you gay or something?

no, becuase its a stupid long distance thing and it feels wrong getting strong feelings for someone so far away :( and this cold i have is making me emotional haha im such a dweeb

MellySingsDoom 05.01.2007 08:17 AM

Why don't we forget our troubles and have a nice big bowl of strawberry ice cream?

king-buzzo 05.01.2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
im starting to really like a girl....but i shouldnt be

Is it your sister?

ALIEN ANAL 05.01.2007 08:20 AM

i had a feeling that would be said
no it is not my sister :D

jico. 05.01.2007 08:23 AM

Quote:

no, becuase its a stupid long distance thing and it feels wrong getting strong feelings for someone so far away :( and this cold i have is making me emotional haha im such a dweeb

there's nothing wrong with that, i guess... LAL... how far are we talking about? just go there and marry the girl... LAL...

ALIEN ANAL 05.01.2007 08:24 AM

she lives in another city 600km(6 hours) from me.

jico. 05.01.2007 08:35 AM

Quote:

she lives in another city 600km(6 hours) from me.

no nice girls around eh? haha... fock, 600km... start walking, get a canguru or something... good luck. or... forget it, and just go back to msn and flirt her.

lul.

nicfit 05.01.2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

let us know when you finish. i would like to see that.

pmed.

ALIEN ANAL 05.01.2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

no nice girls around eh? haha... fock, 600km... start walking, get a canguru or something... good luck. or... forget it, and just go back to msn and flirt her.

lul.

haha your spelling of Kangaroo was terrible :p
Yeh there isnt anyone around my area that is cool for me, its a small town and everyone knows everyone from high school so they all have this idea of what im 'like'

Me and this girl have met up before, and we talk on the phone everynight bla bla, but yeh its an odd thing, long distance.

jico. 05.01.2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

haha your spelling of Kangaroo was terrible :p
Yeh there isnt anyone around my area that is cool for me, its a small town and everyone knows everyone from high school so they all have this idea of what im 'like'

Me and this girl have met up before, and we talk on the phone everynight bla bla, but yeh its an odd thing, long distance.

haha... sorry about the Kangaroo, that's how we say Kangaroo around here, my brain fucked up and forgot to translate it...

lol man, you need to stop falling in love for call centre operators! :p

ALIEN ANAL 05.01.2007 09:03 AM

haha but dude! she was a babe i swear :p

Hip Priest 05.01.2007 01:20 PM

Russian speakers get the blues

The language you speak can affect how you see the world, a new study of colour perception indicates. Native speakers of Russian – which lacks a single word for "blue" – discriminated between light and dark blues differently from their English-speaking counterparts, researchers found.

The Russian language makes an obligatory distinction between light blue, pronounced "goluboy", and dark blue, pronounced "siniy". Jonathan Winawer at MIT in the US and colleagues set out to determine whether this linguistic distinction influences colour perception.

The team recruited 50 people from the Boston area in Massachusetts, US, roughly half of whom were native Russian speakers.

Volunteers viewed three blue squares on a screen and had to indicate by pushing a button whether the single square on top matched the bottom right or bottom left square in terms of hue (see image for an example). In total there were 20 different shades of blue.
True blue

Subjects completed two types of tests: in one version, the three squares were of a similar shade, whereas the other test involved one square that was a markedly different shade - for example, distinguishing a dark blue from a light blue.

English speakers were no better at distinguishing between dark and light blues than they were at telling apart two blues of a similar shade.

Russian speakers, by comparison, were 10% faster at distinguishing between light (goluboy) blues and dark (siniy) blues than at discriminating between blues within the same shade category.

"This is the first time that evidence has been offered to show cross-linguistic differences in colour perception in an objective task," says Winawer.

Moreover, when Russian speakers had to memorise an eight-digit number while doing the colour task, they were no better at distinguishing between dark and light blues and those within of a similar shade.

Winawer believes that this is because the concentration needed to memorise the number interfered with their verbal brainpower – removing the extra boost that the Russian language gives in classifying light and dark blues.

Journal reference: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (DOI: 10.1073/pnas.0701644104)

Hip Priest 05.01.2007 01:21 PM

^ 'goluboy' and 'siniy'. Nice words.

The web informs me that goluboy = голубой, whilst siniy = синий.

jon boy 05.04.2007 04:46 AM

i saw a really old man on the bus yesterday and he had a really big earing and it kind of freaked me out.

jon boy 05.04.2007 04:51 AM

ITN - Friday, May 4 A video has been released on the internet showing drunken footage of former Baywatch star David Hasselhoff.
(Advertisement)
if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['ANybB1f4aw4-']='&U=13k5vpa7l%2fN%3dANybB1f4aw4-%2fC%3d200091130.201364270.202640326.200578085%2fD %3dLREC%2fB%3d200585115';
The video, which was filmed by his children, shows the "Hoff" clad only in blue jeans, lying on the floor of a room and clumsily eating a hamburger while one of his daughters remonstrates with him about his drinking.
The tape was reported to have been made about three months ago by Hasselhoff's 16-year-old daughter, Taylor-Ann, in his home in Las Vegas.
On the tape, a girl's voice is heard saying: "Dad, you need to promise me you're not gonna get alcohol tonight, OK? If you get alcohol tonight you're fired from your show tomorrow.
"And a doctor's coming over here in the morning to check your alcohol level and if there's any alcohol in your system you're gonna be fired from the show. Tomorrow. You hear me? No alcohol."
"OK," Hasselhoff replies in a slurred voice.
In a statement the star admitted a relapse in his recovery from alcoholism and he said he'd learnt from his mistake.
He added:"I am a recovering alcoholic. Despite that I have been going through a painful divorce and I have recently been separated from my children due to my work, I have been successfully dealing with my issue. Unfortunately, one evening I did have a brief relapse, but part of recovery is relapse.
"Because of my honest and positive relationship with my daughters, who were concerned for my well-being, there was a tape made that night to show me what I was like. I have seen the tape. I have learned from it and I am back on my game."

jon boy 05.04.2007 08:18 AM

i just made some of the harshest sounding noise and i loved it.

RdTv 05.04.2007 08:25 AM

dub it off your man don't spend that ten bucks/
I did it for the advance the back end sucks/

MellySingsDoom 05.04.2007 08:39 AM

king_buzzo 05.04.2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom

Aaah I just imagined him with a whale tail.... (not a actual whale tail, but the other thing)

ALIEN ANAL 05.04.2007 10:36 AM

woooooooooooo i got weed

jimbrim 05.04.2007 08:23 PM

i love dubstep

Hip Priest 05.05.2007 02:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmD08Na5VKI is great.

Or, how about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Wn0...elated&search=.

Then again, how about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDz6...elated&search=.

Actually you could just as easily go for this one, if you wished:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4a9E89Iq3o.

Although many people would choose this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts_-4...elated&search=.

king_buzzo 05.05.2007 03:37 PM

fuck this owns them

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v442404PcSXjcDC

nicfit 05.05.2007 03:48 PM

Stupid me.

nicfit 05.05.2007 03:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usGAFzi41iA
soyearn part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ7OWQoIHCs
part 6

this is definitely the wrong thread for those links, but I could not decide between the sonic videos/youtube thread/ sonicjukebox / chabib visitordesign / threads so feel free to repost them wherever you think they belong. I don't care. Chabib does, maybe.... but it's all good sharing.

oh, chris, post more parts, I like those! part 2 is a bit scary, and the girl in part 6 is beautiful. Who's she?

MellySingsDoom 05.05.2007 07:46 PM

I just pooped.

king_buzzo 05.06.2007 03:16 AM

nice, be sure to upload it on ratemypoo.com

Hip Priest 05.06.2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i saw a really old man on the bus yesterday and he had a really big earing and it kind of freaked me out.

What keeps freaking me out is the increasing number of very small children - some of them still babies - with pierced ears.

jon boy 05.06.2007 07:33 AM

yeah and big sovereign rings and gold chains at aged 3.

Hip Priest 05.06.2007 07:35 AM

Ugh.