Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

TheFoxBen 11.20.2009 05:40 PM

9/10. I watched it a long time ago (when I was getting into Lynch's stuff) but didn't see the TV show. Now that I've seen the entire TV show, I watched the movie again tonight. Wow. I love it even more and sometimes, I still can't figure out what the fuck is happening.

a-p a. niemi 11.21.2009 08:03 AM

stu666 11.21.2009 08:14 AM

in 3D

viewtiful_alan 11.21.2009 07:09 PM

10/10
Astonishingly Good.
It has more or leass beaten Taxi Driver as my favorite movie of all time.

davenotdead 11.21.2009 11:00 PM

amazing/10

DeadDiscoDildo 11.22.2009 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcpotbntmy

What'd u think?

The Earl Of Slander 11.22.2009 11:06 PM

and

The former I was MASSIVELY disappointed by, to the point of bafflement, and I think I may need to make a thread in the next couple of days to discuss it.

The latter may well have been a masterpiece (it was certainly one of the best shot films I've ever seen), but it was so obtuse on first viewing that I can't really judge it right now. Will need to dwell on it and probably rewatch.

looking glass spectacle 11.22.2009 11:20 PM

alteredcourse 11.23.2009 12:20 AM

robocop really surprised me. It's supposed to be so bad. But that scene..with his arm. And other things.

Ok, I'll probably watch Human Condition II, despite the title.
DaveND, really ? ok.

I saw:

Jimmy and Judy

There is so much not to like about this movie. Too much to deem it as a "really good" movie. But the parts that I enjoyed.....REALLY got to me. Like when Judy broke down near the beginning and explained her never having felt protected...that got to me. That moment, and two others exactly, really spelled out a really fitting description of this generations north american youth. But these characters just werent used right, and I dont think its the kind of movie where that would be the point, I honestly dont. Too bad.

Sonic Youth 37 11.23.2009 01:37 AM

Goodfellas x 2

samuel 11.23.2009 01:57 AM

Jessica Biel looks especially good.
Definitely worth watching.

jon boy 11.23.2009 02:04 AM

meh.

nicfit 11.23.2009 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse
robocop really surprised me. It's supposed to be so bad.

No way, it kicks asses on many levels.

The Earl Of Slander 11.23.2009 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
The former I was MASSIVELY disappointed by, to the point of bafflement, and I think I may need to make a thread in the next couple of days to discuss it.

For the record, considering the image has fritzed, this as supposed to be about Straw Dogs.

atsonicpark 11.23.2009 07:46 AM

Yeah, Straw Dogs is overrated and quite boring.

noisereductions 11.23.2009 08:04 AM

in 3D. Quite good.

fugazifan 11.23.2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
he mentions it in many of his talks, there is a youtube channelcalled "mariobchan" that has all the good shit. there's one there called hollywood ideology that has clip from it.

everyone needs to buy his books from amazon.

ok cool. i will check it out...

today i saw Santa Sangre. wow. amazing. really. 9/10. if not an even 10. amazing imagry really creepy and shocking. and although it is a film with a coherent narrative it still has amazing surreal scenes.
the scene where he cuts off her arms was one of the most chilling that i have ever seen, if only because of the camera angle.

The Earl Of Slander 11.23.2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah, Straw Dogs is overrated and quite boring.

Yeah! Also, I'm all for fucked up amoral movies, but something about it was, in a way that's difficult to put down, just the wrong kind of fucked up. Like it wasn't FUN fucked up, but it wasn't really DARK fucked up or making a point with it either, it seemed. Like it was just there to pretty much despise all of humanity, which made it kind of something I didn't feel I got anything out of. And the acting was roundly pretty off too, like really stilted and unconvincing. And the script was awful in places.... In fact, the more I think about it the less I thought it was really worthwhile at all. What am I missing here?

tw2113 11.23.2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

in 3D. Quite good.

I saw that last tuesday and concur. Despite knowing the story like the back of my hand and having seen 15 versions or so, it was enjoyable especially with the 3D part.

Is it just me or did you not hear Jim Carey in the voices? It never sounded like the guy.

Rob Instigator 11.23.2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Yeah! Also, I'm all for fucked up amoral movies, but something about it was, in a way that's difficult to put down, just the wrong kind of fucked up. Like it wasn't FUN fucked up, but it wasn't really DARK fucked up or making a point with it either, it seemed. Like it was just there to pretty much despise all of humanity, which made it kind of something I didn't feel I got anything out of. And the acting was roundly pretty off too, like really stilted and unconvincing. And the script was awful in places.... In fact, the more I think about it the less I thought it was really worthwhile at all. What am I missing here?

I did not finish it. I could not bring myself top give a flying FUCK about any of the stupid, idiotic, reprehensible, morons in this fucking waste of time. I got maybe 45 minutes in.