Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Rob Instigator 11.25.2009 04:52 PM

james cameron is indeed a hammy fuck.

chairman of the bored 11.25.2009 05:02 PM

keeping it simple has to be a troll...no way can someone think fleet foxes is the best band of the decade and herzog a "contrived" filmmaker among every other terrible opinion/assertion he's aired...i think its safe to ignore this person from now on

fugazifan 11.25.2009 05:36 PM

i saw bergman's the virgin Spring
wow. 9/10. i need to see more bergman. this was my 6th film of his.

atsonicpark 11.25.2009 05:43 PM

Fuck yeah fugazifan. Bergman is amazing. That film rules.

WILD STRAWBERRIES, SEVENTH SEAL, and especially PERSONA are fucking amazing.

!@#$%! 11.25.2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
james cameron is indeed a hammy fuck.

internet high five!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
keeping it simple has to be a troll...no way can someone think fleet foxes is the best band of the decade and herzog a "contrived" filmmaker among every other terrible opinion/assertion he's aired...i think its safe to ignore this person from now on

there's a lot of mainstream people out there whose favorite movie ever is forrest gump-- so who knows

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
i saw bergman's the virgin Spring
wow. 9/10. i need to see more bergman. this was my 6th film of his.

i have THE HOUR OF THE WOLF ready to be watched. needs a good time slot cuz it starts very slow and i could snooze. max von sydow and liv ullman with here strange eyebrows (actually both of them have strange eyebrows).

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Fuck yeah fugazifan. Bergman is amazing. That film rules.

WILD STRAWBERRIES, SEVENTH SEAL, and especially PERSONA are fucking amazing.

FANNY AND ALEXANDER rules fucking supreme. the loooong version. it's like, time flies when you're watching it. also, WINTER LIGHT has some amazing cinematographer by sven nykvist and it's actually a pretty cool story.

there's a collection out there of his early stuff and he was great from day 1.
check out TORMENT. he didn't direct though he wrote the screenplay and was AD and it's pretty good considering the primitive look & sound.

atsonicpark 11.25.2009 07:48 PM

I watched this great flick recently called acid visions. It's, um, acidic.. and visionary. Haha. Crazy visual explosion. I uploaded it for someone with an OOP Godard vhs. Anyone want a link?

stu666 11.25.2009 07:54 PM

yes please

atsonicpark 11.25.2009 07:58 PM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WXU73I26

it's about 460mb.

the godard thing is AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN DECEMBER, really fascinating, one of his most beautiful works.

ACID VISIONS is 35 minutes of just pure insanity. probably the craziest visuals you'll see.

enjoy!

wellcharge 11.25.2009 08:00 PM

what's the out of print godard vhs? is it included in the download

atsonicpark 11.25.2009 08:01 PM

yes

JLG/JLG:AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN DECEMBER

with subs

The quality is actually really good, even though the file size is a bit small. The film is pretty short too.

stu666 11.25.2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WXU73I26

it's about 460mb.

the godard thing is AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN DECEMBER, really fascinating, one of his most beautiful works.

ACID VISIONS is 35 minutes of just pure insanity. probably the craziest visuals you'll see.

enjoy!

cool, when i get this i'll let you know what i think. thanks.

atsonicpark 11.25.2009 08:06 PM

stu rulz

jon boy 11.25.2009 08:16 PM

i really wanna see the new bad lieutenant for some reason.

atsonicpark 11.25.2009 08:21 PM

I can think of a few reasons.. herzog. And Nicolas Cage in a crazy performance. I mean, have you seen Deadfall? If it's even half as crazy as his performance in that.. then, fuck!

Since it only came out on 35 screens, looks like I'll be watching it online..

wellcharge 11.25.2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

yes

JLG/JLG:AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN DECEMBER

with subs

The quality is actually really good, even though the file size is a bit small. The film is pretty short too.

downloading then, thanks tonnes(that's the metric equivalent of the american ton, it weighs more so you know i mean it)

atsonicpark 11.25.2009 08:31 PM

no prob

if anyone has nouvelle vague or the alphaville sequel (germany 90 years later i believe it's called), lemme know. especially if someone can put that shit on discs for me. I have everything else he's done except for some of his shorts, I have almost all his major works though.

My girlfriend bought me EVERYTHING IS CINEMA: THE WORKING LIFE OF JEAN LUC GODARD for xmas, yay!

davenotdead 11.25.2009 08:35 PM

adam have you seen Mind Game? [the anime i posted a couple pages back]

atsonicpark 11.25.2009 08:37 PM

no, I definitely need to. I have been really slacking on anime in the past year. will queue it right now.

atsonicpark 11.25.2009 08:40 PM

oh fuck it's not on n-flix, hmp

davenotdead 11.25.2009 08:41 PM

its on youtube, in parts, but it looks good and its subbed