Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Photography Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=328)

EMMAh 09.11.2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh yeah nice chiaroscuro w/ the new camera, makes it almost 3D-- and the colors seem more "real" (in my screen at least). but there's also something i like about the, what do i call it? "poster-ish" quality of the old photo.

and yes, no vacation. we took a long weekend off to do nothing in albuquerque, and it was delicious. but then back to work & worked. i even worked this past weekend! but the work is not bad (working at home rules), things are good, and there are some trips in the works also-- maybe even to toronto! (maybe-- just maybe).

ah, i have to get off the board & call a client, but i hope to see you more often here! (hurray for the new modem). welcome back & oh i'll ask you a camera question one of these days-- im getting a spot on every photo... ah, i gotta go, i'll ask you some other time-- but great to see you!

Shitty deal.
As for the dot? Did you try cleaning your lens?

Danny Himself 09.11.2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripchord

It's weird how the fisheye lens makes your legs look. Good though!

Snazzy shoes. :)

EMMAh 09.11.2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Le sigh no I didn't go. The ball and chain/girlfriend didn't wanna go. I wanted to go to the portrait gallery too but DENIED!

And the fact that you slept in the room with the dinosaurs bumps you to the level of 'godess'. That is just the bees knees

Ahhh, well she's no fun now is she?
We got this pin too. There were dinosaur feet and people feet sticking out the end of a tent and it said "I slept with the dinosaurs" I probably still have it around somewhere.

h8kurdt 09.11.2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
Ahhh, well she's no fun now is she?
We got this pin too. There were dinosaur feet and people feet sticking out the end of a tent and it said "I slept with the dinosaurs" I probably still have it around somewhere.

No she wasn't she was a bit of a sod them few days. That badge sounds cool. Wish it had said 'I sleep with dinosaurs'

EMMAh 09.11.2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
No she wasn't she was a bit of a sod them few days. That badge sounds cool. Wish it had said 'I sleep with dinosaurs'

Now that would be funny.

screamingskull 09.12.2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

what kinda lens did you take those with?

EMMAh 09.12.2007 12:33 PM

I want a fisheye lens. That would be fucking awesome.

Ripchord 09.12.2007 03:52 PM

I actually used a Lomography Fisheye camera. It's a plastic piece of crap, lens is attatched.

EMMAh 09.12.2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

I actually used a Lomography Fisheye camera. It's a plastic piece of crap, lens is attatched.

You can kind of tell cause they're not that great quality. But, that might just be because you scanned them.

jon boy 09.12.2007 04:50 PM

i have been loving this site all over the place: http://www.berting.nl/seventies/

guitar7080 09.12.2007 07:12 PM

:cool: Gordon Parks - Photography Master. He is missed. I use a Canon T-90 film, pre-dig. Black&W. rules the world. The gray scale matters.

guitar7080 09.12.2007 07:23 PM

Gordon Parks - he is missed. I use a Canon T-90 pre-digi. Capture naked life daily. Black and W. The gray-scale is truth.

SynthethicalY 09.12.2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

I want a fisheye lens. That would be fucking awesome.

I would want one too.

Ripchord 09.12.2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

You can kind of tell cause they're not that great quality. But, that might just be because you scanned them.

Yeah, most of the quality issues are because of my shit scanner. But the shit camera and shit processing play roles as well.

EMMAh 09.12.2007 09:53 PM

Quote:

Yeah, most of the quality issues are because of my shit scanner. But the shit camera and shit processing play roles as well.

Hahaha

nicfit 09.15.2007 10:19 AM

some beasts

Ripchord 09.15.2007 04:00 PM

Wow, those first two are unbelievable.

Anngella 09.15.2007 05:41 PM

Indeeeeed. Sweeeet beeeeeasts.

nicfit 09.16.2007 04:51 AM

Why, thanks girlssss.... more bestiality (ha ha)

this is a "classic" , but the dead flower in the backgrounds adds "something" that makes me like it more...

Bertrand 09.17.2007 02:42 AM

Last month my computer crashed; its hard drive died; I lost every picture I had taken; I felt pretty sad, for I believed my favorite model had gone, but he came back, and fortunately, he offered some great opportunities for pictures; here he is :