Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Antagon 12.14.2009 03:10 PM

Troublesome Night 5: A hysterical laugh-fest (for all the wrong reasons)

Trasher02 12.14.2009 05:14 PM

Awesome documentary. If you like nerdfights you'll love this.

atsonicpark 12.14.2009 07:59 PM

Yeah, king of kong is one of my favorite documentaries of all time. 10/10!

auto-aim 12.14.2009 08:22 PM

yeh - i've been looking to try and find that film somewhere to watch online for ages. Does anybody know of any where?I haven't resorted to any download / torrent site and was just hoping i'd come across the film somewhere eventually.

atsonicpark 12.14.2009 08:30 PM

type in watch-movies-online to google. search on that site. simple.

it's probably on netflix instant watch, it usually is anyway.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 12.14.2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auto-aim
yeh - i've been looking to try and find that film somewhere to watch online for ages. Does anybody know of any where?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQZ9wXO8RVs

atsonicpark 12.14.2009 09:19 PM

yeah, or that! haha.

Keeping It Simple 12.15.2009 03:03 PM

It really annoys me we celebrate the birth of Jesus on 25th December when most Christian religions agree he was born on 6th April. Jesus also died in April. Either the 5th or 9th. So we really should be celebrating Xmas and Easter in the same week!

atsonicpark 12.15.2009 03:13 PM

The date when people decide to celebrate a fictional person's birthday annoys you? Alright then...

noisereductions 12.15.2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02

Awesome documentary. If you like nerdfights you'll love this.

oh man, I love this documentary. It's amazing.

TheFoxBen 12.15.2009 03:36 PM

8/10. Yes, this is a very good movie, I can understand why it is considered to be one of the best movies ever made but what really stands out here is Brad Dourif's performance IMO.

9/10. This one is really awesome. It's funny, it has Alec Guiness playing 8 different roles, it is very well written and has got some of the greatest dialogues of its time. A classic for sure.

kaitlynmazur 12.15.2009 03:37 PM

Keeping It Simple 12.15.2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
The date when people decide to celebrate a fictional person's birthday annoys you? Alright then...

If that person is fictional, how do you explain Xmas and Easter?

chicka 12.15.2009 04:06 PM

Hallmark need a few more holidays to sell cards and had nothing going on in december or april other than birthdays....

Rob Instigator 12.15.2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen

9/10. This one is really awesome. It's funny, it has Alec Guiness playing 8 different roles, it is very well written and has got some of the greatest dialogues of its time. A classic for sure.

Years ago Alec Guinness was so thrown by a woman in the front row who was watching him through gigantic binoculars that he stepped down from the stage and removed them from her. The result? An usher came to him in the interval to say: 'The blind woman in the front row apologises if she's upset you.' —ArtsJournal

Rob Instigator 12.15.2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple

easter is the christian version of the spring celebration of the vernal equinox, and has been celebrated by astronomically intelligent humans for thousands of years before jeebus.

Christmas is the christian version of the celebration of the winter solstice, and has also been celebrated by humans with astronomical knowledge for thousands of years before jeezy-creezy.

those two dates were just convenient points by which to supplant "pagan" rituals taking place on these "holy" days.
this does not in any mean there was not a man named Emmanuel who was called The Christ. Just means that humans have developed their rituals concerning this man to suit their own needs and agendas.

ni'k 12.15.2009 04:27 PM

tetsuo iron man - great

atsonicpark 12.15.2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple

You're kidding, right?

atsonicpark 12.15.2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Just means that humans have developed their rituals concerning this man to suit their own needs and agendas.

excellent quote. That sums up most religion in general.

Keeping It Simple 12.15.2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
You're kidding, right?

So Xmas and Easter is a punchline to a joke thought up by Christians?