Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

demonrail666 03.18.2018 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
real madrid or juve (that there is a final-caliber match). and before that, they played besitos? lol

i would have liked to see bayern vs kloppo for some reason (an easy match too but it would have historical echoes)

so what’s different from europa? i dont know

It feels like you're applying last year to this one. Real aren't great this year. Not that you can ever write them off. From what I've seen, though, Barca and Man City are looking strongest right now.

Pep's problem is still his defence, which isn't as bad as last season's but still not exactly solid. His midfield though is ridiculous. If anything, His skill there will be in picking the right configuration from DeBruyne (admittedly about as nailed on as it gets) David Silva, Sterling, Sane and Bernardo Silva.

!@#$%! 03.18.2018 11:41 AM

yeah i started watching mid/late season so i don’t have all the info. but— i just saw juve v. spurs the other day, and the way they shut them down in the 2nd half was amazing. and madrid is madrid is madrid. are they ever BAD? whatever streak they may be going through, either of these 2 teams can out of nowhere neutralize and crush their opponents. it’s what they do. their aging stars are still stars for a reason.

e.g. i couldn’t stop laughing the other day when the commentator was talking about how spurs was exploiting chiellini’s old age and slowed pace ha ha ha ha. according to him spurs was running rampant. yeah good luck getting past that human wall, in the end.

!@#$%! 03.18.2018 01:58 PM

holeee sheetz rb lipstick just beat bayern 2-1 lol

bad for bayern but lipstick put on a good spectacle

h8kurdt 03.23.2018 03:25 PM

State of this England game

!@#$%! 03.23.2018 03:40 PM

oh 0-0 vs holland?

im sitting out the international break— have some work to do in the mothership and will go there this weekend.

demonrail666 03.23.2018 06:13 PM

1-0 England.

I won't read too much into it but I thought we played OK and deserved the win. It was a friendly but for all that we seemed quite confident on the ball for a change. Holland didn't look particularly good though so we'll have a better sense of where England are next week against Italy, who may not be going to the WC but are still Italy.

!@#$%! 03.23.2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
against Italy, who may not be going to the WC

that’s still just fucking shocking

i read it like breaking news every time

demonrail666 03.23.2018 06:46 PM

I felt exactly the same writing it. Just doesn't seem right. I actually find the fact that Italy isn't going more weird than if it was Brazil. Germany are probably the only team I'd be more shocked about. Although what's weirder with Italy is that while I always expect them to be there, I never consider them favourites to actually win it.

!@#$%! 03.23.2018 06:49 PM

i was gonna post this on the tv thread but it might not be appreciated as much there

just watching this. the style is a little too michael bay but who cares! fantastic subject

demonrail666 03.27.2018 11:49 AM

Arturo Vidal to Man U?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...r-plan-4225222

!@#$%! 03.27.2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

oh shit. “mourinho favours vidal”

but will vidal favor mourinho?

hmmm...

demonrail666 03.27.2018 03:43 PM

Chelsea are interested as well but with Conte's future in doubt they're probably not that appealing. Although any attack-minded player has to be skeptical of working with Mourinho.

!@#$%! 03.27.2018 04:01 PM

berni the bear disapproves

demonrail666 03.27.2018 06:57 PM

Oh Jesus fucking Christ No!!!!!!!

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/03/24...ool-star-heats

_tunic_ 03.28.2018 09:16 AM

hurray! two Dutch youngsters from AJAX made it into the top 5 of goal.com's teenager top 50!

Kluivert Jr #1
De Ligt #4

h8kurdt 03.28.2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

:D :D

Quote:

hurray! two Dutch youngsters from AJAX made it into the top 5 of goal.com's teenager top 50!

Kluivert Jr #1
De Ligt #4

Also known as the "soon to be on the 'where are they now' list"

demonrail666 03.29.2018 06:25 AM

The Gusardian has announced its Ptrm team of the season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...r-city-burnley

Goalkeeper: Ederson (Manchester City)

Right back: Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
Centre back: James Tarkowski (Burnley)
Centre-back: Ben Mee (Burnley)
Left-back: Andrew Robertson (Liverpool)

Defensive midfield: Abdoulaye Doucouré (Watford)
Centre midfield: Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
Central midfield: David Silva (Manchester City)

Right-sided forward: Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
Left-sided forward: Son Heung-min (Tottenham)
Centre forward: Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)

Not many arguments there from me, although I don't see how Ederson made it over DeGea and I'd have maybe put Sane in over Son. But it's a tough call; Son is great. Surprised Kane didn't make it but his season has been spotty, whereas Firmino, although scoring less goals, arguably offered more in all-round play. Either way, DeBruyne and Salah are head and shoulders the players of the season. And while I'd still argue for DeGea, it's always nice when not a single MU player makes it.

h8kurdt 03.29.2018 06:27 AM

They actually put Firmino over Kane?

!@#$%! 03.29.2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

The Gusardian has announced its Ptrm team of the season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...r-city-burnley

Goalkeeper: Ederson (Manchester City)

Right back: Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
Centre back: James Tarkowski (Burnley)
Centre-back: Ben Mee (Burnley)
Left-back: Andrew Robertson (Liverpool)

Defensive midfield: Abdoulaye Doucouré (Watford)
Centre midfield: Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
Central midfield: David Silva (Manchester City)

Right-sided forward: Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
Left-sided forward: Son Heung-min (Tottenham)
Centre forward: Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)

Not many arguments there from me, although I don't see how Ederson made it over DeGea and I'd have maybe put Sane in over Son. But it's a tough call; Son is great. Surprised Kane didn't make it but his season has been spotty, whereas Firmino, although scoring less goals, arguably offered more in all-round play. Either way, DeBruyne and Salah are head and shoulders the players of the season. And while I'd still argue for DeGea, it's always nice when not a single MU player makes it.

dammit man. i liked debruyne before it was cool! [insert laughing emoji]

!@#$%! 03.31.2018 12:22 PM

holy shit bayern 5 dortmund 0 ***AT HALFTIME***

was gonna be 6-0 i not for some video assist catching a super-thin offside by ribéry

speaking of which— ribéry on fire today, as is lewandowski, and james, and mueller, and everybody except for dortmund which is disorganized as fuck and pissed off and looking lost.

earlier caught a very lively leipzig-hanover that rb won 3-2 and *again* video assist (it’s getting to be a pain in the ass, this thing) prevented what would have been a fair 3-3. great 2nd half of a simple, agressive, fast game.

but this isn’t over yet. looking forward to the bayern-dortmund 2nd half and wheatever happens. here’s to no injuries on anyone...