Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Cantankerous 09.18.2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
C - That's really odd, cos it seems to work OK here....could it be a Mac thing, I wonder?

probably
i downloaded the new version of it the other day, theres prob like glitches in it
whatever the case i'm not using it because it pisses me off

MellySingsDoom 09.18.2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i never understood why it offends people. it's not an insult to gays. it's no different than calling something retarded.

I get unoffended by use of the word gay - it's "faggot" that tends to send my pissed-offness going.

Alex's Trip 09.18.2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

i never understood why it offends people. it's not an insult to gays. it's no different than calling something retarded.

I don't know, I certainly don't like it, but there is nothing I can do about it. But this girl, like I am mad that she has been drawn into saying it too and it is more about the shock I got from hearing it from her and it just felt different I guess. I can';t define it at the bmoment .

Cantankerous 09.18.2008 04:47 PM

no word on the earth offends me. it's just a word. the context is what counts.

MellySingsDoom 09.18.2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
No problem. Just stop being a homosexualist and then you won't be offended.

Ooh, get her! :p

floatingslowly 09.18.2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
And I, of course, fathered the boy Slowly.

(NOOOoooo!!!)

MellySingsDoom 09.18.2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

no word on the earth offends me. it's just a word. the context is what counts.

Actually, I'd go along with that, too. It tends to be the type of person who uses that word that offends me. I've had some hilarious convos on the "what is fag-rock?" question. Bill Landis once wrote an uproarious piece entitled "Are Led Zeppelin Faggots?" :D

Alex's Trip 09.18.2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
is it really that good? I was under the impression that it operated like gracenote's genres (meaning, full of shit).

I've also not been too keen on giving apple a look-see at my gigantic library. :o

No the genre thing is pretty good. I'm guessing it is based off the stats that apple keeps based on their itunes store. meaning, the x amount of people who bought this album also bought this album, etc. so it has a lot of valid foundation to recommend. And it probably checks your library to see if your tastes match up with what they are about to recommend. it could be incredibly fine tuned, just thinking about it, but I don';t knwo what goes on exactly, just speculation.

nicfit 09.18.2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

(NOOOoooo!!!)

"whyyyyyyyyyyyy my masturbation hand!!!!"

demonrail666 09.18.2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

(NOOOoooo!!!)

Ha ha, I was actually looking for that very pic. but all i got was the blogspot ones that i cant drag onto the message box. Certainly it makes my original post sound far less suspect than it might have done otherwise.

Cantankerous 09.18.2008 04:53 PM

enjoy this tasteless motivational poster i've just made.

demonrail666 09.18.2008 04:55 PM

I don't get it.

Cantankerous 09.18.2008 04:56 PM

if you have to ask, you'll never know.

MellySingsDoom 09.18.2008 04:56 PM

C - did you see that picture of KC in the second issue of "Answer Me!", where it showed an extremely graphic picture of his suicide? Definitely not for the faint-hearted.

PS: A big "Arf" for your poster.

demonrail666 09.18.2008 04:57 PM

Am I missing something amazing here?

MellySingsDoom 09.18.2008 04:58 PM

Yes. You're missing a whole raft of Awesomeness.

Cantankerous 09.18.2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
C - did you see that picture of KC in the second issue of "Answer Me!", where it showed an extremely graphic picture of his suicide? Definitely not for the faint-hearted.

PS: A big "Arf" for your poster.

that picture isn't real. his face was completely intact. they held a funeral service with an open casket.

whcih one was it?

EMMAh 09.18.2008 04:58 PM

Slavo is a very kind guy

demonrail666 09.18.2008 04:59 PM

Someone give me a clue for fuck sake. I know he shot himself, so that's where the gun comes in. But ... I dunno, it can't just be that. Can it?

nicfit 09.18.2008 04:59 PM

eh!