Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

noisereductions 01.09.2010 10:09 PM

oh I get it. Did you see it?

EVOLghost 01.09.2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
oh I get it. Did you see it?

nah...haven't seen it. Though it's on Comcast's On Demand...so I might get to one of these days.

automatic bzooty 01.10.2010 02:01 AM

man, i thought there'd be way more goth club stalking with bowie and deneuve. instead i got lots of shots of curtains moving in slow motion and lesbian vamps being boring and bowie degenerating into a ballbag. fuck dat.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.10.2010 06:20 AM

DanielCarlson 01.10.2010 06:37 AM

atsonicpark 01.10.2010 08:06 AM

YOU THE LIVING - 9/10

IDIOCRACY - 5/10

Tries so hard to be clever but fails at actually being funny, ever. Will give it points for not being as stupid as most DUH! TITS! ASS! GAY JOKES! comedies but come on -- Freddy Got Fingered blows this shit away!

TheFoxBen 01.10.2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
IDIOCRACY - 5/10

Tries so hard to be clever but fails at actually being funny, ever. Will give it points for not being as stupid as most DUH! TITS! ASS! GAY JOKES! comedies but come on -- Freddy Got Fingered blows this shit away!

Yeah, I didn't like Idiocracy that much too, this is unforgivable, considering Mike Judge made one of the best comedies of all time (Office Space).

I watched:

7/10. Jarmusch's post-rock movie: slow and intense. Not my favorite but it's pretty good.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.11.2010 12:12 AM

atsonicpark 01.11.2010 06:55 AM

Mordum annoyed the shit out of me. Shaky-ass camera and people screaming for 90 minutes. Boring.

Penance is my fav. of the 3 but I didn't like any of them. MURDER SET PIECES, a related film, is really cheesy and stupid but it has good gore in it and is better than any of those movies... NUTBAG is terrible, too.

wellcharge 01.11.2010 07:08 AM

i don't think megan fox is all that hot, she's definitely more obnoxious than hot

cagedbird 01.11.2010 08:06 AM

noisereductions 01.11.2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellcharge
i don't think megan fox is all that hot, she's definitely more obnoxious than hot

I think she's okay. Not my type. She did fine in the role she was given in Jennifer's Body. The only other thing I have to compare is Confessions Of A High School Drama Queen where she played a bitchy teenager. I'm pretty sure she wasn't acting so whatever. I've never seen Transformers.

chicka 01.11.2010 08:47 AM

dark hair blue eyes a body with all the right curves I mean unless you're gay you better think twice about your manhood if you don't think she's hot. Granted she be 10X if she couldn't talk....

noisereductions 01.11.2010 08:56 AM

I said "she's okay," just not my definition of "hot." I prefer gingers.

GeneticKiss 01.11.2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicka
dark hair blue eyes a body with all the right curves I mean unless you're gay you better think twice about your manhood if you don't think she's hot. Granted she be 10X if she couldn't talk....

I can see her cheekbones, That's always a turnoff.

Rob Instigator 01.11.2010 11:20 AM

Mike Judge got Idiocracy taken away from him by the studio, who then proceedd to edit it without his consent and try to turn it into a simpleton sit-com type of movie, and then they dumped it into theaters, less than 100 screens nationwide, and pulled it out of the theaters after 2 weeks or so.
They effectively killed what could have been a very hilarious movie.

Rob Instigator 01.11.2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen

Yeah, I didn't like Idiocracy that much too, this is unforgivable, considering Mike Judge made one of the best comedies of all time (Office Space).

I watched:

7/10. Jarmusch's post-rock movie: slow and intense. Not my favorite but it's pretty good.

I heard this was really boring and slow. woud you recommend? I like most Jarmusch stuff

noisereductions 01.11.2010 11:29 AM

Rob, no thoughts on the Megan Fox debate? Not enough junk in the trunk for yr taste I'd think.

DanielCarlson 01.11.2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I heard this was really boring and slow. woud you recommend? I like most Jarmusch stuff

I can't understand all the hate against it. Yes, it's slow. Yes, it doesn't have that much of a plot. But I found it really mesmerizing, it's a really beautiful movie and it's interesting in a lot of ways. If you like Jarmusch, then watch it!

TheFoxBen 01.11.2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCarlson
I can't understand all the hate against it. Yes, it's slow. Yes, it doesn't have that much of a plot. But I found it really mesmerizing, it's a really beautiful movie and it's interesting in a lot of ways. If you like Jarmusch, then watch it!

What you said.

Yes, it's a slow movie but not in a negative way. No, really, if you like Jarmusch, there's no way you'll hate it.