Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

!@#$%! 04.28.2018 11:16 AM

oh shit you guys are in a tight 15th place huh?

death to the soviet general!

eta: and vs man city next. ouch! but maybe they won’t care?

h8kurdt 04.28.2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh shit you guys are in a tight 15th place huh?

death to the soviet general!

eta: and vs man city next. ouch! but maybe they won’t care?

Haha nah, Pep has come out and said his next thing is breaking records this season. Highest points tally, most goals scored that kind of thing. The stuff that playing against West Ham will make easy to do :D

In other news, Sam Allardyce compared himself to Diego Simeone. Why? Cos he's a fucking egotistical moron.

!@#$%! 04.28.2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Haha nah, Pep has come out and said his next thing is breaking records this season. Highest points tally, most goals scored that kind of thing. The stuff that playing against West Ham will make easy to do :D

they’ll be a sacrificial lamb for the football art gods?

quite an honor i guess :D

:(

demonrail666 04.28.2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

In other news, Sam Allardyce compared himself to Diego Simeone. Why? Cos he's a fucking egotistical moron.

Do you think he'll be at Everton next season?

- Sam, not Diego - obviously

h8kurdt 04.29.2018 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Do you think he'll be at Everton next season?

- Sam, not Diego - obviously

God knows. I'm praying to the football gods that he isn't that's for sure. Moshiri can't brag bout how much ambition he has for Everton and then keep Sam and think the fans will be fine with it.

!@#$%! 04.29.2018 10:34 AM

mainz just cleared out of relegation zone by beating the much-hyped rb leipzig 3-0

blam!

now wolfsburg is 3rd from bottom— pitiful considering the glory days of debruyne & co.

leipzing meanwhile looks out of any european competition [...] wait, no. they’re firmly in the europa league mess.

h8kurdt 04.29.2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
mainz just cleared out of relegation zone by beating the much-hyped rb leipzig 3-0

blam!

now wolfsburg is 3rd from bottom— pitiful considering the glory days of debruyne & co.

leipzing meanwhile looks out of any european competition [...] wait, no. they’re firmly in the europa league mess.

That's pretty depressing

!@#$%! 04.29.2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

That's pretty depressing

yeah. their old coach dieter hecking is now at monchengladbach

and just now dortmund failed to beat werder bremen and catch up with schalke on the table. 1-1, 3rd place going into the final weekend.

the ikara cult 04.29.2018 01:02 PM

Brentford's slim playoff hopes over yesterday after losing at Barnsley, but after a rocky start it's turned into a successful season. I believe next season will be the last full season at the current ground, and as Arsenal have shown, moving into a "modern" stadium from one of the rickety old-style ones is fraught with problems, I hope the stability continues as it's been great going back to games over the last 5 years or so and it's a genuinely nice place to go.

h8kurdt 04.30.2018 03:57 AM

Feel like football fatigue has kicked in for me big time. Save for the champions league I dont think I've watched a full game for a few weeks. Hell, I haven't watched a full MOTD for just as long.

A break before the world cup kicks off will do me the world of good.

demonrail666 04.30.2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Feel like football fatigue has kicked in for me big time. Save for the champions league I dont think I've watched a full game for a few weeks. Hell, I haven't watched a full MOTD for just as long.

A break before the world cup kicks off will do me the world of good.

It's the 'curse' of being mid table. Oh what I wouldn't give for that curse right now.

h8kurdt 04.30.2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's the 'curse' of being mid table. Oh what I wouldn't give for that curse right now.

Ah, you'll be fine I'm sure of it. Get 3 points against "We're on our jollies" Leicester and you'll be clear.

demonrail666 05.01.2018 10:41 AM

So, I assume we're all watching Bayern v Real tonight.

!@#$%! 05.01.2018 10:44 AM

fuuuuuuc thanks for the reminder that i have to suffer today

i had spaced it out likely as a self-defense mechanism

guess i can always pretend. “too much work!” or some such

demonrail666 05.01.2018 12:51 PM

!@#$%! 05.01.2018 01:00 PM

poor bayern so many injuries

are those lineups confirmed?

demonrail666 05.01.2018 01:07 PM

Yeah just got them off the BBC website

Real Madrid: Navas, Lucas Vazquez, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Kovacic, Kroos, Asensio, Benzema, Ronaldo.
Subs: Casilla, Nacho, Bale, Casemiro, Theo Hernandez, Mayoral, Ceballos.

Bayern Munich: Ulreich, Kimmich, Hummels, Sule, Alaba, Tolisso, Thiago, Muller, James Rodriguez, Ribery, Lewandowski.
Subs: Starke, Wagner, Javi Martinez, Rafinha, Mai, Rudy, Dorsch.

!@#$%! 05.01.2018 01:10 PM

good to see javi martinez apparently recovered from his concussion

waiting for matador cronaldo to kill this old bull is *no fun*

but eh. im still curious cuz... you never know ha hha ha ha

the bernabeu looks threatening AF

demonrail666 05.01.2018 01:45 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern end up winning the tie but the away goals will kill them and I can't see Real not scoring.

demonrail666 05.01.2018 01:48 PM

Woah, game on!