Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

h8kurdt 06.19.2018 10:24 AM

God defence is such a nightmare to choose. Even if the defender isn't at fault for a goal he still gets docked points.

!@#$%! 06.19.2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
it seems that I'm leading the league currently, which is a LOL, as I usually suck at predicting :). I guess Griezmann, Eriksen and Godin were good investments though.
which one are you? Globalists FC?

good call. I shuffled my team around, used the wildcard and now it looks like this:

GK: Ochoa (MX)
Defence: Godin (URU), Varela (URU), Kimmich (GER)
Midfield: Golovin (RUS), Eriksen (DEN), Cheryshev (RUS), Coutinho (BRA)
Attack: Griezmann (FRA), Costa (ESP), Mertens (BEL)

Bench: Ospina (COL), Joohoo (KOR), Ebuehi (NIG), Xhaka (SUI)

oooh the wildcard! that might save me from my horrible choices lol. it’s now or never.

yeah, flores might not start against france now that guerrero returns— either he or farfan will sit out, and i think farfan is the better shooter. flores might play, but it’s not a sure bet. and they’re playing france! very long odds.

yeah im the globalista. someone has to be these days of rising nationalisms ha ha.

poland lost this first half

!@#$%! 06.19.2018 12:07 PM

oh, poor poland!— daaaamn

that 2nd goal was HARSH. legal, apparently. i’d say barely so.

!@#$%! 06.19.2018 12:10 PM

gonna make a little prediction. maybe it’s obvious but has to do w/ the leagues.

cronaldo will not start the next couple of games. portugal should save him for the important matches. he’ll start in bench and be brought on if needed.

yes/no/maybe? otherwise i’ll buy him now ha ha ha ha

!@#$%! 06.19.2018 12:56 PM

in a hurry and with few minutes to go set up new team

costa(spa)(c) guedes (por) lukaku (bel)
silva (por) sanchez (uru) meza (arg) busquets (spa) debruyne (bel)
maguire (eng) gimenez (uru) nacho (spa) varane (fra)
courtois (bel)

a nigerian keeper + defender in the perma-bench

if there’s time i might check names and tweak more this desperate improvisation

nope, no more time

ps sorry germans i think jogi loew has lost his marbles

demonrail666 06.19.2018 01:50 PM

My post Wildcard team:

Ronaldo (Po); Costa (Sp); Suarez (Ur)
Golovin (Ru); Gallinsky (Ru); Isco (Sp); Nandez (Ur); Gallardo (Me)
Kimmich (Ge); Alba (Sp); Godin (Ur); Danilo (Br); Meunier (Be)
Idohu (Ni); Halldorsson (Ic)

Also maximum captained. Most of my heavy hitters play on the same day so it takes away the dillemma of which one to choose.

!@#$%! 06.19.2018 02:06 PM

i regret not managing the budget to get cronaldo because that beast is gonna beat all the golden boot records

!@#$%! 06.19.2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Russia?!

If that team get a 2 points in all the group stages I'll be surprised.

so...

demonrail666 06.19.2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

cronaldo will not start the next couple of games. portugal should save him for the important matches. he’ll start in bench and be brought on if needed.

Portugal may have celebrated like they beat Spain, but they did only get a draw. Hardly a position of strength that might justify them leaving out their best player.The 1 and 2 spots in that group will likely come down to goal difference now. So Portugal will (like Spain) be going all-out attack in both their remaining games. Plus Ronaldo himself will want the Golden Boot. If he doesn't start the next two games, and frankly any that Portugal are involved in, I'll be amazed.

!@#$%! 06.19.2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Portugal may have celebrated like they beat Spain, but they did only get a draw. Hardly a position of strength that might justify them leaving out their best player.The 1 and 2 spots in that group will likely come down to goal difference now. So Portugal will (like Spain) be going all-out attack in both their remaining games. Plus Ronaldo himself will want the Golden Boot. If he doesn't start the next two games, and frankly any that Portugal are involved in, I'll be amazed.

this is what i get for trying to put together a whole team in less than 45 minutes

h8kurdt 06.19.2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

so...

Doping :D

h8kurdt 06.19.2018 03:16 PM

I've not used my wildcard yet so everything is the same for me, except that I took B. Silva out for Busquets. I've also kept Griezmann in but they've got Peru next so I'm a bit nervy about that decision. You'd also think Suarez will get a couple of goals against the Saudis. Then again, the way my luck is he'll score an own goal and get sent off.

The Soup Nazi 06.19.2018 05:36 PM

Now that I think about it, had I participated in the fantasy league the perfect name for my team would have been F.C. Ivanka. For obeeious reasons, you follow.

_tunic_ 06.20.2018 10:15 AM

For this round I transferred both of my goalies, because my original picks weren't actually playing. So now I've got Halldorson of Iceland and Akinfeev of Russia as the sub.
And I maxed in on my captain, De Bruyne. Let's hope he doesn't get the red card :P

!@#$%! 06.20.2018 10:33 AM

demonyo is massacring us today

demonrail666 06.20.2018 10:56 AM

I only hope the Maximum Captain does what I think it does: 'automatically makes the highest scoring player from your final playing 11 as the captain'. That's what it says in the How To Play section. So Tunic, I'm not sure it actually matters if you captain DeBruyne or not.

h8kurdt 06.20.2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

demonyo is massacring us today

Hold my beer

h8kurdt 06.20.2018 11:39 AM

Winner the absolute worst game of the tournament is the Uruguay-Saudi game. Swear they've doubled the length of matches just for this game. Ah well, gets me some points for the league.

!@#$%! 06.20.2018 11:59 AM

uruguay is king of the 1-0

i picked a defender and a midfielders and they got me some clean sheets and the assist.

will be interesting to see what happens vs. russia. i’d check the water supply wherever it is they’re staying.

portugal disappointing for me also. after the goal they basically sucked and let morocco get up in their faces.

bernardo silva got me aaaaaaaaaaaall of one point being subbed out at 58 minnutes lololol, but wonderboy guedes got me also the 2 miserable points. not the attacking powerhouse i had been expecting.

h8kurdt 06.20.2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

uruguay is king of the 1-0

i picked a defender and a midfielders and they got me some clean sheets and the assist.

will be interesting to see what happens vs. russia. i’d check the water supply wherever it is they’re staying.

portugal disappointing for me also. after the goal they basically sucked and let morocco get up in their faces.

bernardo silva got me aaaaaaaaaaaall of one point being subbed out at 58 minnutes lololol, but wonderboy guedes got me also the 2 miserable points. not the attacking powerhouse i had been expecting.

Something DEFINITELY going on with that Russian team.

Boy am I glad I changed Silva for Busquets!:D He's gonna do shit in his game now haha